DNC

NomarFachix

Excellent speech by the President that wasnt written by the President.

Some of it, or none of it, may have been written by the President, but he is an incredible public speaker. It's amazing the energy he can create behind a speech. I have yet to get that feeling watching a speech from any other politician in my generation.

I like guys like Bill Clinton and John Kerry, and Deval Patrick's speech was rather impressive. But, IMO, they don't come close to the way Obama can deliver a speech.

The 2004 DNC Obama speech was a classic.

Being as unbiased as possible...that speech really wasn't that great. IMO this was the third or 4th best speech of the convention behind Clinton, Michelle Obama and Biden (the biggest shocker of the convention imo). Its not a Republican thing, that speech was just empty and flat IMO.

Not nearly the same power and conviction he spoke with in 04 or 08.

We'll see, I don't think independents are the key in this election. Rallying the parties base and getting them to go vote is what going to win this election. The Republicans did this in 2010 so we'll see what happens this time around.

This will be decided in the debates.

Edited by Flash

Being as unbiased as possible...that speech really wasn't that great. IMO this was the third or 4th best speech of the convention behind Clinton, Michelle Obama and Biden (the biggest shocker of the convention imo). Its not a Republican thing, that speech was just empty and flat IMO.

Not nearly the same power and conviction he spoke with in 04 or 08.

We'll see, I don't think independents are the key in this election. Rallying the parties base and getting them to go vote is what going to win this election. The Republicans did this in 2010 so we'll see what happens this time around.

This will be decided in the debates.

President Bush got a huge spike in the pools in 2004 after the RNC. He never looked back. I think it's a big thing, there's a lot of people watching and it's a big deal.

And I don't know, I think this speech was pretty good. It was definitely not empty or flat. And it was definitely better than Joe Biden's...

It's going to be a close election, but I'm not saying this from a biased standpoint because I wouldn't say it if I didn't truly believe it - I'm pretty confident Obama will win. It will be close, but I'd be shocked if Romney won.

Well the jobs report which people thought would be big for Obama wasn't exactly that great. Unemployment is at 8.1 and under 100k new jobs were created which is MUCH lower than expected. We have the weakest labor participation since 1948.

If the economy is the focus of this election I just don't see Obama getting a second term.

I mean, how can you not even mention what you consider to be your 2 biggest accomplishments in the stimulus and Obamacare? It just doesn't make sense.

It wasn't a real well written speech but Obama's strength is speaking so he made it sound a lot better than it really was. He's no Clinton in that regard though, but who is?

Biden's speech was much more powerful IMO.

Edited by Flash

Flash just called himself unbiased lol gtfo

I was being honest in that post, and posted facts and numbers. If you don't want to contribute anything of substance then why post at all?

Everyone knows my views lean to the right but what was biased in that post?

Well the jobs report which people thought would be big for Obama wasn't exactly that great. Unemployment is at 8.1 and under 100k new jobs were created which is MUCH lower than expected. We have the weakest labor participation since 1948.

If the economy is the focus of this election I just don't see Obama getting a second term.

I mean, how can you not even mention what you consider to be your 2 biggest accomplishments in the stimulus and Obamacare? It just doesn't make sense.

It wasn't a real well written speech but Obama's strength is speaking so he made it sound a lot better than it really was. He's no Clinton in that regard though, but who is?

Biden's speech was much more powerful IMO.

First of all, the economy is better off now than it was four years ago. 8.1% is still too high for unemployment, but under Obama 4.5 million jobs have been created. He saved the American Auto Industry, which his opponent, Mitt Romney, wrote an Op-Ed column saying we should let GM go broke. Obama's record on the economy hasn't been bad. It's not great, because we still have too many people unemployed, but the right-wing tries to pin him for being a complete failure which could not be further from the truth.

Also, the first three months Obama was in office, a TON of jobs were lost. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I know that before he could even create policies, a lot of jobs were being lost. So if you discredit the first three months he was in office, like Mitt Romney said we should do (he said we should give a President 6 months to 1 year to let his policies take effect and really get working), his job record is way better than the statistics the Republicans continually throw out.

His record in office is actually pretty good when you look at it. The economy has improved, he saved the American Auto Industry, he passed Health Care reform, something no President has been able to do in just about 50 years of trying, & Osama Bin Laden was killed under his watch, as well as cutting taxes for the middle class. His record is pretty decent when you consider the circumstances he was put under when he was elected.

So idk, ya'll can sit here and argue with me all day. The facts are the facts. Obama has not been a great President. He hasn't been a bad one, either like ECN continually states. That's just biased, absolute horseshit.

If Obamacare was such a huge success the why not mention it in your speech? Why no mention of the stimulus? I just don't understand.

Fact: no President has won re-election with unemployment over 7.4%.

You're right, we can sit here and discuss this all day because both sides have differing views. I'm honestly just waiting for the debates already because that's where this thing is going to be decided.