Boston at Miami

Real Deal

Miami's screen-the-screener horns offense doesn't work with their bench because Lewis is so soft on screens and never sets good ones. The little edges the Bosh/Haslem/Battier combos give Miami don't materialize with Lewis.

KG is starting to make some plays to go with Rondo and Barbosa and we have a game. That and LeBron is out with cramps which helps.

quoting yourself, huh? can someone change this guy's ncaa rep to fsu for me?

So without the best player in the world in the 4th we put away our biggest rival by 13 and controlled the game all the way though..I like it.

Ray Allen looked unreal and Shard was very solid. Bosh closed it out and Wade looks like he might have a monster season, especially if he plays primarily out of the post.

Honestly, does Boston have one definitive advantage over Miami? Chalmers is rapidly becoming one of the best on ball defenders at his position, and I think that disrupts a lot in the grand scheme of things for Boston.

Doc needs to roll with the bigs more than he did tonight. I get that when you're down the best option is to get out and run, and shoot your way back into the game, but they allowed a lot of weakside cuts and Bosh abused those undersized forwards (Green, Sullinger, Bass).

But really it all comes down to LeBron. He looked incredible tonight.

"I got my kids watching so I stopped myself but it was a punk play by him," said Wade, who had a team-best 29 points in the win. "He clotheslined me."

LOL Stern should mandate that this man wear a skirt to each game, what a ladylike response to the worlds softest flagrant.

• Owner

I like Bron more than I do Wade, and that's hilarious to me, given that James was my most hated for a few years. Wade is just annoying, and probably pissed that LeBron took his city. I laughed hard when the crowd gave LBJ that HUGE ovation when he was the last one to get his ring (which was great, also).

Probably not back full time lol, but I have no cable, I can't record this game, and there's not much to do with NYC shut down thanks to Sandy...plus I missed you guys!

Good to have you back, even if it's not full-time. You sure were among the most missed ones:

http://www.discusshoops.com/forums/topic/31626-member-you-miss-the-most

Lol @ the usual suspects in here bitching about Wade. It was a punk play, why the need for that at the end of the game? Just take your loss like a man, not like a salty little bitch.

And lulz @ "pissed that LeBron took his city"

• Owner

Lol @ the usual suspects in here bitching about Wade. It was a punk play, why the need for that at the end of the game? Just take your loss like a man, not like a salty little bitch.

And lulz @ "pissed that LeBron took his city"

He grabbed his shoulder. If you call that a clothesline, you need to go back to Kobe/Bell incident, where Bell brought his arm back, then forward, and clotheslined Kobe across the neck.

You didn't hear Elton Brand calling Dwight Howard a punk, and saying he dropkicked him, for hitting him across the shoulders last night...and that was actually worse.

And yes, LeBron took Wade's city in the summer of 2010, like I said he would. Miami was LeBron's the night he told the world he was going there. I'd be salty if I was Wade, also, if the NBA's villain came in and ripped off my Batman mask and gave me cat ears, high heels, and a whip.

The least we can say is that the Heat were quite impressive last night. They were in control the whole game and did not even need LeBron in the 4th to conclude the game.. Ray and Lewis are exactly what this team needed and they are now almost flawless (almost cause they might need another true big man as they got only Udonis and Bosh, but nothing's perfect anyhow..). If they stay healthy it's gonna be really hard to beat them this year.

It was great to see Green back on court in Boston (well we saw him in the preseason but still, it was his first official game since 2011..), the C's sure are gonna need him at his best this year as they are a bit light inside since Perk's departure (Bass and Sullinger are nice but they don't make up for the loss or Perk). Jeff was not particularly great yesterday (that's the least we can say..) but he looked very good in the preseason and I liked the comparison that Scalabrine made during one preseason game, when he compared him to Worthy, the two players definitely look alike, Big Game James was faster and Jeff is a better shooter, but other than that they have a lot in common. This year might be the best season of his career. As for the C's they have a very nice team, and a better bench, but I doubt that even all the guards they have now can make up for the loss of Ray Allen. We'll see.

It was great to see the NBA back anyhow, I even watched all the games yesterday. And they were all quite entertaining. Even Cavs-Wizards, with a huge Varejao. He's definitely the heart of the team now, he does all the dirty tasks and he's essential to the Cavs. And Kyrie is really impressive.. He's already at his best, in his first game of the season. I also loved Dion Waiters, this guy can become a very good NBA player. Still too early to tell but I think that this team might have a chance to make the playoffs.

And I know that a lot of people are upset by the Lakers' loss and start to jump to easy conclusions... But let's not get carried away it was only one game (and I don't care about preseason games, it doesn't mean anything to me ; I don't know how many times I've seen teams being terrible in the preseason and play great in the regular season, and the opposite). All the players have to learn to play with each other and they all have to learn a new offense... It's gonna take time. We will only be able to judge this team in at least a couple of months. But they sure have a lot of work to do right now.

As for the Mavs they were quite impressive yesterday, the new additions already fit very well, they already developped quite a nice chemistry. They played extremely well despite the fact that Dirk, Kaman and West weren't there... Well West is now waived so we will not see him in a Mavs uniform again (sadly.. I've always been a big fan of this player) but when Chris and Dirk will be back the Mavs will be scary. If Dirk gets rid of his knee troubles for good and manage to get back to his 2011 level, the Mavs can definitely win another ring.

Anyway glad to see the NBA back, I'm really pumped for this season ! Man I love basketball so much... No one likes bball more than I do... As much ? Maybe but, pardon my French, it's just [expletive]ing impossible that someone loves it more than me.

And I'm particularly pumped for Knicks-Nets tomorrow, our season opener. My favorite team vs my second favorite team. Yes cause the Nets are now officially my second fav team since they're in New York (I know that they were just across the Hudson river before but still, New Jersey ain't New York). Second but definitely not first though, I have been a Knicks fan for too many years to change now... The only way for the Nets to become my favorite team would be if the Knicks were moved to another city... And I hope it will never happen.

Anyway I feel that this season is gonna be great.

P.S. : I know that I talked about the three games in the Heat-Celtics topic but I just didn't feel like posting three times to talk about yesterday's games.. Sorry about that.

Edited by Oliver P

Cancelled already

Oh yeah right because of the storm... Man, they didn't even talk about it during yesterday's games, it didn't even occur to me that they would obviously cancel that game.. Bummer.

Although it's just a baksetball game, the life of the people who live in the East coast is obviously more important and I hope that every DH member hasn't suffered too much from that storm. And that there won't be too much damage where Sandy is going.

It was really sad to see New York after that storm.. I hope that New York will get back on its feet ASAP. I know it will.

If Lebron taking the city from Wade means he is the better player then yes, he would take the city from anyone, even Kobe. No one is forgetting what Wade did to the city. All our sports teams sucked balls for years, aside from the Marlins, but no one cares about them. It was mainly a football city, and the Dolphins never did crap. If you really think about it, Wade put the entire city of Miami at the top in terms of sports franchises. His ability to win us a title, attract big name FA's over the years and work with the community is not something Lebron can just walk in and claim after 2 seasons. Since the Heat's success, other sports franchises in Miami have needed to compete and attract the big names in order to keep the fan's attention. I really don't think you guys can realize that everyone here still cares for Wade very much, he is not some toy we forgot about and threw in the corner because the new toy was better.

Also, Rondo is a little [expletive] bitch for trying us lately, he is taking the Danny Granger approach and trying to act tough. Last year he complained about the refs, got in a scuffle with Wade twice, and this year he didn't like a questionable move Wade made on him and then tried to take his revenge at the end of the game.