Boston at Miami

Real Deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

I wonder if the Heat will go with a lineup that sticks Wade at the point, for limited minutes, in this first game?

C - Bosh

PF - Haslem

SF - LeBron

SG - Allen

PG - Wade

That would be interesting to see, if Bass is at the four. You can move LeBron up to the four when Jeff Green is out there, stick Battier at the three (defending Pierce), and have Chalmers back in the game if Jason Terry is on the floor (so Wade can defend Terry). No idea how Miami will want to approach Boston's multiple options at guard.

I know they'll start Chalmers and possibly Battier, but it would be intriguing to see them go with that five in small stretches, just to test it out.

I wonder if the Heat will go with a lineup that sticks Wade at the point, for limited minutes, in this first game?

C - Bosh

PF - Haslem

SF - LeBron

SG - Allen

PG - Wade

That would be interesting to see, if Bass is at the four. You can move LeBron up to the four when Jeff Green is out there, stick Battier at the three (defending Pierce), and have Chalmers back in the game if Jason Terry is on the floor (so Wade can defend Terry). No idea how Miami will want to approach Boston's multiple options at guard.

I know they'll start Chalmers and possibly Battier, but it would be intriguing to see them go with that five in small stretches, just to test it out.

I think that would be their best line up, but I think both LeBron and Wade have said (could be totally pulling this out of my ass though, just feel like I read it last year) that they don't want to guard points. I am just curious to see how Allen is going to be implemented into the rotation. They can't very well have Wade, LeBron and Allen on the floor at the same time unless Wade is guarding point guards, which would be scary since we know how disinterested he can be defensively in the regular season. But Allen is just too good a shooter to not have him on the floor with LeBron for at least 20-25 minutes a night.

I am really excited to see LeBron surrounded with shooters again though. As if stopping him wasn't hard enough last year, now he has both shooters like in Cleveland (they had shooters last year, but no Ray Allen), and quality support in Miami. Hoping for a historical season out of LeBron this year, and lots of triple doubles.

Simmons actually has a really good article on Grantland right now about LeBron. His stuff hasn't been that great lately, but that article gave me goosebumps. People need to realize that we are watching one of the best players ever carve his legacy right now, and instead of pretending like Durant is in his stratosphere (not even close), we should all sit back and enjoy watching him grow into one of the greatest ever.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Even if he didn't want to defend the PG position, I would think Wade would do what's best for the team, whenever they needed it. Even if it's for small stretches of each game...he should consider it.

If the Heat meet LA in the Finals, their best bet is to have Bosh and Haslem in their frontcourt. I realize LeBron can hold his own against Gasol, but I don't think he should attempt that when we're running the Princeton offense, because James will be needed to roam, and it's better to leave Artest open over anyone else on the court. Gasol isn't a superstar, but he is still VERY skilled, and he will hurt a team that doesn't recognize that.

I was watching one of the Heat post game practice videos on youtube, since I am subscribed to them. Spo says they are playing position less basketball, so anyone can handle the ball or post up when running the offense.

That being said, I think we are implementing a different offensive system than last year, which was horrible to watch unless we were on the fast break. Very excited for this game because Boston rapes us hardcore in the regular season, and last time we got our rings, we got blown out by 40.

What I am really interested in seeing is how they are going to manage to stop Lebron in the post or the lane, Wade on the perimeter, and Ray Allen at the three point line. That is too much to keep in mind, and we also have another three point shooter on the floor as well. I even saw Ray Allen post up a few times in the pre season, so he might even try that lol

Hope to catch the end of this one. I think the Celtics will be a totally refreshed team this year. They have more depth and youth for the first time since they last reached the finals. I hope the Celtics are physical on Allen.

• Owner

Really though...

LOST

Ray Allen

Mickael Pietrus

Marquis Daniels

Keyon Dooling

GAINED

Avery Bradley (missing from the playoffs)

Jason Terry

Jeff Green

Courtney Lee

Leandro Barbosa

Jared Sullinger

Fab Melo

Darko Milicic

Kris Joseph

I know I'm leaving a couple out, but once you get Avery Bradley back...you're dealing with an entirely different team, it seems, from the squad we saw in the playoffs.

• Like 1

LMAO, you hate Miami so much its incredible. You still have to bring up the fans and attendance every chance you get. I am sure Toronto is a rocking crowd 24/7.

Toronto's crowd is infinitely better than Miami's, our teams have forever sucked, yet we still get people in that building and are loud. Just makes the game more enjoyable when the crowd is rocking (OKC). I am sure the crowd will be fine tonight for opening night. Stop being so insecure.

Edited by Check my Stats

Im not insecure about our fans, I know how they are. Just hate how it has to brought up for no reason at all. The reason Toronto's crowd might be better on a regular basis is that their big moment and games comes during the regular season against good teams. Miami's crowd big moment is against a good team, or in the playoffs. You will never see a rocking crowd for a Miami vs. Wizards game because the Wizards bring nothing to the table.Does it suck? Yes, but that is the mindset here

Also, you can't gauge the atmosphere of the arena from you living room TV. I have been to some pretty shitty and boring games, before we had Wade and after we lost our good teams from the 90's...and the arena was pretty loud. Once the team gets good, ticket prices go up, and those people willing to support their shitty team can't afford their tickets on a regular basis....then all you get is people that piss out money attending games because "its the thing to do".

Edited by SRV

Miami's spacing is so much better without Joel Anthony starting. So much space for cutters, so when Boston helps, Miami is getting nice open looks from downtown.

Courtney Lee's playing real well. He's been solid on defense and he's making all his open shots off broken plays.

Jeff Green iso'd Battier and missed an ugly runner, plus bricked a wide-open jumper. He's not giving Boston much.

Sullinger and Pierce gave Boston some good offense in transition with their athleticism. Sullinger also defended a Pierce post up.

I like all the corner curls Boston runs. Looks a lot like Miami's offense, and they're passing well off doubles.

Green got fouled there by Allen, and I guess its a mismatch, but he missed an extra-pass opportunity for an open jumper for somebody. Not the worst play and not a bad result, but he seems slow to recognize things.

Rashard Lewis says thank god I'm not on the Wizrds, but then gets posted for 2 points. KG on Lewis is a mismatch Boston needs to win.

Terry with two bad passes. Poor execution.

Cole steps on endline on baseline drive. Poor awareness.

Someone (KG?) set a great screen on a Terry S/R. It put Haslem on Terry and Terry just faked a drive and ended up with a wide, wide, nobody in the ball park open 20 footer. Good to see Boston execute that play so well to get 2 points.

Norris Cole says [expletive] execution though and just hits a random three-pointer. If he can shoot a bit it just helps Miami's spacing that much more and sets up Miami's driving.

I love how Green posts Lewis, gets by him, and still has Lewis block his shot. My goodness Jeff Green.

Boston gives a 2-screen look for Terry, Haslem can't hedge, Lewis poor help on the back side, Terry gets a plus-one. Later Terry just blitzes No-Cole for a foul. He's the fastest scorer Boston has had in awhile. The Celtics look much faster with him in the floor.

Lewis doesn't just shoot, he posts up and draws a foul.

Dwyane Wade has been gambling on defense and he let Pierce get by him by the Celtics missed a shot at the rim. He also missed a layup. Not exactly Wade's best performance this half.

Allen hits a jumper of a runner. Not bad.

I also LOVE how Boston is pushing the pace. They're getting easy points by playing faster which is helping them keep pace.

Whoever was guarding Chalmers on Miami's 1-4 high let LeBron cut right off that for a dunk. Need to sag and protect...

Battier's had some problems guarding Boston's wings, but he's shit down Bass and Green for the most part.

Plus when Miami goes small with him at the 4 and Boston runs a high screen for Pierce, Pierce is getting switched from LeBron to Battier. That's not much of an advantage gained and makes defense so much easier for Miami.

Bass missed a rotation on LeBron's short fallaway but rotating is so hard to do when you have to guard shooters and not Joel Anthony.

Edited by Erick Blasco

• Owner

Wade is having a little trouble with Lee on him. He can get out on the break and score, and shake him off with a screen, but one-on-one, Lee is doing a great job.

Can't wait to see Bradley in a couple months, or however long it will take him.

Green gets blocked...he's just not a difference maker at this level of competition. LeBron hedges a 1/4 screen real well to force the pass to Green. His defense took away the ball handler and there was no angle to find Pierce as the screener. LeBron gets rewarded with a huge dunk.

Still, Boston is only down 8 on the road, things could be much worse.