2012 World Series: Detroit vs. San Francisco

Cobb

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/det.png vs. http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/sf.png

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (Wednesday 10/24, 8:00 PM ET at AT&T Park): Justin Verlander vs. Barry Zito

Game 2 (Thursday 10/25, 8:00 PM ET at AT&T Park): Doug Fister vs. TBA

Game 3 (Saturday 10/27, 8:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): TBA vs. Anibal Sanchez

Game 4 (Sunday 10/28, 8:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): TBA vs. Max Scherzer

Game 5* (Monday 10/29, 8:00 PM ET at Comerica Park): TBA vs. TBA

Game 6* (Wednesday 10/31, 8:00 PM ET at AT&T Park): TBA vs. TBA

Game 7* (Thursday 11/1, 8:00 PM ET at AT&T Park) TBA vs TBA

All game times are ET (* = if necessary).

All games will be broadcasted on FOX.

ESPN Radio will carry every postseason game, and the games will be live-streamed on ESPNRadio.com.

Barry Zito wins one game with smoke and mirrors and suddenly he gets to start game 1 of the World Series. Better yet, Matt Cain will only get one start the entire series. Solid work, Bruce.

Normally I'd say Tigers in 4 or 5, but because of the long layoff, who knows. Hopefully it's a fun series.

Edited by Phightins

Barry Zito wins one game with smoke and mirrors and suddenly he gets to start game 1 of the World Series. Better yet, Matt Cain will only get one start the entire series. Solid work, Bruce.

Normally I'd say Tigers in 4 or 5, but because of the long layoff, who knows. Hopefully it's a fun series.

Really don't mind Zito getting the start but what I do mind is Cain not possibly two. Bruce better know what's he's doing.

I don't doubt Bruce's judgement one bit. The dude has helped us to two pennants in the last three seasons. I'm still with the majority on the Cain thing though, it doesn't make sense to give our star pitcher only one start. We'll see though, this is going to make for one interesting World Series.