What teams should go after Kirk Cousins?

Real Deal

• Owner

So many teams need QB's, and Washington knew they'd be drafting a starter-level QB to stick behind RG3 until he's dealt for a high pick and/or great player(s), so what teams in the NFL should be focused on landing Cousins?

• Owner

A lot of Chiefs fans in the area are thinking Collin Klein, which is funny to me. They are just saying it because he's coming out of K-State.

Warren, would you trade the #1 pick in the draft for Cousins, if you were KC? They are likely drafting a QB, anyway.

A lot of Chiefs fans in the area are thinking Collin Klein, which is funny to me. They are just saying it because he's coming out of K-State.

Warren, would you trade the #1 pick in the draft for Cousins, if you were KC? They are likely drafting a QB, anyway.

yes i would, this draft sucks for teams picking in the top slots. nothing is for sure. Cousins will be a very good starter once giving the green light to take over an offense.

We don't know how good Cousins is or will be. He's barely played. And, who knows if Washington is willing to give him up? It's very unlikely RGIII will ever play a full 16 game season.

Too many to name

KC-(unless they draft Geno Smith or Matt Barkley in the draft)

JAX-(Gabbert sucks and Henne's o.k but competition never hurts)

BUF-(They should have never gave Fitz that extension)

NYJ-(What do I have to say that hasn't been said this season yet for their QB situation)

PHI- (Vick's day's in Philly are numbered and Foles has potential but as I said for the Jaguars competition never hurts)

DAL-(After yesterday I think the Romo era will end soon. If not this offseason maybe next especially if they caan get Cousins)

OAK-(Palmer is aging and not nearly as good as he used to be and there second best option is Terrell Pryor)

HOU-(Ok not really but Schaub has pissed me off so much the last couple of weeks I really wouldn't mind us at least taking a shot at Cousins. This is wishful thinking though since Yates is our backup)

Edited by htownborn

• Owner

We don't know how good Cousins is or will be. He's barely played.

Right, but at least he came out and gave us NFL fans a game-winning drive, and then won his first full game of his career. It's not much, but it's more than any QB in the draft has done.

So I guess the big question is, do you take Cousins, or go with someone like Smith, and hope that he's not a JaMarcus Russell? Not that he plays like Russell, though...lol.

And, who knows if Washington is willing to give him up? It's very unlikely RGIII will ever play a full 16 game season.

Makes sense, but why not trade Cousins for a top 5-10 draft pick if it's in reach? You're not going to see Cousins for at least 75% of the season, anyway (assuming that RG3 isn't injury-prone his entire career).

No way the Eagles give up on one 2012 3rd round QB for another, who we have seen even less of.

Well, shouldn't say "no way" I guess, but I'd be stunned. I think we will be rolling with Foles.

EDIT: Forgot Cousins was a 4th rounder. Point stands.

Edited by Phightins
  • Like 1

No way the Eagles give up on one 2012 3rd round QB for another, who we have seen even less of.

Well, shouldn't say "no way" I guess, but I'd be stunned. I think we will be rolling with Foles.

Wilson was 3rd round, Cousins 4th round. and both will have brighter futures then the current 1st rounders in this draft

So you'd take one of the QB's from the draft over Cousins?

Early to tell, players haven't declared yet and I'd wait to see about the quarterback situation first. But I sure as hell wouldn't give a top 15 pick for him. Not based off a win over Cleveland, not when he was available to every team for three rounds last year and they all passed on him. Not interested at that price. Good players don't go for that price.

• Owner

Good players don't go for that price.

Good AND bad players have gone for that price over the years, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

For all of the big-time QB's that go broke once they are drafted early (JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch), you get a Tom Brady, Doug Flutie, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Rich Gannon, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck...and the list goes on.

If I'm the Chiefs, and I can't make a trade to land Cousins with ANYTHING else on the roster (in an effort to do that AND keep the #1 pick), I'm going to deal that pick for Cousins.

Is Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or Mike Glennon a safer bet than Cousins right now? I'm not even going to bring up Collin Klein, or any other QB that could be in this upcoming draft. Kansas City will most definitely select a QB, so that's basically all I'm asking.

Good AND bad players have gone for that price over the years, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Recently? Who?

For all of the big-time QB's that go broke once they are drafted early (JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch), you get a Tom Brady, Doug Flutie, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Rich Gannon, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck...and the list goes on.

And the one game against the Browns proves that Cousins is in the second class of players? He could end up being a Croyle, too.

If I'm the Chiefs, and I can't make a trade to land Cousins with ANYTHING else on the roster (in an effort to do that AND keep the #1 pick), I'm going to deal that pick for Cousins.

I don't know what sold you so highly on Cousins, but at the price of the #1 pick, I'd very easily choose to draft Jarvis Jones, Lotulelei, or Joeckel and trade for Flynn at a much lower price. And that's assuming one of these QB's doesn't tear up the combine and practices like Scam Newton and jump through as a clear cut #1 choice.

Is Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or Mike Glennon a safer bet than Cousins right now? I'm not even going to bring up Collin Klein, or any other QB that could be in this upcoming draft. Kansas City will most definitely select a QB, so that's basically all I'm asking.

Again, it's early. But for a new GM to jump in and trade the #1 overall pick for a 4th rounder in last year's draft who started one game this season is much riskier than coming through and picking a guy he thinks best suited to help his club. If the Chiefs need a QB and don't want to reach at #1 (Cousins is also a tremendous reach at #1, so no help there), they can make a trade for Flynn, check the FA market, and just pick a guy at a different position.. they surely need help everywhere.

I don't know why some people here think Cousins is that great? He may or may not be better than any other QB in this years NFL Draft. I'm not debating that. But he's not worth a 1st round pick. I'll reiterate iMan and what I said earlier: He's a 4th round pick who we've seen play like one full regular season game.

Agreed.

There's no QBs avail(FA or Draft) that really grab my attention(Nassib from Syracuse is a bit interesting though)

And I wanna know what Lkr thinks of EJ Manuel lol

Cousins didn't look so great when RGIII had to come out. Lol

Meh. I wouldn't put any of the blame on him. He made two great passes on his first two throws. After that the Redskins center [expletive]ed up on multiple snaps along with the o-line doing a terrible job picking up the blitz.