DO you want U.S to take away the 2nd amendment?

reno

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No you stopped reading because you have no response for my argument ;), this seems typical of the liberals to not debate with people when being faced with facts.

Oh, no, I do have an argument. Actually, not an argument, it's fact.

Guns harder to get = less murders.

I realize you won't stop every single person from having a gun. You won't stop every single senseless act of violence, or every single murder in general. But if you're telling me we should do nothing about gun violence (specifically mass shootings, aurora, columbine, newtown ct) than I can't even have a discussion with you. It's come to a point where we need to move in a direction that makes it more difficult for guns to get into the hands of the mentally ill. I realize it's not your average gun owner going out there and killing 10 people at your local shopping mall.

To tell me that people will find other ways to kill people like with knives, baseball bats, etc. is comical to me. Yeah, that will and still does happen on occasion, but it's not nearly as efficient as simply loading a bullet and pulling a trigger.

Or in the U.S., simply buying an AR-15 and blasting away at a school room full of children.

Banning guns does not stop murder, people will start making pipe bombs, using weapons like baseball bats, knives, and millions of other weapons and criminals are still going to have guns.

That stat wasn't murders, it was murders with guns. Obviously putting stricter laws on guns will lower that number significantly. I never said a ban should be put on guns and I never said it would stop murder either. All I'm saying is that stricter gun laws will lower the number of homicides in the US.

That stat wasn't murders, it was murders with guns. Obviously putting stricter laws on guns will lower that number significantly. I never said a ban should be put on guns and I never said it would stop murder either. All I'm saying is that stricter gun laws will lower the number of homicides in the US.

Stricter drug laws will also stop people from smoking.

I realize you won't stop every single person from having a gun. You won't stop every single senseless act of violence, or every single murder in general. But if you're telling me we should do nothing about gun violence (specifically mass shootings, aurora, columbine, newtown ct) than I can't even have a discussion with you. It's come to a point where we need to move in a direction that makes it more difficult for guns to get into the hands of the mentally ill. I realize it's not your average gun owner going out there and killing 10 people at your local shopping mall.

To tell me that people will find other ways to kill people like with knives, baseball bats, etc. is comical to me. Yeah, that will and still does happen on occasion, but it's not nearly as efficient as simply loading a bullet and pulling a trigger.

Or in the U.S., simply buying an AR-15 and blasting away at a school room full of children.

and what happens when the gov sends special forces/tanks to your houses and all you have to defend yourself is a base ball bat? bet you'd be wishing you had a ar-15 or automatic machine gun.

What you aren't getting:

1.People will still get guns if they are illegal, you will be taking guns out of the hands of millions of innocents to make sure 1 person out of hundreds of thousands won't commit a homicide when that person in reality can do it in a different way

2. Our government is literally screwing us, they are interfering more in our daily lives, taxing the shit out of us, and taking our freedoms, if you take our guns away people will have no form of protection to defend themselves from the government or criminals.

I don't even know why I choose to debate with people who think Obama would be a good president.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan
  • Like 1

status quo is unacceptable. just because idiots and the crazy will find 'a way' to get guns doesn't mean we have to make it so easy.

idiot logic, lulz

How's that gun buyback program working out? Oh, not very well you say?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/12/gun-buybacks-popular-but-ineffective/1829165/

Idiot logic, lulzzzzzz.

Herp derp.

People like you like to focus SOLELY on gun murders and love to ignore the fact that places like the UK have a MUCH higher violent crime rate than the U.S.

Why is that? Could it be that those in the UK know no one is going to have a gun and will take advantage and commit crimes knowing they won't be shot? Yes, that's exactly what it is.

Why don't you want to ban handguns? Do you want to check up the statistics of handgun murders in Chicago alone compared to assault rifle murders if since you really care about the safety of people? I'lll wait for you to get back to me on that.

AGAIN, I never said it would stop gun murders. I said it would lower them. I don't see how that so hard to understand.

So a few less murders so millions of people can be de-armed and be in the risk of getting robbed, the US is a high crime area you are pretty much screwed here without a gun

"The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

The teenager grabbed his father's assault rifle and knew what to do with it.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood."

http://nation.foxnews.com/crime/2013/01/10/15-year-old-defends-home-against-burglars-shoots-one-them-fathers-ar-15

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

So a few less murders so millions of people can be de-armed and be in the risk of getting robbed, the US is a high crime area you are pretty much screwed here without a gun

The only people that should be being de-armed are the ones deemed unfit to own a gun. The city I live in has high crime rate, doesn't mean I need to own a gun to feel safe either. I guess maybe its different in bigger cities.

• Owner

Like I've stated before, I don't think they should strip all Americans of their guns...but I'd love to know why anyone thinks it's okay to be able to go out and buy 50+ guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

You shouldn't be able to get that, and you shouldn't be able to purchase anything our military uses.

If you're going to tell me it's for protection against the government...well, I'm sorry, but not even your 50 guns will stop our military from doing what they want, unless your gun purchases come with free fighter jets and tanks.

• Owner

Also, this saying that goes something like, "If you make certain guns illegal, it won't matter because they can be purchased on the black market anyway," well...does that mean we should legalize meth and cocaine? Should I be able to purchase an Uzi at Wal-Mart?

Also, this saying that goes something like, "If you make certain guns illegal, it won't matter because they can be purchased on the black market anyway," well...does that mean we should legalize meth and cocaine? Should I be able to purchase an Uzi at Wal-Mart?

Amen RD.

All I'm saying is that status quo is unacceptable... I don't think anyone has a 'need' for guns in our modern-day society in the U.S. Do I recognize that some people enjoy guns as sport (like hunting, etc.)? Yes. I'm fine with people being able to own guns. There's a ton of responsible gun owners out there. But, that just because people can 'still get' guns doesn't mean we should make everything and anything legal and easy for idiots, criminals, and the mentally ill to get into their hands.

I can't argue on this issue with people who think anyone should be able to go to a gun show and buy automatic rifles and high capacity magazine clips. It's ridiculous.

Like I've stated before, I don't think they should strip all Americans of their guns...but I'd love to know why anyone thinks it's okay to be able to go out and buy 50+ guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

You shouldn't be able to get that, and you shouldn't be able to purchase anything our military uses.

If you're going to tell me it's for protection against the government...well, I'm sorry, but not even your 50 guns will stop our military from doing what they want, unless your gun purchases come with free fighter jets and tanks.

Cool, tell me why you aren't for banning pistols which cause a LOTTTTTTTTT more murders than "assault rifles" do. Surely you must care about the safety of American people, right? What's your agenda? You don't want to ban the weapons that cause the most murders? Interesting.

Right.

Just before this, you said that it's pointless for American's to arm themselves from the government. Just because there is a chance citizens will be overpowered, that means they shouldn't take the chance to arm themselves incase that situation arises?

Interesting.

I can't argue on this issue with people who think anyone should be able to go to a gun show and buy automatic rifles and high capacity magazine clips. It's ridiculous.

Herp friggin derp.

Herein lies the problem with the anti-gun freaks. You don't even have your FACTS correct. NO ONE can LEGALLY purchase a fully AUTOMATIC weapon in the U.S.

Yet, we have the media and people like you spewing boldface lies like that. You CAN'T purchase a fully automatic weapon in the U.S.

• Owner

Cool, tell me why you aren't for banning pistols which cause a LOTTTTTTTTT more murders than "assault rifles" do. Surely you must care about the safety of American people, right? What's your agenda? You don't want to ban the weapons that cause the most murders? Interesting.

Unlike others, the statistics are meaningless to me because a lot of arguments hinge on two things:

1) crime stats, BUT

2) countries that have services and facilities to care for the mentally ill

So, if someone comes in here and says that [insert country here] has low crime rates AND little gun control...but then another argues that our lack of mental institutions and services are the reasons why shooting occur...what's the reason? Which is it? Does that other country (the low crime, low gun control) have better services and facilities available? I'm sure they do, just like how our country is "over-medicated" and out of sync because of how dominant pharmaceuticals are here.

You're grouping me with those that see things in a different light. Pistols cause more murders because they are by FAR more common to acquire.

My simple question is, why would you need to go our and order assault weapons and a thousand rounds of ammo? Are you going to unload a thousand rounds into a house intruder? Do you hunt insects with all of that ammo?

Right.

Just before this, you said that it's pointless for American's to arm themselves from the government. Just because there is a chance citizens will be overpowered, that means they shouldn't take the chance to arm themselves incase that situation arises?

Interesting.

What you just quoted, and what you're repeating (about what I said in regards to being armed in case of a hostile government) doesn't relate. My question is...can you buy an Uzi at Wal-Mart? If we're protecting ourselves from the government, AND if we can get an Uzi if we REALLY wanted it...why not just sell them to us?

Can you answer that? Why can't we get an Uzi from Wal-Mart? That's a big question.

Portugal legalized both and drug usage went down. And yes you should be able to.

Making your gun fully automatic is also really easy, all you need to do is order a part from overseas, insert it in your rifle and it becomes automatic

Amen RD.

All I'm saying is that status quo is unacceptable... I don't think anyone has a 'need' for guns in our modern-day society in the U.S. Do I recognize that some people enjoy guns as sport (like hunting, etc.)? Yes. I'm fine with people being able to own guns. There's a ton of responsible gun owners out there. But, that just because people can 'still get' guns doesn't mean we should make everything and anything legal and easy for idiots, criminals, and the mentally ill to get into their hands.

Drinking and driving also kills 10,000 annually, but huge fines and jail time don't stop people from doing it.

Banning something does nothing, and in this case you are taking weapons away from innocents and into the hands of the criminal underground and black market.

Those assault weapons used in the shootings are functionally identical to hunting rifles.

My simple question is, why would you need to go our and order assault weapons and a thousand rounds of ammo? Are you going to unload a thousand rounds into a house intruder? Do you hunt insects with all of that ammo?

You'd be surprised how fast you can burn through those rounds at the shooting range.

Herp friggin derp.

Herein lies the problem with the anti-gun freaks. You don't even have your FACTS correct. NO ONE can LEGALLY purchase a fully AUTOMATIC weapon in the U.S.

Yet, we have the media and people like you spewing boldface lies like that. You CAN'T purchase a fully automatic weapon in the U.S.

Ok, semi-automatic? You walk into a school and it works that same - you can kill a lot of people in very little time.