Philadelphia Flyers!

fly3rs18

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda feel bad for carcillo, sucks to have played the whole year and playoffs then get scratched for the stanley cup finals. we'll see if he gets a chance at all this series, id be surprised if he doesnt

cant wait for this game though

Laviolette rides the hot lineup until it's desperation time or somebody gets hurt. They are 2-0 with this current lineup. Hopefully nobody gets hurt but yeah, if they lose a game or 2 early I'd be shocked if Carcillo isn't back in the lineup.

Other good news...

The 3rd pair (Bartulis/Krajicek) was actually useable. Also, Braydon Coburn was nasty. Very physical, smart. Had a mean streak. Where the hell has this been all year, Braydon?

So weird that it's June and tonight there will be a non-baseball pro sporting event of importance in South Philadelphia.

Anyway, looks like it will be the same lineup tonight as game 2. Not really a surprise, Oskars Bartulis was solid.

Time for the Timonen/Coburn pairing to step it up even more (well, they have been pretty awesome so far, but will need to be even more awesome the rest of this series). The Kane-Toews-Byfuglien line is being split up for the sole purpose of keeping one of Kane/Toews away from Pronger at all times. So, it should be interesting to see how that goes.

I'm guessing same lineup tonight, but we won't know for sure until later. JVR looked very strong in game 4 so I am guessing he stays in.

Tonight is the key game of the series. If the Flyers can come home for game 6 with a chance to win the Stanley Cup, I can't even imagine how wild the city is going to be.

Time for the Timonen/Coburn pairing to step it up even more (well, they have been pretty awesome so far, but will need to be even more awesome the rest of this series). The Kane-Toews-Byfuglien line is being split up for the sole purpose of keeping one of Kane/Toews away from Pronger at all times. So, it should be interesting to see how that goes.

I'm guessing same lineup tonight, but we won't know for sure until later. JVR looked very strong in game 4 so I am guessing he stays in.

i like the timonen kane matchup so i have no problem with that. but bu[expletive]lien isnt nearly as good without toews and kane

Pretty annoying. The first period was brutal. Michael Leighton was really bad and Chris Pronger played his worst period of the postseason. The nail was in the coffin before the 2nd period even started.

But what was more annoying than the actual game was now pro-Chicago the broadcast was. They didn't even really attempt to hide it. But I guess that's to be expected when a decent amount of the talking is done by Ed Olczyk. Like...really? It is hard to take them seriously when Olczyk is pointing out every minor cross check or hold that could have possibly been a penalty against the Flyers, and saying "oh wow Doc the Flyers really got away with that one", but not saying a word when Danny Briere gets his face ripped open by a high stick, or when Chris Pronger goes to the box for a really weak hook. And don't get me started on the pure idiocy of Milbury and Roenick (loved JR as a player, but he is a hack broadcaster).

Blah. Not over, at least.

Edited by Phightins

Don't really get why such a big deal is being made about the goalie for game 6. I think it will almost certainly be Michael Leighton, unless he is injured (there is actually a rumor that he took a puck off his knee during warmups last night).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2010-06/54183319.jpg

Oh wow, how funny. Does everybody get it? I am still laughing. If they keep trying they will be as funny as the NY Post.