Cleveland @ Miami

alcstarheel

Sorry, I don't remember Beasley getting in any kind of groove. What sticks out in my mind is some boneheaded plays, like when he goal-tended a shot that didn't have a chance of going in, and when he had a basket interference on a shot that WAS going in. That's an easy 4 points right there. Those would have been nice at the end of the game. Plus those those 3 straight personal fouls in the fourth quarter doesn't leave much room for Spoelstra to want to keep him in.

With the Cavs' defense focused on Wade, Haslem played very well scoring 8 points in the fourth quarter. And, sure, he had no impact after that off balance lay up with barely a minute left to put the Heat up 1 - with the next possession equaling a foul against Wade (which resulted in 2 missed free throws) - next possession a turnover on Wade - and last possession a Wade missed basket.

So, yea, what a poor, poor decision by Spoelstra to put in veteran player like Haslem, who obviously played so poorly, instead of keeping in a guy who is foul-prone, isn't reliable in defensive rotation, and was making bad plays offensively despite making a few shots in the 3rd quarter.

Yep, Spoelstra lost the Heat the game, once again. Absolutely NOTHING to do with going 0-5 from the FT line in the last 5 minutes, or Wade scoring only two points in the second half, and especially not that behind-the-back pass to LBJ with 8 seconds left. Nope. It was ALL Spoelstra

How did you not notice Beasley catching fire? He was the whole offense in the third and until he got pulled in the fourth. I have no problem with UD getting minutes and he definitely helped in the clutch but after that TO was called after his third jumper Spo should've pulled him knowing that Cleveland would pay more attention to him and not leave him wide open. There's no excuse for leaving your second best player on the bench in crunch time on offense.

How about the decision to let Shaq just sit in the paint in the fourth and not foul him? That was stupidity on his part as well.

Like I said, Michael's defense lacks but his offense was coming alive and he really could've helped when Wade was struggling.

Oh and btw, this Chalmers backup experiment needs to stop NOW. He was flat out horrendous last night. I can't imagine what the teams +/- is with him on the court.

This loss wasn't on Spo and that's not what I said at all. He contributed though. Missing all those FT's is what killed us. Not even Wade struggling.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the behind the back pass was meant for Lebron, I mean, there was no one on the other side of that pass, and it would have gone out of bounds. It was Wade's gift to Lebron. If Wade would have driven it in, at least the Cavs wouldn't have gotten an easy layup on the other side. Also, when Lebron stole the ball from Wade, they should have tackled him before he even got near the basket, I don't know who it was, but someone was literally running side by side with Lebron on his way to the basket. Would have saved us some time to get a better shot off.

Aside from Wade being a dumbass, knowing that we lost by one is what kills me. If we would have made TWO FT's out of the thousand we missed, we would have won. Also, Beasley [expletive]ed up with the two goaltend's, and he left Varejao open two times in a row, that is why he was yanked.

Wade will probably be really pissed and destroy everyone in the next game, hopefully. We played well, and I know for a fact the Cavs don't want any part of us in the playoffs. This is the first time I have ever seen Wade screw up so much. He is still clutch, he will never get shut out in a quarter again [unless he gets injured or pulled early], and he will bounce back.

Edited by SRV

How did you not notice Beasley catching fire? He was the whole offense in the third and until he got pulled in the fourth. I have no problem with UD getting minutes and he definitely helped in the clutch but after that TO was called after his third jumper Spo should've pulled him knowing that Cleveland would pay more attention to him and not leave him wide open. There's no excuse for leaving your second best player on the bench in crunch time on offense.

UD's last shot attempt was the last basket made for the Heat that game, including free throws, of course. I don't think I need to back him up any more. He did a great job, and I don't see how Beasley could have done any better than him.

Beasley had a short spurt in the third, but it wasn't "clean". He was making mistakes for every good thing he did. The only good thing I saw from him was that he was being really aggressive.. too aggressive. It led to a few bad plays, like the ones I mentioned before about goaltending, and Spoe didn't pull him until Beasley was continually fouling play after play.

If Beasley gets automatic playing time despite playing this way, it doesn't give him the right mindset moving forward. It's a learning process for him.

How about the decision to let Shaq just sit in the paint in the fourth and not foul him? That was stupidity on his part as well.

I didn't agree with that, either. Magloire should have been guarding Shaq. Joel is too small, and it probably would have been better to foul him rather than letting him get all those easy baskets.

Oh and btw, this Chalmers backup experiment needs to stop NOW. He was flat out horrendous last night. I can't imagine what the teams +/- is with him on the court.

This loss wasn't on Spo and that's not what I said at all. He contributed though. Missing all those FT's is what killed us. Not even Wade struggling.

I'm liking Chalmers less and less, too. He has flashes here and there but... it will only be by next year when the Heat could be in a position at heading for a Championship. He has to be ready by then if he is to reach these "high hopes" that Spoelstra and Riles set for him. Right now, the Chalmers experiment is not looking good.

Spoelstra made the adjustment today, though. Chalmers had zero minutes in the second half.

LEBRON THROWS THE HAMMER DOWN ALL OVER DWADE!

The difference between these two quarters? DEFENSE and we WOKE UP.

When will that posterizing be up on youtube?

I lol'd when I came across this gem. He didn't dunk on Wade at all and after re-watchign the video Dwyane didn't even foul him. LeBron held the rim for too long and then did his little flop on the floor. I'd hardly call that a poster. The Cavs bench should've chilled too...they seriously worship your boy.