Cleveland @ Miami

alcstarheel

If D-Wade gets a 2 pter to win, then the Cavs got screwed due to the goal tend that wasn't called.

Well, I think it was J O'Neal that got fouled 2 plays earlier which wasn't called, and then LeBron got a phantom call right down the court when he was blocked.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be great, if they doubled Wade and left Haslem open.

Who cares about the goal tend? He got the 2 points either way.

It would've been an and one with the goal tend...that was my point.

Great win, and huge for our confidence.

Exactly. We find ways to lose, and I won't even lie, Wade choked at the end. Missed two FT's, got the ball stolen with like 11 seconds left, only scored 2 points in the entire second half. Doesn't happen often, but he choked.

Edited by SRV

This might be the first game Shaq played the final minute in in a non-OT game.

Think LBJ could win defensive player of the year? He's won two games for us with game-ending defensive plays.

It wasn't exactly a stellar defensive play. Wade got a good shot off, he just missed.

Exactly. We find ways to lose, and I won't even lie, Wade choked at the end. Missed two FT's, got the ball stolen with like 11 seconds left, only scored 2 points in the entire second half. Doesn't happen often, but he choked.

Wade scored 2 points in the second half.........

Even though we won here without Mo and Delonte, I still don't want to see this team in the playoffs. Just knowing that D-Wade would be so motivated to beat LeBron and upset the Cavs scares me, and Rafer kills us, luckily he didn't tonight. Also, Haslem and JO are too quick for Shaq and Z, and JO specifically can just dribble into his jump shot and his moves, even at age 31, are too quick for Shaq.

• Owner

Damn Shaq anyways, I had him hitting 20 this game, and he only put in 19.

Wade completely choked, also. Just a STUPID behind-the-back pass. I don't give credit to LeBron for that one...that was just an ignorant pass that probably would've went out of bounds in the first place.

Both Wade and LeBron played lackluster second halves, though. Bron added 10, and Wade dropped just two, scoring-wise.

And I wouldn't say the difference was Varejao. He screwed up 3-4 times while he was out on the floor. It was Shaq who dropped 19 and drew doubles, kicked a pass out to Gibson for a three, probably did that a couple of times (don't recall).

And I wouldn't say the difference was Varejao. He screwed up 3-4 times while he was out on the floor. It was Shaq who dropped 19 and drew doubles, kicked a pass out to Gibson for a three, probably did that a couple of times (don't recall).

What AV did goes beyond stats and individual plays. His overall energy and hustle from the moment he stepped on the court rubbed off on his teammates and changed the pace of the game for the Cavs. There was a clear difference when he was on and off the floor. Shaq's efficiency scoring down low with the basketball was a key factor, but not as much as Varejao's energy.

What bothered me was when Michael got in his groove he got yanked again. I know his defense and rebounding can at times lack but he was starting to dominate. They couldn't stay in front of him and he was getting to the rack at will.

Udonis came in and had a good run with 6 points but he had no impact after that. Beasley really could've helped with Wade struggling.

Yeah no more Wade = closer talk. Hes been choking games like this all year, at least some ive seen. That was terrible play down the stretch, besides that one good d play on Lebron, he pretty much made up for it with bad passing and free throw misses. I think Wades mailed it in and waiting for 2010.

What bothered me was when Michael got in his groove he got yanked again. I know his defense and rebounding can at times lack but he was starting to dominate. They couldn't stay in front of him and he was getting to the rack at will.

Udonis came in and had a good run with 6 points but he had no impact after that. Beasley really could've helped with Wade struggling.

yeh i was wondering that too, b-easy was doing good an got pulled, but what do ya know heat then lose lol.

yeh i was wondering that too, b-easy was doing good an got pulled, but what do ya know heat then lose lol.

That what happens when you have the worst coach in the league. He's killing Michael's confidence by taking him out late in games.

Sorry, I don't remember Beasley getting in any kind of groove. What sticks out in my mind is some boneheaded plays, like when he goal-tended a shot that didn't have a chance of going in, and when he had a basket interference on a shot that WAS going in. That's an easy 4 points right there. Those would have been nice at the end of the game. Plus those those 3 straight personal fouls in the fourth quarter doesn't leave much room for Spoelstra to want to keep him in.

With the Cavs' defense focused on Wade, Haslem played very well scoring 8 points in the fourth quarter. And, sure, he had no impact after that off balance lay up with barely a minute left to put the Heat up 1 - with the next possession equaling a foul against Wade (which resulted in 2 missed free throws) - next possession a turnover on Wade - and last possession a Wade missed basket.

So, yea, what a poor, poor decision by Spoelstra to put in veteran player like Haslem, who obviously played so poorly, instead of keeping in a guy who is foul-prone, isn't reliable in defensive rotation, and was making bad plays offensively despite making a few shots in the 3rd quarter.

Yep, Spoelstra lost the Heat the game, once again. Absolutely NOTHING to do with going 0-5 from the FT line in the last 5 minutes, or Wade scoring only two points in the second half, and especially not that behind-the-back pass to LBJ with 8 seconds left. Nope. It was ALL Spoelstra

• Owner

Sorry, I don't remember Beasley getting in any kind of groove. What sticks out in my mind is some boneheaded plays, like when he goal-tended a shot that didn't have a chance of going in, and when he had a basket interference on a shot that WAS going in. That's an easy 4 points right there. Those would have been nice at the end of the game. Plus those those 3 straight personal fouls in the fourth quarter doesn't leave much room for Spoelstra to want to keep him in.

Now wait a minute. What sticks out with Varejao was his boneheaded plays, like those three idiotic turnovers he had, one that Beasley actually caused.

If Varejao was the x-factor just because of his energy, I think you have to say the same for Beasley, who was really doing everything he could to crash the glass, throw down dunks to get the crowd going (including a massive dunk on an offensive board), and shooting 50% for 16 points, seven boards and just one turnover in under 30 minutes.

Statistically, he had a better game than Varejao.

Now wait a minute. What sticks out with Varejao was his boneheaded plays, like those three idiotic turnovers he had, one that Beasley actually caused.

If Varejao was the x-factor just because of his energy, I think you have to say the same for Beasley, who was really doing everything he could to crash the glass, throw down dunks to get the crowd going (including a massive dunk on an offensive board), and shooting 50% for 16 points, seven boards and just one turnover in under 30 minutes.

Statistically, he had a better game than Varejao.

Varejao and Beasley are two different players with two different roles playing for two different teams. No connection whatsoever.

If you want to argue my point on Varejao, then please explain why the team is +12 with him on the floor, which wasn't coincidental but a cause of his energy rubbing off on his teammates. That is his role on the court. His overall impact exceeded his few bad plays.

Beasley, on the other hand, was constantly up and down. A couple boneheaded plays, a couple made shots. Forces a turnover here, then commits a few fouls there. His role was to be a playmaker and be reliable defensively. He was not consistent with either.