Kevin Youkilis Charges The Mound

EastCoastNiner

I wish he would charge at Joba.

Youks [expletive]ass clearly can't fight for [expletive]. :lol:

Joba Chamberlain is a [expletive].

At least when other pitchers throw at batters they throw at their torso, not their head like Joba Chamberlain has done repeatedly.

The only player on the New York Yankees in the past few season that I think would give Kevin Youkilis a good fight would be Kyle Farnsworth, but I could care less about that.

The only player on the New York Yankees in the past few season that I think would give Kevin Youkilis a good fight would be Kyle Farnsworth, but I could care less about that.

lmao, after seeing this [expletive] im pretty sure Mo could take him :lol:

Intentional or not the Tigers had a right to respond. The Red Sox hit the Tigers first on both nights. The Tigers are just protecting their players.

It's ok ECN if David Wright got his [expletive] tossed and planted like that I would play it off like it didn't really happen too lol.

No, not at all, and I'm on another forum with an abundance of Boston Red Sox haters and New York Yankees fans, and they completely disagree with you.

At first, it may not have looked intentional, but I do think it was intentional after watching the replays and thinking about it.

Rick Porcello didn't do his job and hit Victor Martinez the inning before, so he hit Kevin Youkilis, and he was surprised that Kevin Youkilis charged the mound, which is why he had that reaction you moron.

Also, Kevin Youkilis didn't get rocked, he didn't even try and throw Rick Porcello down if you actually watch the replay where Rick Porcello was the one who tried to throw down Kevin Youkilis, and did, although that should be expected when you are 6'5.

Are you going to try and tell me that Joba Chamberlain doesn't try and throw at Kevin Youkilis? :lol: .

I could care less what people on another forum think.

I still don't think he did it intentionally and you just agreed with me on why he threw his hands up because he was surprised Youkilis was charging.

Youkilis threw his helmet at the guy and tried to tackle him only to get thrown because Porcello used his momentum against him.

Oh, gee, Kyle, ESPN says that the Boston Red Sox weren't intentionally throwing at Miguel Carbrera either game, but the Detroit Tigers were throwing at him both nights.

That must be the truth right? :lol: .

I don't see how it cares if the Sox were throwing at them or not. A Red Sox pitcher hit a Tigers player intentional or not, thus the Tigers have the right to hit a player of the same caliber on the other team. That's what happen. Youkilis then proceeded to act like a little child throw a tantrum and throw his helmet at porcello. Porcello then slammed youk to the ground like a [expletive] making him shut up.

Oh, gee, Kyle, ESPN says that the Boston Red Sox weren't intentionally throwing at Miguel Carbrera either game, but the Detroit Tigers were throwing at him both nights.

That must be the truth right? :lol: .

wtf I'm not even in this convo. But you're wrong, like all of the other one's I'm in.

• 1 year later...

Just reading through this thread.. wanted to note that Youk is an infamous diver and is in the top 10 in HBP on a yearly basis. Already at 11 this season, and we're just halfway through.

I'm not surprised at all you bumped this. How do you dive in baseball? That doesn't happen in baseball. I'm sorry Joba is a fat ass that can't control his anger and likes to throw at him. You can say I'm bringing up Joba for no reason, but he's thrown a Youkilis a ton, and you're just necroing this thread for little reason. I'm sure it may be because he was hit yesterday, but still, why the hell are you bumping this thread. Also, please post multiple videos of Youkilis diving as well.

How do you dive in baseball?

There are a couple ways. Sometimes in the field, if a ball is just far enough out of reach, one may leave their feet in an attempt to sprawl out and make a play. That would be one instance of diving.

Or, in the one I was speaking of, "diving over the plate", a batter puts most of his momentum towards the plate while gearing up for a swing, putting him closer to inside pitches and less able to get out of the way of a ball inside.

I'm glad, though, that you misinterpreted my comment. It wouldn't be ECN without a defensive, long-winded, overblown reaction to something with no ill intent whatsoever.

That doesn't happen in baseball.

lol

• Like 2

There are a couple ways. Sometimes in the field, if a ball is just far enough out of reach, one may leave their feet in an attempt to sprawl out and make a play. That would be one instance of diving.

Or, in the one I was speaking of, "diving over the plate", a batter puts most of his momentum towards the plate while gearing up for a swing, putting him closer to inside pitches and less able to get out of the way of a ball inside.

I'm glad, though, that you misinterpreted my comment. It wouldn't be ECN without a defensive, long-winded, overblown reaction to something with no ill intent whatsoever.

lol

You're using two completely different words, and saying they are the same. Leaning over the plate and "diving" (the way you were trying to use it) are not the same thing.show It's not my fault you used the incorrect word. Can you me multiple videos of him leaning over the plate trying to get hit.

You can say Ortiz is a juicer, Paps is a bitch, and Epstein is overrated, and I would not disagree, but, saying Kevin Youkilis leans in to pitches trying to get hit is not accurate. Yes, I know where he ranks on the lists yearly, but that doesn't have to do with him TRYING to get hit.

You're using two completely different words, and saying they are the same. Leaning over the plate and "diving" (the way you were trying to use it) are not the same thing.show It's not my fault you used the incorrect word. Can you me multiple videos of him leaning over the plate trying to get hit.

I apologize, I hadn't realized that you didn't play the game of baseball after the little league level. Diving over the plate is a term widely used and recognized, sorry that you haven't been around it. Incorrect term.. lol, how ignorant.

You can say Ortiz is a juicer, Paps is a bitch, and Epstein is overrated, and I would not disagree, but, saying Kevin Youkilis leans in to pitches trying to get hit is not accurate. Yes, I know where he ranks on the lists yearly, but that doesn't have to do with him TRYING to get hit.

I never said that he tries to get hit with pitches. He dives into the plate. So does Jeter, that's why he's been known to get hit frequently. Their momentum brings them toward the plate as they load and prepare to swing, and it makes it infinitely more difficult to get out of the way of an inside pitch. This is why he ranks in HBP every year. He dives into the plate when he swings. Didn't think it was difficult to realize, for someone who watches so many Sawx games.

Some Youkilis related "diving" (my fabricated term) quotes from around the web.. scrounged up in about 30 seconds:

It doesn't show respect when Youkilis gets hit. It shows he dives out over the plate. I fully expect him to get hit. I fully expect him to try to stare down whomever hits him. I also fully expect Youkilis to throw an absolute fit if things don't go his way.

Youkilis has always been a baby whenever the ball comes within three feet of him, despite the fact that he more protective gear than any of the troops in Fallujah, and dives into the plate on every damn pitch.

i say slight because looking at the ball location, and how youk dives into the ball, he would have no issue getting out of the way if he didn't dive in...

As MSF pointed out, Youkilis isn't short, but you bring up a good point about the pitch locations. They were very similar if not exact, the only difference is that ARod is a little taller and Youkilis dives into the plate more.

I love how Damon never sugar coats it,

"unfortunately he dives"

HBPs happen- especially on guys who dive into the plate when they swing.
Edited by IllWill21

Diving is still the wrong terminology no matter how you slice it. I get your point, but leaning in, or standing more over the plate (which is what I'm assuming you are saying) does not mean diving.

diving over the plate

When a batter tends to lean in toward the plate so that he can more easily hit a ball that's on the outside of the strike zone, he's said to be "diving over the plate" or "diving for the pitch." To protect the strike zone, a pitcher may respond to this by pitching the ball inside, perhaps with a "purpose pitch". "Now Glavine has an equalizer with his cutter. He can bore it into the hands of righthanders to keep them from diving over the plate with impunity at his sinker and changeup."[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_baseball_%28D%29#diving_over_the_plate

The quote at the end is by Tom Verducci. But I'm sure you know more about baseball than him, he clearly used the wrong term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_baseball_%28D%29#diving_over_the_plate

The quote at the end is by Tom Verducci. But I'm sure you know more about baseball than him, he clearly used the wrong term.

I'll concede because I never knew there was an actual definition for diving that involved the use of the hand. However, I still think it's a dumb word to describe someone leaning over the plate.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dive

Edited by EastCoastNiner