Kevin Youkilis Charges The Mound

EastCoastNiner

[expletive] the Detroit Tigers!!!

Stop [expletive]ing throwing balls at every [expletive]ing player!!!!!!

After Youk threw the helmet, I was hoping Porcello would wreck him. Oh well. Youkilis has a nice suspension and fine coming his way.

I'm not sure if the pitch was thrown at him intentionally, but there have been some hit batters this series along with other close calls.

The only thing I can say is that Rick Porcello looked very surprised, and that was probably because he didn't throw it at Kevin Youkilis intentionally, or he didn't think that Kevin Youkilis would charge the mound.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Kevin Youkilis gets thrown at and hit quite often.

I'm not sure if the pitch was thrown at him intentionally, but there have been some hit batters this series along with other close calls.

The only thing I can say is that Rick Porcello looked very surprised, and that was probably because he didn't throw it at Kevin Youkilis intentionally, or he didn't think that Kevin Youkilis would charge the mound.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Kevin Youkilis gets thrown at and hit quite often.

Even before Youkilis started to run towards the mound, Porcello threw his head back like "oh [expletive] I can't believe I lost the grip on that one". So that would suggest it was unintentional.

[expletive] the Detroit Tigers!!!

Stop [expletive]ing throwing balls at every [expletive]ing player!!!!!!

Yeah [expletive] the Tigers when the sox threw at Cabrera yesterday and then hit him again today. Its clear they are putting him on to avoid his bat in the lineup, so they just hit him. Its the stupid red sox fault for starting it and the Tigers retaliated nicely by hitting Youk. You cant expect to throw at a teams best player and not expect retatliation.

Yeah [expletive] the Tigers when the sox threw at Cabrera yesterday and then hit him again today. Its clear they are putting him on to avoid his bat in the lineup, so they just hit him. Its the stupid red sox fault for starting it and the Tigers retaliated nicely by hitting Youk. You cant expect to throw at a teams best player and not expect retatliation.

There was no way Tazawa was throwing at Cabrera.

Even if he wasnt you still have to expect retaliation. And I believe yesterday they were throwing at him.

No, you shouldn't. [expletive] happens, and not every pitcher is perfect. If someone like Tim Lincecum accidently brushes someone with a pitch, should he expect to have the mound charged with a bat? No.

No, you shouldn't. [expletive] happens, and not every pitcher is perfect. If someone like Tim Lincecum accidently brushes someone with a pitch, should he expect to have the mound charged with a bat? No.

If it happens TWICE to the SAME player, of course you expect retaliation. Its been going on for decades in baseball, Youkilis must know this by now. You hit the other teams best player twice, your best player is going to hit as well.

It goes both ways, and yesterday they were throwing at the Boston Red Sox players, and there is no way that Junichi Tazawa making his first start, while having two strikes on Miguel Cabrera is throwing at him, and Miguel Cabrera went into the pitch a little, even though that would be hard to avoid.

Dennis Eckersley was adamant that Rick Porcello wasn't throwing at Kevin Youkilis, but then the stats came out.

Rick Porcello has hit two batters this season I believe, and both times it was Kevin Youkilis, and he had thrown at Victor Martinez the inning before.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It goes both ways, and yesterday they were throwing at the Boston Red Sox players, and there is no way that Junichi Tazawa making his first start, while having two strikes on Miguel Cabrera is throwing at him, and Miguel Cabrera went into the pitch a little, even though that would be hard to avoid.

Dennis Eckersley was adamant that Rick Porcello wasn't throwing at Kevin Youkilis, but then the stats came out.

Rick Porcello has hit two batters this season I believe, and both times it was Kevin Youkilis, and he had thrown at Victor Martinez the inning before.

When Porcello brushed back Victor Martinez, that was clearly intentional. When Tazawa hit Cabrera and when Porcello hit Youkilis, I believe there was no intent with either.

When Porcello brushed back Victor Martinez, that was clearly intentional. When Tazawa hit Cabrera and when Porcello hit Youkilis, I believe there was no intent with either.

That may be correct, but when Kevin Youkilis gets thrown at a lot, then you can't expect that he is not going to be pissed, and he was hit last night as well.

Anybody else notice every year the Red Sox suck then get into some kind of crazy fight to get going again? Anyway, Youk' is a [expletive]. Dude wasn't even tryin' to hit him, he had already brushed back V-Mart and look pissed when he got the Youkilis in the back. Then, Youk' throws his helmet like a little girl and gets out wrestled by a 20 year old hes got 20 pounds on. Seriously tho', should be a nice long suspension for the Youkilis. Thanks for being a dumbass!

Anybody else notice every year the Red Sox suck then get into some kind of crazy fight to get going again? Anyway, Youk' is a [expletive]. Dude wasn't even tryin' to hit him, he had already brushed back V-Mart and look pissed when he got the Youkilis in the back. Then, Youk' throws his helmet like a little girl and gets out wrestled by a 20 year old hes got 20 pounds on. Seriously tho', should be a nice long suspension for the Youkilis. Thanks for being a dumbass!

Oh, ya, Kevin Youkilis had no reason to be mad even though he was hit the other night, and got hit again tonight.

Miguel Cabrera moved his hands towards the ball and got hit, and it was obviously not intentional as Junichi Tazawa was starting for his first time in the MLB, and already had 2 strikes on Miguel Cabrera.

Rick Porcello may not have thrown at Kevin Youkilis intentionally, but he may have been trying to show his teammates that he has their back, and wanted to demonstrate that to them as he is a young pitcher.

Also, if you hit someone, don't be a [expletive] and run away like he did, and then turn and fall down with Kevin Youkilis.