OTR fantasy hockey?

fly3rs18

Fantasy hockey is IMO the 2nd worst fantasy sport, but it's still something cool to do on the side I guess. There really is nothing tricky about it, no strategy. Just pick up the best available goalies and the guys who score the most points, lol, defensemen too

Fantasy hockey is IMO the 2nd worst fantasy sport, but it's still something cool to do on the side I guess. There really is nothing tricky about it, no strategy. Just pick up the best available goalies and the guys who score the most points, lol, defensemen too

is that why you came in 6th and i came in first in our league last year? no strategy?

Edited by fly3rs18

and it really isnt that much worse then other fantasy sports. football is way better then any other, but hockey is right on the level of baseball and basketball

pick up the best available goalies and the guys who score the most points

hows that different then any other sport? in fantasy baseball all you have to do is get a couple good pitchers and the guys who get the most hits and hrs. the only difference in baseball is that there are more specific positions

Well, unless you add in penalty minutes (which is stupid), there are not many things to consider when drafting a fantasy hockey team. Who puts the most points on the board? That is the only question that needs to be answered. In baseball, you need a decent combo of hitting for average, hitting for power, speed, etc. In basketball, you need guys who get a lot of rebounds, guys who shoot the 3 well, etc. In fantasy hockey it's basically all about scoring. +/- I guess adds a decent element to fantasy hockey, but that is such a team dependent stat so I don't even know if that belongs in the fantasy game. Like I said I am down for it, I just find it way more boring than the other games.

• 2 weeks later...