Nuggets' Smith to serve 30 days for fatal accident

Umm... have you seen the play? Similar scuffles happen in almost every NBA game.

My God get out of here with this "ALL NBA PLAYERS SHOULD BE PROFESSIONAL." It comes from where he grew up and his style of play. I bet you would shoot yourself from the "immaturity" in every pickup game.

This is just getting ridiculous. You obviously have a set conservative view on how basketball should be played with no exceptions while I don't care about trash talking, celebrating, etc.

:)

Oh so you don't think he has [expletive]ty character, yet he displays [expletive]ty character... makes perfect sense!

The thing is Mason the kid plays on emotion and always has. That type of characteristics has an up and down style, it can be good because of the high energy factor but also bad because of the uneeded attention and chances of reckless behaviour. That's the only real problem that JR has the problem is you try to contain it and you'll lose some of the uniqueness that he has, the arguement of throwing elbows isn't really a good one loads of players have thrown elbows intentional or not that comes with all sports.

lmao exactly man

Ok first off dude be fighting other players (nate?) .. Secondly by immature i mean to say he is more unprofessional to his career.. he doesn't play in a professional manner and presents himself as a immature player .. he has all the talent in the world that most guys die for.. he is throwing it away doing dumb crap ..

You say about how he's so immature not just in the past but he still is now yet all the examples you have used have been in the past.

Umm... have you seen the play? Similar scuffles happen in almost every NBA game.

My God get out of here with this "ALL NBA PLAYERS SHOULD BE PROFESSIONAL." It comes from where he grew up and his style of play. I bet you would shoot yourself from the "immaturity" in every pickup game.

I don't think you've seen it.

Wright tries to establish position, Smith doesn't like the contact and throws his elbow at Wright's face. I don't know whether the elbow connected, but the intent was obvious. You're right that scuffles always happen, but they're generally comprised of excessive talking in each other's faces and love-tapping. Blatant elbows to the face don't happen in almost every NBA game.

And contrary to popular belief, I do not shoot myself from immaturity in every pick-up game, I'm usually the immature one; however, I do shoot myself when someone continues to deny something he is so obviously wrong about, and resorts to leading the topic astray to restrain from admitting it. Like you.

This is just getting ridiculous. You obviously have a set conservative view on how basketball should be played with no exceptions while I don't care about trash talking, celebrating, etc.

I have nothing against celebrating or trash-talking. I have something against people denying that it's stupid and immature when the player constantly does it, and has been known as a stupid and immature player his whole career.

Oh so you don't think he has [expletive]ty character, yet he displays [expletive]ty character... makes perfect sense!

I display large amounts of [expletive]ry, but I do not have [expletive]ty character. Character expands beyond that. Semantics.

The thing is Mason the kid plays on emotion and always has. That type of characteristics has an up and down style, it can be good because of the high energy factor but also bad because of the uneeded attention and chances of reckless behaviour. That's the only real problem that JR has the problem is you try to contain it and you'll lose some of the uniqueness that he has, the arguement of throwing elbows isn't really a good one loads of players have thrown elbows intentional or not that comes with all sports.

I'm sure all his coaches and teammates would love for him to "lose his uniqueness" if it means he's not giving the other team free throws, or even worse, risking a suspension for himself.

Yeah, elbows are always thrown in sports, but not intentionally into people's faces... come on Jermaine.

You say about how he's so immature not just in the past but he still is now yet all the examples you have used have been in the past.

It's part of what contributes to the notion. He doesn't need to get in another dust-up to validate the opinion because it's palpable from everything else he does.

EDIT: Youtube code [expletive]ed up.

Edited by His Greatness

I don't think you've seen it.

Wright tries to establish position, Smith doesn't like the contact and throws his elbow at Wright's face. I don't know whether the elbow connected, but the intent was obvious. You're right that scuffles always happen, but they're generally comprised of excessive talking in each other's faces and love-tapping. Blatant elbows to the face don't happen in almost every NBA game.

And contrary to popular belief, I do not shoot myself from immaturity in every pick-up game, I'm usually the immature one; however, I do shoot myself when someone continues to deny something he is so obviously wrong about, and resorts to leading the topic astray to restrain from admitting it. Like you.

It was a clear shove he made. He might have been trying to establish position, but it wasn't a legal way.

:lol: Alright there buddy, I guess I am so wrong in saying that JR Smith has matured after this incident and that his on-court actions are just him having fun and not displaying "[expletive]ty character".

I have nothing against celebrating or trash-talking. I have something against people denying that it's stupid and immature when the player constantly does it, and has been known as a stupid and immature player his whole career.

So... 99% in the NBA is stupid and immature because they celebrate or trash talk... alright then.

I display large amounts of [expletive]ry, but I do not have [expletive]ty character. Character expands beyond that. Semantics.

I have 6 beers a day, but I'm not an alcoholic.

Edited by Camby23Land

It was a clear shove he made. He might have been trying to establish position, but it wasn't a legal way.

You don't throw your elbow at someone's face for tapping you. Bottom line.

:( Alright there buddy, I guess I am so wrong in saying that JR Smith has matured after this incident and that his on-court actions are just him having fun and not displaying "[expletive]ty character".

You are wrong in saying it, because, while he might not have murdered anyone in the past two years, he is still stupid and immature. I have a stack of evidence that validates that.

Being young and "having fun" is just another euphemism for stupid and immature.

So... 99% in the NBA is stupid and immature because they celebrate or trash talk... alright then.

Every player in the NBA celebrates and trash-talks, but they do it with respectful discretion. Cussing and yelling at another player within earshot of the official (who is, in fact, right next to him) is not respectful discretion.

Besides, this is not the only case for it.

I have 6 beers a day, but I'm not an alcoholic.

Okay.

I fight other players, I'm insubordinate, I'm openly brash, and I disrespect my opponent with complete disregard for the consequences, but I'm not stupid and immature. (Off-court incidents not included.)

Everything is getting rehashed now so it's probably my last post in this thread. If you don't get it now you never will.

Edited by His Greatness