What do Nugs need now?

We have our backup PG so we can either resign AC to assume the third string PG or just waive him as J.R. can run some PG too.

Karl already said J.R. will be our starter next year... Suppose we resign Bird, Jones and AC, what's really our next biggest need to beat the Lakers?

C - Nene

PF - Kenyon Martin

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - J.R. Smith

PG - Chauncey Billups

---

PF - Chris Andersen

SG - Dahntay Jones

SF - Linas Kleiza

PG - Ty Lawson

PG - Anthony Carter

SF - Renaldo Balkman

C - Johan Petro

C - Steven Hunter

I'd like to hear other members' inputs. I already have what I think is the problem... but I want to see if other members here can echo the same thing... to see if it's glaring or not.

Edited by Snake

low post scorer one with a back-to-basket game

That's what I was thinking. Nothing else really jumps out. Mostly just have to improve as a team with the players they have.

LOL I forgot Kleiza thanks :lol:

Noone really thinks our rebounding sucks? Our leading rebounder is Nene with 7.8 rpg. At times, he disappears completely... 4 rebs. He can be dominant for a stretch with 14 pts, 8 rebs in one quarter stretch, and then completely disappears the rest of the game.

We won't win a championship with a top rebounder of 7.8 rpg... we need a big man who will pull down double digit. Heck Troy Murphy pulls down 11+ rpg, Love the rookie pulled down 9+... we need someone who can consistently rebound and box out. As far as I know this team, when we have advantage in rebounding, we don't lose. Even before Billups came. There's no consistency or assurance we'll get the rebound every time someone shoots the ball... especially when playing against top teams like Lakers.

Well I'm glad noone really noticed this :) doesn't mean we don't have to fix it though... FO has to be naive if it thinks getting Lawson and their offseason work is done.

Yeah I was just going to say a good big man off the bench, Camby-esque with some scoring.

So, basically, an all-star big man coming off the bench? :rolleyes:

We definitely need another big man. I was thinking possibly we sign Charlie Villaneuva since the Bucks announced they wouldn't be. He can score, he has the height and length, yet is versatile. He could cover Odom if we are looking at a Lakers match-up. The only thing is, would he start or would KMart start and whoever started, would the other get mad that he isn't starting? Might be too big of a name to sign because of that.

Maybe I need to watch more CV games, but from what I've seen so far, he's the American dictionary for "Radmanovic". Soft... shot chucker... doesn't like to crash the boards, doesn't like to hustle... etc. It's good he's gone a season under Scott Skiles, so it should change some things from him, but I'm not sold on him.

Can he really block shots and rebound? Sounds better... if $1-3 mil, it's acceptable but above, it'd be overpaying considering we have to resign Birdman, and he'll command a lot imo

He averaged 7 RPG last year and .7 BPG, I don't think you can say he can't, but yes I agree with you that he is more of a pipe dream due to us having to resign Birdman and possibly Dahntay Jones/Anthony Carter (please tell me we don't resign AC).