Official NBA 2k10 Thread

Legacy

I hate how you get subbed out and then back in within like 20-30 seconds. Pretty retarded, might as well keep me in the game =/

I noticed you don't get subbed in quite as fast when you don't sim till sub. Notice how they keep taking you in and out of games in 4th quarters when your team is up 20+? If you don't press sim and wait it out, you'll stay on the bench until the time is out like in a real game. It's weird.

One thing I hope they change in the upcoming patch, along with fixing the bugs, is increasing the time in each quarter in NBA games where stats are more like in a real game (something closer to 12 minute quarters), and just play me 15-30mpg out of the full time. It would make the experience more enjoyable if it felt more like I was actually playing in a real game instead of subbing at unrealistic times with short quarter lengths. There should at least be a way to adjust it.

I noticed you don't get subbed in quite as fast when you don't sim till sub. Notice how they keep taking you in and out of games in 4th quarters when your team is up 20+? If you don't press sim and wait it out, you'll stay on the bench until the time is out like in a real game. It's weird.

One thing I hope they change in the upcoming patch, along with fixing the bugs, is increasing the time in each quarter in NBA games where stats are more like in a real game (something closer to 12 minute quarters), and just play me 15-30mpg out of the full time. It would make the experience more enjoyable if it felt more like I was actually playing in a real game instead of subbing at unrealistic times with short quarter lengths. There should at least be a way to adjust it.

yea same, i was wondering if they would add that. 12 minute quarters would be dope, and with the more realistic minutes, the sim till subbed in feature works even better. Of course, the difficulty level would have to be increased ALOT as im seeing people posting stats of them averaging like 30+ PPG. They prob have low Teammate grades as you'd have to basically shoot most of the time you get the ball. Not saying it isnt possible, but its over the top lol. I also hate that when ur down 3 with 5 seconds left in the game and launch a 3 to try and tie and its called a bad shot -_-

yea same, i was wondering if they would add that. 12 minute quarters would be dope, and with the more realistic minutes, the sim till subbed in feature works even better. Of course, the difficulty level would have to be increased ALOT as im seeing people posting stats of them averaging like 30+ PPG. They prob have low Teammate grades as you'd have to basically shoot most of the time you get the ball. Not saying it isnt possible, but its over the top lol. I also hate that when ur down 3 with 5 seconds left in the game and launch a 3 to try and tie and its called a bad shot -_-

Personally, I play for the win. I noticed that when I shoot too much (like more than ten shots), and if I'm not hitting a high percentage, my team winds up losing. But, yea, the difficulty is clearly not HoF. More like Pro. Again, it really should be adjustable. Also, I think the range of the skill points you can earn should also depend on the difficulty you set and how many minutes are in the quarters, just so people wouldn't be able to do 1 minute quarters in rookie mode and still get 1000+ sp and get their skill rating up super fast.

about 11th game in getting around 30mins (12ish mins) a game with hornets. sf, athletic 10/4/3/3steals/1block and getting A+

anyone know how many games it takes until u can start or is it how good ur player rating is?

My team had both T-Mac and Wade on the team (computer traded JO for T-Mac). I had to have the same rating as T-Mac (78) to finally be able to start games (Wade was the PG, he moved to SG, T-Mac moved to SF, and Beas moved to the Bench). It seems like for most cases, if you are a PG, your going to have to just be a higher rating than one of the guard positions in order to start. Raise your awareness ratings if you want to start faster.

Personally, I play for the win. I noticed that when I shoot too much (like more than ten shots), and if I'm not hitting a high percentage, my team winds up losing. But, yea, the difficulty is clearly not HoF. More like Pro. Again, it really should be adjustable. Also, I think the range of the skill points you can earn should also depend on the difficulty you set and how many minutes are in the quarters, just so people wouldn't be able to do 1 minute quarters in rookie mode and still get 1000+ sp and get their skill rating up super fast.

Same, i get like 17 MPG for D-League and average 6/3/6 on 44% shooting. But assists dont get me good grades anymore even though i turn it over 0.8 times a game. Bad shots(even though they're lay ups -_-) and apparently bad positioning(going for the offensive rebound)lower my grade so im stuck with B's and B+'s at the end of the game. It's a shame :/

BTW, what are your awareness ratings for offense/defense? Im still at a 54 rating, does your rating improve that much for awareness improvements? I try to balance it, any suggestions on what ratings i should improve to make my 5'11, 190 PG better ratings wise?

Edited by Celtics3420

Same, i get like 17 MPG for D-League and average 6/3/6 on 44% shooting. But assists dont get me good grades anymore even though i turn it over 0.8 times a game. Bad shots(even though they're lay ups -_-) and apparently bad positioning(going for the offensive rebound)lower my grade so im stuck with B's and B+'s at the end of the game. It's a shame :/

BTW, what are your awareness ratings for offense/defense? Im still at a 54 rating, does your rating improve that much for awareness improvements? I try to balance it, any suggestions on what ratings i should improve to make my 5'11, 190 PG better ratings wise?

Raising your awareness is the best thing for your grade by far, but not necessarily for your production, since you are in control after all. From what I can tell, raising 10 points of awareness would probably raise your overall by about 2 or 3. For better play on court, you might want to focus on other things, though.

I'd say the six most important attributes for a PG in this game to be the most productive for your grade is (in no real order): Passing, Stealing, Layups, Mid Range J, Shot off Dribble, and Shot in Traffic. The seventh most would probably be ball handling, since it's important to protect the ball and a high enough rating makes it easy to create your own shot.

- A good pass rating will make you less turnover prone in making tough passes, which makes it easier to throw alleys. All alley oops are highlight plays, and highlight plays both increases your grade and gives you extra skill points.

- A good steal grade and going after steals frequently will help your grade in the long run, even if it hurts your grade slightly for "bad steal attempt". It raises it that much more to get a steal to a fast-break basket, since it is also a highlight play. If you get a steal, dribble down the court, and execute an alley oop. It does wonders for your grade since that is two highlight plays in one plus a steal, assist, fastbreak point, steal to score highlight, and alley-oop highlight.

- A good layup grade gives you a higher chance of making lay ups (of course) and a good mid range J gives you more range and makes you a threat in more areas of the court which expands your game. Having those two alone isn't enough, though. You need a good shot in traffic and off the dribble ratings as well (even though the insider doesn't advise it). A good shot in traffic will make you less prone to getting a negative hit on your grade on contested lay ups, plus that and shot off dribble ratings will give your shots a lot higher chance of a make and getting a good grade for taking the shot.

If you get your assist rating to 80, mid range to 85, lay ups to 70, and SIT and SOD to 70 each, that's all you'll need to raise that B+ limit to easier A+s.

Also, for your grade outside of skill points, Steals and Assists should be your living. All I have for suggestion to getting steals is just always being in position to get one and press X or Y whenever the ball is thrown in your direction, and double team big men while tapping x to reach for the ball (don't leave your man open, though. Letting your man score cuts deeper into your grade than anything else). As for assists, there are a number of things: pick n rolls/pops to get your bigmen open, alley oop whenever possible, be patient on offense and allow off ball screens to be set for shooters, and one more thing is to dribble the ball towards your wing players - when you and a wing player is standing in the same spot, the wing will move out of the way either by cutting towards the basket or towards the middle of the floor. Also, use icon passing and your left stick to help bring players to better positioning, this helps get a positive "good pass" to your grade and can increase your teammates' chances of scoring.

Oh, and since you asked, my offensive awareness is an 80 and defensive is a 90. I'm a good deal into the season by now, though, so that's why my overall rating is so high (78).

Edit: Damnit.. I'm getting this habit of writing too much. I get in a flow and wind up making tldr posts. Is that a bad thing? :P

Edited by Poe

Does anyone here think the press book feature in the post-game wrap up is really neat?

I only freaky thing is that some of the players' eyes move when you switch photos. They look realistic like something outta nba.com or espn.

91 under basket

83 shoot close

97 mid

31 three (who needs)

93 layup

71 dunk

65 offensive board

question poe. when i post up mid and do a turnaround jumper i tend to miss more than if i catch and shoot or take a few jap steps or a pull up. is there a skill that increases my turnaround%

question poe. when i post up mid and do a turnaround jumper i tend to miss more than if i catch and shoot or take a few jap steps or a pull up. is there a skill that increases my turnaround%

My guess is a higher shot in traffic should help, and maybe a better strength rating or low post rating (which wouldn't make sense since it's more of a high post, although a better post rating gives you more/better moves to choose from). It could also be how your posting up. I haven't taken the time to really learn too much about posting up, though. I noticed in drill mode that shimmies and pump fakes can change how the opponent defends, and then you figure out which way to do the turn-around depending on where there is more space.

91 under basket

83 shoot close

97 mid

31 three (who needs)

93 layup

71 dunk

65 offensive board

Off topic, i have a question for you, how did you get that gif onto your siggy? :)

^^ i cant remember the program but i can tell u how. i made them ages ago.

i converted the video into a gif.

then once in a gif i had a program that converted the gif into picture every frame second was a picture (if that makes sense) so if u had a 10 second gif that would convert into 10 picture etc.. etc..

then it was a matter of opening all the picutres into PS in one file (paper idk wat u call them)

and then making the sig around them

if it help i found the tut in wikihow, good luck findind it iv spent hours looking

91 under basket

83 shoot close

97 mid

31 three (who needs)

93 layup

71 dunk

65 offensive board

Wow, what's your overall rating?

• Owner

Any other two-guards on OTR that have been destroyed by Kobe yet? I was assigned to him for almost the entire game, and all he did was post up on me, pass out of the double, get the ball back and crush me.

Even worse, I ended up with a D+ because he was all over me back down the court. I couldn't break free from him for the life of me.

Nope, but I get crapped on by other SF. I really want to play at my true position as a PG but I got owned every game and my rating sucked. Now I'm averaging about A- and B+ every game in the NBA but in the last three games I've gotten C's cause I had to mark Andre Iguodala, Rashard Lewis and Paul Pierce.

I've entered my VIP Online Lobby code, watched the 2K Series history video (funny how Iverson was on the cover of the first 5 games), and tried an exhibition game. The only things I haven't done are open the Bryant figurine and poster.

I'm finishing up my Draft Combine, and then I'll start the game.

Hey everyone. Cool site I stumbled upon. Got some questions regarding my player mode. My PG is all around, what attributes do you think I should focus improving. Should continue honing skills I'm relatively good at already? Also, has anyone had troubles doing online scrimmages (PSN network).