Chase Budinger is the steal of this draft.

[quote name='NeTs15VC' date='06 October 2009 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1254892205' post='53052']
Wouldnt say hes the steal of the entire draft, but I cant believe he dropped in the 2nd round and even that deep in the 2nd round. Great move by the Rockets to trade for him for sure
[/quote]

I think him and blair are the competitors for 2nd round steal, but the thread title is just for attention. Edited by YugoRocketsFan

He got a great shooting stroke, I like he can catch and shoot like that. If it keeps falling for him, that's a weapon they'll use a lot since they don't have a lot of offense.

He hasn't really used his athleticism, he should really balance his shooting with penetration to expand his game... instead of falling in love with jumpers. But good start for him...

Damn, that dude's a shooter. I like how well he moves without the ball, and he has such a quick release from the catch. If he keeps this up, gets the minutes, and starts adding more weapons to his game he'll have a good successful career.

All he does is catch and shoot. It's a curly Sasha.

The difference is that Sasha camps and shoots, this guy is actually doing a great job coming off screens to get open for his shots. I don't have too high of expectations for him, yet, but it'll be interesting to see if he can actually pull off performances like this consistently in the regular season. If so, he definitely will be a steal.

The way he cuts and is constantly moving reminds me a bit of Rip. His touch is just tremendous, swishing all his shots.

I'm not sure if he'll start but he can definitely provide an offensive punch off the bench, maybe more than Wafer did.

All he does is catch and shoot. It's a curly Sasha.

Yes but Budinger comes off screens, sets picks, gets wide open with no problem, he knows where all the open spots are and is a good passer and is actually pretty athletic. This guy easily has a better ceiling than Vujastick.

Yes, he's coming off screens, but he's also getting pretty bad defense. Some cases it's just exagerated, look at the third play, the defender isn't just not chasing Chase (:rolleyes:) but he's also going AROUND the screen when it wasnt even needed.

I do agree on his good positioning, and maybe my comment was kinda dumb because I just flopped it out, but it's just as dumb as saying you'd take a rookie who has played 2 PREseason games, and only one of them was actually good, over a player who was actually abov average in his prime. Sasha was a pretty good scorer off the bench, and his defense was pretty annoying for his defender. Maybe he was inconsistent, but not more inconsistent than playing 0 NBA games ever.

Yes, he's coming off screens, but he's also getting pretty bad defense. Some cases it's just exagerated, look at the third play, the defender isn't just not chasing Chase (:rolleyes:) but he's also going AROUND the screen when it wasnt even needed.

I do agree on his good positioning, and maybe my comment was kinda dumb because I just flopped it out, but it's just as dumb as saying you'd take a rookie who has played 2 PREseason games, and only one of them was actually good, over a player who was actually abov average in his prime. Sasha was a pretty good scorer off the bench, and his defense was pretty annoying for his defender. Maybe he was inconsistent, but not more inconsistent than playing 0 NBA games ever.

No homo.