NLCS Discussion: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Dodgers in 5....their pitching especially the bullpen and their consistent contribution by the hitters gets them past the Phillies this time around.

Lol how is their pitching better this time around? Not trying to sound like a biased Phillies fan, but the Dodgers pitching was way better last year. Bullpen is still dynamite though.

I would think the Dogs can get revenge and even the score from last year. I just dont see how. Can Wolf/Kershaw/Padilla get job done again? Who is their 4th starter anyways? Billingsley has fallen off the planet it seems. I saw Padilla a lot in the AL West, he got rocked especially every time he played the Angels. I dont know how the Dodgers pitching is going to pitch to that Phillies lineup.

Still, you never know. The Dodgers big strength is their bullpen. If they can keep it close for the first 7 innings, they have a big advantage against the Phillies. That was their recipe of success against the Cardinals two aces.

I would think the Dogs can get revenge and even the score from last year. I just dont see how. Can Wolf/Kershaw/Padilla get job done again? Who is their 4th starter anyways? Billingsley has fallen off the planet it seems. I saw Padilla a lot in the AL West, he got rocked especially every time he played the Angels. I dont know how the Dodgers pitching is going to pitch to that Phillies lineup.

Still, you never know. The Dodgers big strength is their bullpen. If they can keep it close for the first 7 innings, they have a big advantage against the Phillies. That was their recipe of success against the Cardinals two aces.

Yeah baseball is so unpredictable. On paper the Dodgers rotation is weaker than it was last year, but impossible to predict how things will go.

Looks like it will be Cole Hamels vs. Randy Wolf in game 1. Former Phillies "can't miss lefty" versus the current. Should be interesting. As for game 2, I'd assume Kershaw will pitch for the Dodgers, and it's probably between Pedro Martinez and Joe Blanton for the Phillies. With the uncertainty of Eyre's health I would assume that Happ goes to the pen for this series.

Ratings would be awesome if you have the Dodgers against Angels/Yankees.

and ratings wouldnt be awesome if it was phillies vs either of those teams? the dodgers arent going to get any more popularity then the phillies would. phillies probably more because they are defending champs

no one on the east coast would care about a dodgers angels series. just as no one on the west coast would probably care about a phillies yankees series.

and ratings wouldnt be awesome if it was phillies vs either of those teams? the dodgers arent going to get any more popularity then the phillies would. phillies probably more because they are defending champs

no one on the east coast would care about a dodgers angels series. just as no one on the west coast would probably care about a phillies yankees series.

The national media still has a boner over the Dodgers. And the Phillies/Rays World Series last year had the worst ratings of all time I believe. So it's no wonder why Fox is pulling for either the Yankees to make it, or for a Dodgers/Angels series (which would be absolutely huge out west).

The national media still has a boner over the Dodgers. And the Phillies/Rays World Series last year had the worst ratings of all time I believe. So it's no wonder why Fox is pulling for either the Yankees to make it, or for a Dodgers/Angels series (which would be absolutely huge out west).

yeah, it had terrible ratings because no one cares about the rays. a yankees philllies series would get a ton of attention on the east coast, just as a dodgers angels series would out west

• Like 1

yeah, it had terrible ratings because no one cares about the rays. a yankees philllies series would get a ton of attention on the east coast, just as a dodgers angels series would out west

And nobody really cares about the Phillies outside of the Philadelphia area haha. Obviously the Yankees will get huge ratings no matter who they are playing. The Dodgers have way more of a national fanbase than the Phillies. Hell, they still have old Brooklyn Dodgers fans.

Edited by Phightins09

whatever. there could be nothing better then the phillies beating the yankees in the world series. would finally be able to shut up all those fake yankees fans (not saying all yankees fans are fake, but there are a ton who barely follow baseball but like the yankees because they are good.)

Pitching matchups:

Game 1: Cole Hamels @ Clayton Kershaw

Game 2: Pedro Martinez @ Vicente Padilla

Game 3: Hiroki Kuroda @ Cliff Lee

Game 4: Randy Wolf @ Joe Blanton/JA Happ

Game 5: Clayton Kershaw @ Cole Hamels

Game 6: Pedro Martinez @ Vicente Padilla

Game 7: Cliff Lee @ Hiroki Kuroda

Also, Phillies with a couple roster moves for this round. Brett Myers and Kyle Kendrick are off the roster, and Chan Ho Park and Eric Bruntlett are on. Glad to see Park is back, also glad that Bruntlett is on the bench. They really don't need 12 pitchers, especially since one of Blanton/Happ will be in the pen, and Bruntlett adds a speed element that could come in handy.

i love being the lower seed team, i think it helps. all phillies need to do it win one of the first 2 games, then they have the series at 1-1 coming home for 3 games. the only downside is game 7 being away.

even worst case scenario if the lose games 1 and 2 in LA, they still come home for 3 games where they should be able to make a comeback in the series

if cole hamels can pitch even close to the cole hamels of the 2008 postseason, then i really cant see this being a tough series. we just need the pitchers to get a decent, long outing