Channing Frye

Sun Tzu

It never ceases to amaze me how dozens of player can be solid role players, get shipped to Phoenix, and suddenly play great. Then people are amazed.

Steve Nash has pulled career seasons out of Quentin Richardson, Shawn Marion, Amare Soudemire, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, Tim Thomas, Jumaine Jones, and Louis Amundson. Then Channing Frye gets the same boost, and the world is amazed.

I knew Frye had range and could hit the three ball. I watched him play almost every game he was a Blazer. He just never got the playing time he wanted because we have LaMarcus. And I'm pretty sure everyone here would start LaMarcus over Frye, lol.

I'm not surprised with how well he's playing. He's got the potential, just never got the time to show what he can do on the offensive end. Now defense...that's a different story, hah hah.

Well he really hasn't done much despite camping the 3 point line. He isn't playing defense or doing anything other than hitting pretty open shots.

Not like anyone was expecting more out of him, I guess.

I didn't think he had the range from deep to hit more than one or two a game though. He's in the perfect system to showcase his best skill, and his worst attributes (no rebounding, defense, or interior toughness) are redundant with his teammates so they don't matter as much. If you don't care about defense, being a bad defensive player isn't the worst thing in the world.