Sixers trading Miller to Blazers

This works for me. I really think Andre Miller(as much as I love him) needs to go sooner rather than later. Getting a competent point guard that can shoot the three in Steve Blake works for me and he will be less salary. If we also got Outlaw in this trade that would be amazing, but I wouldn't count on that part of the deal coming true haha. Actually Outlaw is the only other piece on the teamm that combined with Blake to equal Dre Miller's salary. I think Portland has CAP room though, but we'll see.

On Wednesday, New York Daily News reported that Andre Miller could be sent to Portland in a sign-and-trade in exchange for Steve Blake and possibly others.

But when contacted, Blake’s agent Joel Bell denied the rumors. “The rumor is false,” Bell told RealGM’s Alex Kennedy. “There’s no trade.”

The article, which stated that Miller was “probably off to Portland in sign-and-trade with Philly, with Steve Blake heading to the Sixers” was written by Mitch Lawrence.

While Blake’s agent didn’t deny that the Sixers have contacted and shown interest in his client, Bell was adamant that the trade rumor was false.

The rumor gained legs because of Blake’s history with Eddie Jordan, Philadelphia’s newly hired head coach. The two worked together in Washington and while Blake was never a consistent starter for the Wizards, he played significant minutes off of the bench.

Last season, Blake averaged 11.0 points and 5.0 rebounds per game for the Trailblazers.

I'll have a link soon.

Well of course the agent is going to deny the rumors. How many times do you see guys say they arn't shopping ____ player and then a week later that player is traded.

Btw how did you talk to Steve Blake's agent lol that's pretty neat

Swish in your article wouldn't it be important to label their assist per game statistic as well? You said Blake averaged 11.0 points and 5.0 rebounds... but no assists lol and both Miller and Blake are point guards.

This is a fairly even trade. Miller can get to the rim pretty well, while Blake can't. Blake can shoot 3s very well, while Miller couldn't hit one to save his life.

Not sure how I feel about the trade if it were to happen. I love Steve Blake, he's an underrated point guard in the league. Though I do like Andre Miller, he'd be the true veteran that would help us more. If we lost Outlaw...I'd be sad as I love the guy, but then Rudy can stop [expletive]ing as he'd get more playing time.

Don't ever take anything Mitch Lawrence writes at face value. The guy is the biggest tool and the dullest basketball writer in the country, and he believes the first rumor he hears.

Is he a good guy in person