Sixers Can't Find Taker For Dalembert

Philadelphia general manager Ed Stefanski has worked hard to find a suitor for Samuel Dalembert, but hasn't had any luck.

A source told the Philadelphia Daily News that, "Stefanski has, over time, gone 0-for-29 around the league."

Dalembert is owed more than $25 million over the next two seasons.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62639/20091108/sixers_cant_find_taker_for_dalembert/

Does this really surprise anybody? I mean I don't really think that too many teams around the league would be willing to take on a player like Dalembert for the money that he is owed, especially with concerns about a falling salary cap.

Just to create some discussion though, what teams do you see having some interest in Dalembert and what do you think would be a fair deal?

• Owner

I don't even think the falling cap is the biggest issue. Dalembert is just someone you don't want to take on unless you're in desperate need of a center. For the defense he sometimes plays, his offense is just ugly, and you can't expect the guy to learn anything more than he already knows in the first place, so you rule out complicated offenses such as the triangle.

If he was a minimum, it would be different. You can waive minimums without suffering the consequences of an ugly buyout. Dalembert not only makes too much money being a limited defensive-minded player, but he's also tough to coach, and that kind of problem spreads like wildfire during practices.

I won't name too many teams, because I don't think many would want him...but someone like the Warriors could test him out, maybe the Knicks bringing him off the bench...but with New York, they won't because they are too intrigued by the FA class coming up, and the Warriors really don't have anything to offer outside of Stephen Jackson, who would absolutely love to play in the Princeton offense in Philly, but I doubt he is willing to come off the bench, and the Sixers would have to deal someone else to catch the Warriors' eye to begin with.

No teams are going to be interested in him. His salary is one of the worst in the league and he also has some extra money thing that makes him almost impossible to trade. Sad thing is, we need him here in Philadelphia because even though he sucks and his offense is terrible our defense is drastically better with him on the floor.