NJ Nets Draft Center

Universe

In all honesty i think what happens is we land the 1st pick in the draft and with that in mind we trade Harris for a SF, when 2010 FA comes around we have John Wall, a new star SF, Brook Lopez and a large amount of money to give to someone like Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade.

I'd trade Devin Harris for another top 5 pick if you could. Then you can land Wall another big time rookie swingman and then go after Bron.

Thats also a very good idea. Devin is coming of a hot season and is considered a top 5 point guard to most.

We need to trade him asap lol.

John Wall 2010

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, why is it basically a guarantee that John Wall would be going first over Evan Turner? I haven't watched a whole lot of college ball, but I haven't observed anything that creates a significant barrier between the two players.

• 2 weeks later...
Turner told his Buckeyes school paper, The Lantern, he would have no problem being drafted by the Nets, headed toward 70 losses.

"I don't plan on losing, but if it happens I always say you have to pay your dues," Turner said. "The most important part is learning from your losses. You have to have confidence and be committed to the mission."

Fred Kerber

Edited by Waldo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He seems a lot more heavy now than that video. I highly doubt he can do the between the legs anymore IMO.

No way you can just lose that. The guy is an athletic freak.

Favors and Cousins are two different PF's. One's a paint type player, real aggressive and one's more athletic and versatile.

Cousins - Kendrick Perkins type body with Al Jefferson skills

Favors - A mix of Pau Gasol (offesively) and Al Horford (defensively) best case scenario

yaaaaaaa

Favors is definitely the go. His dunks remind me of Dwight Howard's... don't mean he'll be Dwight Howard, but he has inside game that can be dominant. He can also shoot a bit from mid range, he can be a Amare Stoudemire that dunks like DH12.

Cousins... I'm not sure. He's talented offensively but it looks like he can use 1 more year in college. I don't think he does the basic stuff like boxing out, positioning, etc. He's talented but his game is not mature yet. He does not exactly look like the hard working/ good student of the game type. His "casualness" reminds me of Michael Beasley... I remember when I said Derrick Rose was clearly the better prospect than Beasley but people were saying what's wrong with being casual? Casualness/ complacency can be related to laziness... it's everything that prevents a player's growth. Besides, I don't see his game being anything special than good.

Getting the 3rd pick may be the best thing to happen to Nets... they're getting a better player than Evan Turner in Favors. I see Turner being a 20ppg player, but Favors could be even better.

lmao Favors better then Turner.

Turner on skill alone is the 1st pick truly in this draft. The fact that John Wall has hype and is a NBA PG means he grabs that 1st pick spot from Turner. If we landed the 1st pick i would select Evan Turner and we should try to either trade up to get him or work something out for him.

When do you have a guy coming in that can come in and lead a team, i don't mean no OJ Mayo business either. Evan Turner is a 20ppg scorer who is already a leader, that is the rarity in his game, that makes him the 1st pick in my opinion.

You heard it first from me then. I also predicted Russell Westbrook would go 4th when most sites had him 9th best (at the time)... that's also before OTR had him 4th on its Mock Draft.

I predicted Durant would lead the L in scoring this year way before this season started. I predicted Gallinari would be a complete player, not a bust.

If there's a single play that could put this year's draftee's stock down so much, it was the play when Turner had his last shot of his college career blocked (potential tying three pointer) and Ohio State lost the game. I'm not basing his talents on that one play, but it says just like the player he's compared to, Brandon Roy, he is a 20 ppg scorer with an above average athleticism (in other words nothing special) that could limit him in some areas. He is a great player who can control the game pace to his liking and he can read defense very well... but it doesn't justify him being a "clear cut" player over Wall who can be one of the great PGs, or Favors who can be a dominant PF in your opinion.

I think Turner is the more ready guy, but Favors' ceiling is higher.