NJ Nets Draft Center

Universe

lmao Favors better then Turner.

Turner on skill alone is the 1st pick truly in this draft. The fact that John Wall has hype and is a NBA PG means he grabs that 1st pick spot from Turner. If we landed the 1st pick i would select Evan Turner and we should try to either trade up to get him or work something out for him.

When do you have a guy coming in that can come in and lead a team, i don't mean no OJ Mayo business either. Evan Turner is a 20ppg scorer who is already a leader, that is the rarity in his game, that makes him the 1st pick in my opinion.

Dude do they even show college basketball in Australia

You heard it first from me then. I also predicted Russell Westbrook would go 4th when most sites had him 9th best (at the time)... that's also before OTR had him 4th on its Mock Draft.

I predicted Durant would lead the L in scoring this year way before this season started. I predicted Gallinari would be a complete player, not a bust.

If there's a single play that could put this year's draftee's stock down so much, it was the play when Turner had his last shot of his college career blocked (potential tying three pointer) and Ohio State lost the game. I'm not basing his talents on that one play, but it says just like the player he's compared to, Brandon Roy, he is a 20 ppg scorer with an above average athleticism (in other words nothing special) that could limit him in some areas. He is a great player who can control the game pace to his liking and he can read defense very well... but it doesn't justify him being a "clear cut" player over Wall who can be one of the great PGs, or Favors who can be a dominant PF in your opinion.

I think Turner is the more ready guy, but Favors' ceiling is higher.

I completely agree with this. Say Turner falls to the Nets somehow (even though that's basically impossible), if Favors is still available I'd still take him. Or maybe trade down for someone taking Turner, but still.

Well its disrespectful to confront me about what i know. We get a ton of college games here and i have the internet also, that is what i am talking to you over on this board lol. Sorry for coming at you like that bro, hate it when people see my residence and assume i know nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Four of the five are top 15 picks, the other, maybe 1st, likely second. Lance Stephenson did not have the season he wanted to Cincinnati but he has NBA talent. I wonder if a team late in the 1st will take a flyer on him.

Four of the five are top 15 picks, the other, maybe 1st, likely second. Lance Stephenson did not have the season he wanted to Cincinnati but he has NBA talent. I wonder if a team late in the 1st will take a flyer on him.

Interesting battle between Favors and Cousins today. Cousins was the underdog, and he reportedly helped himself, while Favors didn't hurt himself. Cousins lost weight.Today, even though he struggled with shooting the first time, he was knocking down shots and displayed impressive range on his second try.

We're basically down to Favors, Cousins, and Johnson for the third pick.

Guest STL10

Interesting battle between Favors and Cousins today. Cousins was the underdog, and he reportedly helped himself, while Favors didn't hurt himself. Cousins lost weight.Today, even though he struggled with shooting the first time, he was knocking down shots and displayed impressive range on his second try.

We're basically down to Favors, Cousins, and Johnson for the third pick.

They will draft Favors. Avery Johnson favors highly athletic big men. (No pun intended I swear)

I was watching the Kings workout I believe and they were both hitting shots from just inside the three point line. I'm honestly fine with either cause I think Cousins would be great for the secondary and Favors can be that small upside with the starters.

Cousins says he feels more comfortable as a center, and writers say he's a 5 as well. If we draft him, we're probably developing his ability to play power forward. Otherwise, drafting him may turn out to be a waste with Brook being the base of the roster. We're willing to give Yi another shot, and who knows how long Cousins' adjustment could take. Yi could range from having another rough season to being a major contributor, and Cousins could range from struggling to develop at a different position to having no troubles at all. The question is, how strong are we at the 4 with Cousins and Yi, and is it worth negotiating with PF's in the free agent market?

Cousins says he feels more comfortable as a center, and writers say he's a 5 as well. If we draft him, we're probably developing his ability to play power forward. Otherwise, drafting him may turn out to be a waste with Brook being the base of the roster. We're willing to give Yi another shot, and who knows how long Cousins' adjustment could take. Yi could range from having another rough season to being a major contributor, and Cousins could range from struggling to develop at a different position to having no troubles at all. The question is, how strong are we at the 4 with Cousins and Yi, and is it worth negotiating with PF's in the free agent market?

I think it would be more like Amare, Dirk or Bosh starting beside Lopez while Yi and Cousins were on for the secondary which is a good combo but worth wasting a third pick on? I dunno.

I think it would be more like Amare, Dirk or Bosh starting beside Lopez while Yi and Cousins were on for the secondary which is a good combo but worth wasting a third pick on? I dunno.

That's the thing. If we draft a 4, we may be better off filling our cap space with a SF contract.

CDR seems excited about something that he can't state until Friday. My bet is he is traded cause he hates us, haha.

There is talk about him being traded to Milwuakee for a 2nd round pick. Maybe that is why he is excited?

Finally, it looks like the Bucks aren't done dealing. This afternoon they traded Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell to the Warriors for Corey Maggette. Now sources say that the Bucks and Nets are in serious negotiations on a deal that would send Chris Douglas-Roberts to the Bucks for a second round pick. With the addition of Maggette and Douglas-Roberts, you have to wonder if the Bucks may look at something other than a wing with the No. 15 pick in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16937/late-night-draft-buzz