Rafer wants to get even

bigdog17k

http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Rafer-Alston.jpg

Rafer wants to get even

Rafer Alston is coming back to Orlando this week hoping to make the Magic pay for trading him.

Alston was the Magic's starting point guard through the second half of last season when they went to the NBA Finals. He was traded to New Jersey this summer -- as part of the deal to get Vince Carter -- to make sure there would be no point guard controversy with Jameer Nelson returning.

He was not happy when the Magic traded him, sending him out because the Nets wanted him in the last year of his contract. He has gone from one of the best teams in the league to one of the worst.

When the Nets play in Orlando Friday, he will be in the starting lineup, matched against Jameer Nelson, whose job he held in the second half of last season. Alston is starting for New Jersey only because Devin Harris is hurt. He is expected to be more than a little energized in his first return to Orlando.

Full Article

I want Alston to go off for a career high in points, and I want Lee to shut down Vince to a near scoreless game, and I want Lopez to join in on the fun and have monster numbers on Howard, just for the hell of it.

Alright, Alston shoots 35%, Lopez goes 1-12 with only 5 boards and nearly fouls out of the game, and Lee doesn't even play. Man, I'm good.

Rafer did horrible. 7-20. I don't think he's going to get even with the Magic as long as he's on the Nets.

You can't just look at what's on paper. The Nets had no chance in the paint, and eventually, pretty much the whole team had to rely on high-percentage shots. Alston helped in ball movement, and naturally when he's one of better shooters for the Nets in the game, he's going to take more shots and hope that they go down. I wouldn't say a triple-double with your best player out is horrible.