Recent Activity

Real Deal

• Owner

Just thought you guys would be interested in our recent activity. Post count is reaching for the 400's again, but better yet, our actual posts are of really good quality, and that's even more important. Very impressed with what we are doing right now, especially tonight.

Great, great, great job guys. Our most productive day since 11/16. :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/166j0ap.jpg

• Owner

I plan on adding something cool for us in the next few days, finishing all of the promo sigs I've been working on, and getting to those player databases.

Some of my recent decisions...I wish I would've made a long time ago, so I'm sorry for that. Probably best to have made them before the season started, but we all make mistakes. It's much tougher to reconstruct and replace while the season is in progress, but it's never impossible.

• Owner

The other thing I just realized was that we almost hit 400 without me actually posting much. Before this one and the other few posts I've had since the day ended, I posted maybe 20 times, probably less. That's definitely a good thing, because usually, boards struggling with activity tend to lean on their staff for an extra boost, and you guys didn't need that today. :dribble:

• Owner

Just to boost morale a bit more...

OTR was up for 53 months before the hack. I deleted probably 30,000 posts over that amount of time, so add that to the 620,000 we put up.

650,000 posts, divided by the 53 months...12,264 posts a month, on average.

This November, we've hit just over 10,000 posts.

We can surely do better, but we aren't as bad as I thought when compared to our averages. :D

Let's keep it going guys!

Real, any chance we can bring back those "Dedicated Jerseys" to users with 8,000 (I think it was) posts or more? That was a really unique idea for OTR and I'd love to see it brought back into action.

Let's keep it going guys!

Real, any chance we can bring back those "Dedicated Jerseys" to users with 8,000 (I think it was) posts or more? That was a really unique idea for OTR and I'd love to see it brought back into action.

I agree but maybe 8,000 would be a little radical for now. If we stick with 8,000, then it shouldn't be instilled for a while, as in until someone gets there...

The site is always plenty active, there are tons of members online no matter when you log in to the site. The post count shouldn't really matter, most members are pretty dedicated here and visit regardless of the number of posts per day.

The site is always plenty active, there are tons of members online no matter when you log in to the site. The post count shouldn't really matter, most members are pretty dedicated here and visit regardless of the number of posts per day.

It show members who have been active in the last 30 minutes so people aren't always on. Anyways, is there a way we could see the amount of posts the board has daily? I know I've seen something on the bottom of some sites where it tells you and for some reason I thought we had it here but I guess not.

It show members who have been active in the last 30 minutes so people aren't always on. Anyways, is there a way we could see the amount of posts the board has daily? I know I've seen something on the bottom of some sites where it tells you and for some reason I thought we had it here but I guess not.

Regardless there are still a lot of members. Whether they haven't clicked refresh on the site for the last 30 minutes or not, there are still plenty members accessing the site everyday. The statistic below the active online users at the bottom of the forum shows that. Just because the site isn't having a ton of posts doesn't mean people have stopped visiting the site each day. I've come on the forum at like 3 in the morning and I've still seen like 15 members active in those last 30 minutes. That's pretty impressive in my opinion. Post count shouldn't be a factor (to a certain extent at least).

Regardless there are still a lot of members. Whether they haven't clicked refresh on the site for the last 30 minutes or not, there are still plenty members accessing the site everyday. The statistic below the active online users at the bottom of the forum shows that. Just because the site isn't having a ton of posts doesn't mean people have stopped visiting the site each day. I've come on the forum at like 3 in the morning and I've still seen like 15 members active in those last 30 minutes. That's pretty impressive in my opinion. Post count shouldn't be a factor (to a certain extent at least).

Well many people live in the West Coast so that's probably why. But with all the members we have active, 109 I think, if every one of the would post like five times a day we'd have over 500 posts.

• Owner

Our online list is set to 30 minutes, and most sites set theirs to 60. You can't really compare us to other sites just by looking at the list of online users.

Not saying you are. I just wanted to add that info.