Recent Activity

Real Deal

I don't get why people are complaining about the amount of Laker fans here. A lot of these fans, such as Warren, Jenflow, Brandon and myself, post in every team forum. I hardly post in the Laker forum myself, and even on the podcast I've discussed my team a grand total of one time.

If you want more fans of your team, then bring them in! Encourage them to post and stay active on the board.

But that's enough of that, back to our activity.

We've been getting more active over the past week or so, and it's very exciting to see. I'm starting to see less off-topic posts and more NBA ones, which is great. Keep up the good work guys.

I totally agree with you there. I have no problem whatsoever with the Laker fans on here, sometimes they get carried away but I think people overreact over how many that are actually here and the problems they actually cause.

Our most recent Laker fan is already posting more than most here. This is just another example of what is wrong with this site. If you don't like the fact that only 25% of this board is of the Lakers fanbase, then go do something about it. Recruit members that will actually post.

When you [expletive] about the fanbase, it's going to turn people away from the forums. It's a no-brainer. Either you guys want this place to succeed, or you want to be the one to complicate things, simple as that.

So either do something about it, or don't post your thoughts on the matter. I don't care to read how much it pains you to discuss basketball with about 30 of our 110+ active members being Laker fans, especially when I hear it all the time, and especially when this board is still up because of 2-3 Lakers fans to begin with (among other non-Laker fans posting and not whining).

This topic concerns our activity, nothing more. We are DONE talking about anything else. There's a "new topic" button for that, and it belongs in the Site Suggestions forum. If you want to discuss just how many active Laker fans are on OTR, how much they contribute in other team forums, and what they mean to this place compared to you, then we can go that route...just not a good idea for you, but it's definitely not happening in this topic.

Mods, delete all posts that concern anything but the activity, and if there's a consecutive post by the same person, give them 10 days.

Who's that damn Lakers fan anyway! :unsure:

;)

• Owner

Haha, no idea Jen. ;)

Ah, oh yeah...509 posts today. :dribble:

Things are looking up. Loving this trend...with less personal attacks, less complications, much more intelligent discussion. Great stuff.

Haha, no idea Jen. ;)

Ah, oh yeah...509 posts today. :dribble:

Things are looking up. Loving this trend...with less personal attacks, less complications, much more intelligent discussion. Great stuff.

Best thing you ever did was ban Slaven honestly. I know some of people here are boys with him or w.e but his act was getting really old.

EDIT: Jesus Christ Jen...101 posts in 5 days is serious lol. Good stuff.

Edited by Flash

So is this thread just basically for updating how many posts we have each day...? I don't see the need for this. The site is active, there are plenty of members browsing, and the majority of posts are quality posts. We really don't need this unless we are having a serious activity crisis, which we have not had since this new board opened.

• Owner

So is this thread just basically for updating how many posts we have each day...? I don't see the need for this. The site is active, there are plenty of members browsing, and the majority of posts are quality posts. We really don't need this unless we are having a serious activity crisis, which we have not had since this new board opened.

We didn't have a serious activity crisis? We fell to under 200 posts per day. That's about enough to shut down the board for good.

If the topic isn't for you, don't worry about it. There's no harm in telling everyone how we're progressing, gearing up to reach 600-700 PPD or more.

We didn't have a serious activity crisis? We fell to under 200 posts per day. That's about enough to shut down the board for good.

If the topic isn't for you, don't worry about it. There's no harm in telling everyone how we're progressing, gearing up to reach 600-700 PPD or more.

No, that's really not a reason to shut the board down. Sometimes there just isn't a lot to talk about in the NBA news, and if posts are revolving around topics in the "Off-Topic" section, then under 200 posts per day is no shocker to me. I honestly wouldn't worry about it, we're doing fine with or without a PPD update.

No, that's really not a reason to shut the board down. Sometimes there just isn't a lot to talk about in the NBA news, and if posts are revolving around topics in the "Off-Topic" section, then under 200 posts per day is no shocker to me. I honestly wouldn't worry about it, we're doing fine with or without a PPD update.

Brandon has this thing in the eye, he got his bills to pay for it and he doesn't make any money off OTR, he only loses it. So I'd say, he pays for OTR because he enjoys spending time here and has fun.

...However if he stops having fun I think that in his situation it is a reason to shut down.

• Owner

Brandon has this thing in the eye, he got his bills to pay for it and he doesn't make any money off OTR, he only loses it. So I'd say, he pays for OTR because he enjoys spending time here and has fun.

...However if he stops having fun I think that in his situation it is a reason to shut down.

It's more about losing the discussion, honestly. If we don't have basketball discussion, members don't have anything to discuss...and for that sole reason, I don't see the need to keep the site up.

I don't want us ever turning into an off-topic site. I'll do whatever it takes to prevent that. If I fail, then so be it...but I have enough confidence in everyone else to hold their ground and help me with that. Basketball discussion is most important, and providing a place for everyone to talk about the games and the news is all I'm ever after. If that changes despite my efforts, I can't say it's worth keeping OTR alive.

EDIT: I actually believe that's what you were getting to. :)

It's more about losing the discussion, honestly. If we don't have basketball discussion, members don't have anything to discuss...and for that sole reason, I don't see the need to keep the site up.

I don't want us ever turning into an off-topic site. I'll do whatever it takes to prevent that. If I fail, then so be it...but I have enough confidence in everyone else to hold their ground and help me with that. Basketball discussion is most important, and providing a place for everyone to talk about the games and the news is all I'm ever after. If that changes despite my efforts, I can't say it's worth keeping OTR alive.

I was just saying that I don't see OTR ever even needing thoughts of being shut down. We're very active, basketball discussion full of quality posts and an abundance in posts made, and the active members are very loyal here. Shutting down is in no need for discussion, and this topic is hinting to it. That's why I said it wasn't necessary to have a topic like this. It gives off that "We're in trouble" vibe.

This site's been around like five years. You would really just shut it down if we lost activity?

• Owner

I was just saying that I don't see OTR ever even needing thoughts of being shut down. We're very active, basketball discussion full of quality posts and an abundance in posts made, and the active members are very loyal here. Shutting down is in no need for discussion, and this topic is hinting to it. That's why I said it wasn't necessary to have a topic like this. It gives off that "We're in trouble" vibe.

Well, back in 2006, we were hitting 1000 posts per day. Since I started pressing for activity in topics like this, we've increased our post counts from 200 PPD to nailing over 500 in our last two days, and hitting 564 today with still one full hour to go. When people know it's time to step up, they step up.

This site's been around like five years. You would really just shut it down if we lost activity?

If we dropped below 100 per, and they were mostly off-topic, I don't see a reason to continue with it...but really, for me, that's unrealistic, so I should never consider that in the first place.

Granted, a lot of posts come from the gameday threads and during the off season posting is going to go down because of the lack of basketball. Last off season we had the Olympics to keep us in here posting and I'm sure this coming off season with the FA class will be pretty intense so the activity shouldn't drop too much.

Edited by Flash

Granted, a lot of posts come from the gameday threads and during the off season posting is going to go down because of the lack of basketball. Last off season we had the Olympics to keep us in here posting and I'm sure this off season with the FA class will be pretty intense so the activity shouldn't drop too much.

There was no Olympics last off season. ;)

There was no Olympics last off season. ;)

...I meant the off season before last considering the season just started the off season that just passed would still be "this" off season.

Thank you for nitpicking though..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

seems dead on here bigtime lately

It happens around the break. I'm out of town and not on my computer, so posting using my brother's computer is much different. He's usually on it looking at cars, then he's got his girl in his bedroom, haha...so I'm SOL sometimes.

Yeah, I stopped posting because my roommate thinks I'm weird and makes fun of me for liking the NBA and other sports, but now I'm gonna be posting a lot over break. I'll try to keep it up once I move back into my dorm room... we'll see.

Finals Time, that probably has a lot to do with it. The Christmas Break should be really busy.

Yeah, this past few days people have probably been studying and what not. Once the weekend hits we should see a lot of activity.

Yeah, I stopped posting because my roommate thinks I'm weird and makes fun of me for liking the NBA and other sports, but now I'm gonna be posting a lot over break. I'll try to keep it up once I move back into my dorm room... we'll see.

Damn your roommate has that much of an influence on you?