Recent Activity

Real Deal

Sounds like your her biitch.... why would someone even look at what websites your roommate goes on. I'm chill with mine hes cool and we lower music when we ask or whatever, its a respect thing, nothing big...sometimes you gotta let things go why not

• 2 weeks later...

After trying to recruit for some time, I'm getting the same god damn responses from everyone saying "Oh OTR isn't active, it's no RealGM. RealGM is really active with smarter people."

What exactly are we expecting out of us? We don't have the web hosting powers of RealGM so obviously we aren't going to turn in to a ridiculously sized community like that. But at least here you can have your own voice heard, rather than at RealGM where you're shadowed by the overwhelming number of members that are posting around you.

My point is, we need a new way to increase activity. Better web hosting? Who knows.

• Owner

We're on a semi-dedicated server. My guess is we can hold up to 60+ active members at once on it.

If I decided to pay $200/mo. for a dedicated server, this topic would still be active 2-3 months down the road, and I'd be wasting my money.

Servers/hosting...they have nothing to do with activity increases.

And no, I don't want a RealGM environment. Those people would rather post there? Fine. The fact is, there's nothing wrong with our server, as there are no crashes and delays, and the only reason those people don't want to become active here is because they have more people to talk to on RealGM...and that's not always a good thing, as almost half of them are idiots (not taking away from the site, because the other half are good posters).

It's too bad those people weren't around when RealGM started out with 10 active members each day. How did they get so active? New members joined and wanted to contribute, and it was those members who became vital pieces in building the most active sports message board on the net today. New members, becoming active, despite very few posting to begin with...ring a bell?

If those posters need to think twice about coming here, if they need to "scope it out" before registering and compare us to RealGM...I don't want them here. Their expectations are too high, they probably think they know more than they really do, and I would rather dodge the problems before they develop.

Yeah it puzzles me. From the perspective of someone looking for a fresh start on a new site, one would think they'd prefer an active but smaller site as opposed to a giant site where you are never acknowledged or recognized.

Sorry for another double post, but maybe we should limit what guests can see on the board. You know, so they feel more obligated to register. They have a decent amount of viewing access at the moment, and limiting that could benefit us.