Players Take Blame For Frank's Firing

MainEv3nt

Prior to Sunday night's loss to the Lakers, a number of Nets players stepped up and took the blame for coach Lawrence Frank's firing.

New Jersey fired Frank just hours before the team dropped to 0-17, tying an NBA record for consecutive losses to begin a season.

"I do [feel bad]," guard Rafer Alston said. "He wasn't dealt a royal flush. It's almost like he had a pair of twos and he had to fight.

Now I wonder...if the Nets would of won one of the 17 games, would Frank still be coaching the Nets? What's the difference between a 1-16 record or a 0-17 record? Obviously the difference is a win but when you're the worst team in the league, does it make a difference?

Now I wonder...if the Nets would of won one of the 17 games, would Frank still be coaching the Nets? What's the difference between a 1-16 record or a 0-17 record? Obviously the difference is a win but when you're the worst team in the league, does it make a difference?

It has more to do with their confidence than record at this point really. I'm pretty sure if they got a win, it would help immensely. Almost to say "hey, we can win." But it's not frank's fault IMO. The front office put these players together. Aside from Harris(who's been injured most of the year) and Lopez(who is still young), it's just a bunch of young players and expiring contracts. They have potential, but did the Front office actually expect them to be playoff contenders especially with their best player injured to start out?