Knicks sign Jonathon Bender

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2009/12/13/1198656/knicks-sign-jonathan-bender

The Knicks brought Jonathan Bender in for a workout last month, and it seems they liked what they saw. As the Pacers GM, Donnie Walsh traded for the multi-talented big guy after draft day back in 1999, only to see Bender's career derailed by chronic knee problems. Now Walsh is with the Knicks and Bender has been deemed healthy enough for a comeback. As Alan Hahn explains, there isn't much to lose:

It is a low-risk move for the Knicks, who signed him to a non-guaranteed deal through the remainder of the season at the veteran's minimum. There are no expectations whatsoever with him at this point, so it is not as if the Knicks need him to be an immediate factor. Mike D'Antoni's tight rotation is set right now and Eddy Curry must get minutes.

Eh, former overall 5th pick in 1999, let's see what he can bring to the table.

If only the Knicks could sign a player whose first name is Homer, and another player who's a real family-oriented guy, they'd have very entertaining games on Sunday nights. They won't play Eddy Curry though as he's a case of arrested development under D'Antoni. I say ship him to Dallas where he can become the Mavericks' king of the hill. After the horrible incident with the mother of his daughter last year, Curry's priority should be set to being a good American dad anyway.

It cant hurt to bring in a 7 foot center. I doubt we are going to see him play much but what the hell, I'd love for it to work out.

Hes not a center, but wow definitely never realized he was 7 foot. Great great athletic talent for that size, hope he makes a great comeback

JONATHOOOOOOON lol

Guest The Situation

It cant hurt to bring in a 7 foot center. I doubt we are going to see him play much but what the hell, I'd love for it to work out.

Dude is 7foot but weighs about as much as Jason Terry.