T-Mac Returned

andreusito

It's good to see he's finding his way back on the court. Problem is, where does he fit? Ariza's suspension has been only for a single day, and he's been the leading scorer I think for this team with a winning record. Shane Battier should remain a starter, IMO. Chase Budinger is playing very well off the bench. That's three wing players already in the rotation.

I suppose the best option would be to let T-Mac, Trevor, and Air Bud battle it out in practice, and whoever's been playing well will receive minutes.

umm. if tmac is actually healthy its a no brainer u play him lol.

I can see how it could be better marketing to have T-Mac getting minutes, cause that will be sure to put asses in seats like AI, but I don't think that's Rick's main concern.

I don't see why he should get auto minutes just because of his paycheck or what he's done in the past, especially when this team is doing well and still in the playoff race. It's probably best to slowly incorporate him back into the offense, but personally I think he'll have to reprove himself.

Ariza is the #1 option according to Adelman. Battier is a starter, and Chase deserves minutes.

I understand T-Mac needs minutes. Maybe it's best to bench Chase just for this year and let him make a comeback next year when T-Mac is gone.

Battier goes to the bench, and you turn Ariza into a spot-up shooter that feeds off of McGrady's passing. Otherwise, you trade T-Mac.

Yea, that's probably the best option offensively, though I think Battier deserves to start. Trevor does seem to play best when feeding off of good playmakers. Question is, can T-Mac still produce well enough on the offense for it to work?

If they trade T-Mac, they really just need a big defensive center in return. T-Mac is too much money, though, so it's probably best to just let his contract expire in Houston, and hope Yao can make a comeback next season.

Edited by Poe

One of the reasons I want Tracy to stay here so bad is that he can help out a lot with Ariza's development.

He would help him out more than any one can imagine.

Starters:

Brooks

Ariza

Tracy

Scola

Yao

Bench:

Battier

Landry

Lowery

Hayes

Anderson