Bosh Says He Won't Look at Nets This Offseason

Teletopez

The Nets are in position to have the most money in free agency, but what marquee player would want to join them? Bosh was diplomatic when approached about whether the Nets have hurt themselves.

“I don’t think so,” Bosh said. “I think it’s all about the pieces they have. You have to kind of see the future when you’re doing stuff like that. As long as you have a good organization and hardworking GM, things can get better.”

Bosh was then asked if he would look at the Nets and evaluate them when he hits the open market July 1.

“Nah,” he said. “Not me.”

You wonder how many current Nets wouldn’t mind a change of address at this point or how much longer Kiki Vandeweghe will want to coach this group. That’s up to team president Rod Thorn.

Full Article

• Owner

Kiki said the Nets won't be able to sign two max contracts. They can sign one max contract and another large one.

That's true. I just checked their cap situation.

But hey, shouldn't matter, because pairing LeBron with Harris and Lopez (and probably Wall or Ed Davis), that would be more than enough to contend, and Bosh can go elsewhere.

He would want too much money in which case we wouldn't go after someone bigger like Lebron or Wade.

Yeah but for Bosh why not?

It would be a good fit you would have a great pg and a good up and coming center that so far this year is playing great. Who ever ends up landing with the nets I think is going to be very happy.

No big time free agents are going to want to touch a messy team like the Nets. They have a few good young players, but in reality they are easily in a rebuilding process. Going to the Nets would be like starting over, and I think most of the established stars in the NBA pretty much have a "win now" mentality.

Still, even if there was the slightest possibility that, let's say, both Bosh and LeBron decide New Jersey is a nice place for a contract. You can't just slab a few stars together and expect it to work. Just look at a team like the Grizzlies, who had Iverson to start the season plus Mayo, Gay, Randolph, and an emerging Gasol, yet look at the Rockets who don't have a single established star running the show.

Wait hold on, Nets fans are happy Bosh doesn't want to go there? LOL he would be your best player.

Anyways to the above, Kingfish, Bosh is at the very least on the level of Pau Gasol. He would be an amazing second option, no one ever though of Pau as a championship player but now look at him? Playing on a great team with other good player does wonders for people's perception of you, or so it seems.

I just don't see how you can draw the conclusion that someone is 'not a championship player' when they have never played on a team above mediocre. Bosh is by no means an unflawed player, I agree he has plenty of room to improve. But he is a star and he is a big man ANY team could use if they have championship aspirations.

Edited by travesy3

Wait hold on, Nets fans are happy Bosh doesn't want to go there? LOL he would be your best player.

Anyways to the above, Kingfish, Bosh is at the very least on the level of Pau Gasol. He would be an amazing second option, no one ever though of Pau as a championship player but now look at him? Playing on a great team with other good player does wonders for people's perception of you, or so it seems.

I just don't see how you can draw the conclusion that someone is 'not a championship player' when they have never played on a team above mediocre. Bosh is by no means an unflawed player, I agree he has plenty of room to improve. But he is a star and he is a big man ANY team could use if they have championship aspirations.

I see your point, he could definitely improve his defense with a little more effort if he played on a team that could actually win and needed him to play defense. As of right now though, hes just an irrelevant player that gets his numbers and calls it a night.

I see your point, he could definitely improve his defense with a little more effort if he played on a team that could actually win and needed him to play defense. As of right now though, hes just an irrelevant player that gets his numbers and calls it a night.

Not true. Bosh aims to be a winner. Unfortunately, the rest of his team doesn't.

Not true. Bosh aims to be a winner. Unfortunately, the rest of his team doesn't.

This, I am getting the impression someone hasn't seen very much, if at all, not you Poe <3.

Edited by BasX

Bosh not a championship player. He gets his numbers, gets abused by his man, sucks at D, etc. See also - Zach Randolph.

Bost doesn't suck at D. He is not a good defener, but he looks a lot worse than he really is because of the complete incompetence of Andrea Bargnani and the Raptors in general when it comes to defense.

He is being forced to try and make up for the countless amounts of defensive blunders committed by Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and a number of other Raptor players. He is a good positional defender who is usually very good with his rotations, when he is given enough time to react (lets face it, how many big men are actually able to always have good rotations and be in proper position when their is absolutely no resistance at the point of attack? Not many). He has taken a fairly substantial step forward when it comes to help defense since his rookie season where he was absolutely abysmal at it, as well as man defense (partly due to the fact that he was a 6'10/1, 210 pound 19 year old rookie forced to play center).

His man defense isn't anything special by any stretch of the imagination and he gets bullied by bigger, larger players who like to play physical like Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal, Carlos Boozer and any other big bodied center with a good offensive game, but really, Bosh shouldn't be forced to guard opposing centers considering his body frame and the disability that it puts on him. When he is matched up against players of his own body type he is a slightly below average man to man defender.

The biggest problem though is that Chris Bosh is being asked to anchor a defense and that is not something that he is simply not capable of. To make matters worse, he is being asked to anchor the defense of a team with arguably the worst defensive point guard and center (at least in terms of players who get significant minutes) in the NBA, a rookie shooting guard who is obviously going to make some rookie mistakes and a poor defensive small forward.

I'm not a delusional fan who thinks that Bosh is a good defensive player or anything like that. He is average at best when you factor in his above average help defense with his below average man defense, but he is not a terrible defender like so many people make him out to be. You can throw an elite post defender on the team like a prime Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan and the Raptors will still be a poor defensive team because of the other 4 players on the floor with them.

Lol, so if Chris Bosh is on the same level as Zach Randolph, I guess that Pau Gasol is on that same level as well because there is really no way that you can say Pau Gasol is significantly better than Chris Bosh, or vice-versa. Bosh is a top 4 or 5 power forward in the NBA, who has arguably played the best basketball from this position out of anybody not named Dirk Nowitzki this season.

And as if Net fans would actually be upset that they signed Chris Bosh in the offseason. That is golden.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Why is that golden? We aim for LeBron James and instead we get a scoring power forward when we already have a scoring center.

I've watched plenty of Raptor games and seen what Chris Bosh can do and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team and it's something many Nets fans agree with.

• Owner

Bosh would be a nice consolation prize, though.

C - Lopez

PF - Bosh

SF - Douglas-Roberts

SG - Lee

PG - Harris

That's not bad at all, and that's not including the very nice draft pick you guys will pick up for 2010. New Jersey won't be playing defense anytime soon, Bosh or no Bosh, so you might as well try and duplicate what D'Antoni has been doing in Phoenix and New York, pushing the ball up and playing at a fast pace, and outscoring teams.