Only In Philly...........

EastCoastNiner

The snow ball fight was another black eye for Philadelphia fans and gives the media and ignorant public yet another excuse to rip on us. I will admit the snow ball fight was embarrassing. But stop with the generalizations.

it happens all the time for every team but you only notice it when its philly. so yes it does seem like it happens all the time here

just search on youtube, you will find fights and that type of stuff with fans from any and every city

Edited by fly3rs18

Haha yeah. Whatever, don't feel like arguing this again. But this does happen everywhere, it's just only a big deal when it happens here. Really annoying for the fans like me, fly3rs, Smitty, and whoever else who goes to games and does not act like that (the large majority of Philadelphia fans). Even more annoying that ugly stuff like this happens just as much in places like New York, Boston, and Chicago but it's rarely a big deal in those cities.

Haha yeah. Whatever, don't feel like arguing this again. But this does happen everywhere, it's just only a big deal when it happens here. Really annoying for the fans like me, fly3rs, Smitty, and whoever else who goes to games and does not act like that (the large majority of Philadelphia fans). Even more annoying that ugly stuff like this happens just as much in places like New York, Boston, and Chicago but it's rarely a big deal in those cities.

I'm glad you didn't include Matt in the list of people because I found a picture of him.

http://i50.tinypic.com/kco4mp.jpg

*Waits for him to post a picture of his pale faced sister saying she's my girlfriend.*

Don't know if its completely true, but I also heard they boo'ed during Chris Henry's moment of silence, thats just bad

That's horrible. Then again, they also booed Michael Irvin when he suffered a career ending hit.

Don't know if its completely true, but I also heard they boo'ed during Chris Henry's moment of silence, thats just bad

i doubt that even happened. and even if it did, it was only a few people, its not like the entire stadium was booing. dont make it seem like that is what happened

That's horrible. Then again, they also booed Michael Irvin when he suffered a career ending hit.

thats a totally different situation. i dont even want to waste my time explaining why because you should have the intelligence to understand yourself

Edited by fly3rs18

i doubt that even happened. and even if it did, it was only a few people, its not like the entire stadium was booing. dont make it seem like that is what happened

Well of course only a few people did it, but don't forget that makes every single Philadelphia fan a cruel savage. Duh. Haven't you read this thread?

Edited by Phightins

thats a totally different situation. i dont even want to waste my time explaining why because you should have the intelligence to understand yourself

How is it a different situation? Its still one of the most f'd up things I've ever seen in sports. There's no excuse for something like that at all. Why do you think Philly gets the reputation it does? People don't say these things just to say them. There's reasons why Philly is constantly criticized in terms of fan behavior and that is definitely one of them.

Philadelphia fans are passionate, yes. There are a handful of idiots who do stupid [expletive] like this and continue to give the media and internet know-it-alls more reason to talk down to us and trash us, yes. You put 20,000-80,000 people in one building and there are bound to be a handful of numbskulls, and that goes for any situation. Fact: Philadelphia fans are no better/worse than fans of other big time sports markets in terms of behavior. Don't believe me? Well, get off your asses and go experience games in Philadelphia, then New York, Boston, or Chicago instead of just believing everything ESPN feeds you. You may be surprised!

Edited by Phightins

Philadelphia fans are passionate, yes. There are a handful of idiots who do stupid [expletive] like this and continue to give the media and internet know-it-alls more reason to talk down to us and trash us, yes. You put 20,000-80,000 people in one building and there are bound to be a handful of numbskulls, and that goes for any situation. Fact: Philadelphia fans are no better/worse than fans of other big time sports markets in terms of behavior. Don't believe me? Well, get off your asses and go experience games in Philadelphia, then New York, Boston, or Chicago instead of just believing everything ESPN feeds you. You may be surprised!

It isn't just ESPN. If what you were saying was the case, don't you think it would get more coverage? Especially New York, the biggest media city in the world? Fact: Philly's track record speaks for itself.

I've been to Dolphins/Jets games, UM/FSU, UM/UF and Heat/Knicks games int he 90's. Of course there were fights and cussing but never once did it get out of hand like in Philly. IIRC, isn't there a judge who holds court during games in Philly for people at the games?