46 Uncontested Shots Tonight

AboveLegit

Link to press conference: http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/2009/12/29/saunders091229wmv-1167437/index.html

Disgraceful game again, and I'm looking for Flip to make some adjustments to the starting lineup. I'm hoping we can do something like this:

PG: Gilbert Arenas

SG: Caron Butler

SF: Antawn Jamison

PF: Andray Blatche

C: Brendan Haywood

Take Foye out, bump Jamison and Caron back one spot, and put one of the very few guys on our roster who actually tries to get a rebound in the starting lineup (Blatche).

I would also like McGee to get more playing time. One of our biggest problems is hustling for rebounds, and no one on the roster hustles harder than McGurie and McGee. This whole theory of "veteran reliance" is just bull[expletive] to me. It clearly hasn't done us any good, so why not experiment and see what works? Maybe McGee is part of the answer with what we have right now.

All I know is, this rotation needs some serious remodeling. Someone is going to be playing a lot more, and others a lot less.

• Owner

The Wizards haven't played defense since they changed their name from the Bullets, so I can't be surprised by this. Arenas, Jamison, Butler...all three are matadors.

Quite frankly, changing the lineup just doesn't seem to be the answer, in my opinion. As I've been saying for over a year now, Washington needs to change the entire roster.

If you want to improve the defense, don't add knucklebrain Blatche to the starting lineup. He's a wanna be guard who tries to do things he can't. For a team that needs more effort, I'd dump Blatche from the rotation and play McGee more. McGee has no clue how to play basketball, but whatever he does, he does it all out.

With Arenas and Jamison in the lineup though, no matter what you do, you're giving up uncontested shots. That's the sin of people being too impressed with their potential 20 point per game averages.