Years

They Predict he goes number 4

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zprwy0.jpg

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2ZhphUIiQ[/YOUTUBE]

He has very good back to the basket moves and is a finesse big man but also posses a consistent perimeter jumpshot. He's one of those versatile international big man that can do a bit of everything,can knock down the jumper play with their back to the basket and has great footwork.

Added a vid where it has highlights agienst team usa

The thing that popped out about me him first to me is that he's a great rebounder

Think its about time for a new set

And he's a good free throw shooter

Upside is huge, fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.

BUT, pretty bad mentality, ultra skinny, still immature (he was so afraid and shy in Prague 15 months ago and now he is a bully on court), unable to match-up with bigger opponents (like with Koufos yesterday), not a consistent inside defender in one on one, still has ways to go, although fundamentals are there.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNjxJ8kmR0[/YOUTUBE]

Look especilly from 4:00 on he starts balling lol

4:00-4:04

4:36-4:42 take it in strong and gets to the line

4:52-4:56 He slashes to the rim and finishes

5:53-5:56 Inside

1:16-1:22 great pass

6:03- 6:06 tip in

5:08-5:12 Knocks down mid range jumper

yEA YOU go search from 2-4 I'm to lazy for that

But he got to the freethrow line at will

He's like a shooting gaurd when I seen him play. A giant shooting gaurd haha.

He has great footwork and a great back to the basket game.

Basically this sums up his positives and negatives.

Upside is huge, fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.

BUT, pretty bad mentality, ultra skinny, still immature (he was so afraid and shy in Prague 15 months ago and now he is a bully on court), unable to match-up with bigger opponents (like with Koufos yesterday), not a consistent inside defender in one on one, still has ways to go, although fundamentals are there.

Look at the 3rd video and look at these time sections

4:00-4:04

4:36-4:42 take it in strong and gets to the line

4:52-4:56 He slashes to the rim and finishes

5:53-5:56 Inside

1:16-1:22 great pass

6:03- 6:06 tip in

5:08-5:12 Knocks down mid range jumpe

Edited by Years

• Owner

If he's going to be anything like Andrea Bargnani, I'm sure Raptors fans will be able to confirm that he won't be worth a top five pick. Even though Bargs can put points on the board, he allows just as many (or more, most of the time), and he'll probably never put on the weight or add the strength he needs to become a very good player in this league.

If he's going to be anything like Andrea Bargnani, I'm sure Raptors fans will be able to confirm that he won't be worth a top five pick. Even though Bargs can put points on the board, he allows just as many (or more, most of the time), and he'll probably never put on the weight or add the strength he needs to become a very good player in this league.

I'm sure you people have realized just because they give an Nba comparison to an average player dosen't mean the player drafted is gonna be average. It just means they have similar skillsets.

From what I saw, I see a softer Andrea and I did not think it is possible. Andrea has a bit of a post game and this guy doesn't reallylook like he does. He seems really soft but looks like a great shooter. Just like what Universe said, a big shooting guard. Then again I only have these videos to evaluate him with.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I saw, I see a softer Andrea and I did not think it is possible. Andrea has a bit of a post game and this guy doesn't reallylook like he does. He seems really soft but looks like a great shooter. Just like what Universe said, a big shooting guard. Then again I only have these videos to evaluate him with.

He has a better post game then Andrea did as his age this comparison has been made many times. He has great footwork and is a a great finisher

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiw8ZANXcE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ92hs-8p8w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAhBePHCss[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bug1wOOz7oA[/YOUTUBE]

Videos: (he's wearing the white jersey #11)

Edited by Years

He looks really soft, I don't know how he's going to fair out in the NBA. He's got a decent jump shot, but his post game isn't anything spectacular from what I saw in the videos.

I'm predicting he'll be an injury prone role player at best.

People call him the next Arvydis Sabonis, which is a pretty stunning comparison.

If Sabonis had come over when he was drafted (the second time by the Blazers when it was legal), it might have changed the NBA landscape a good bit. All of sudden that Trail Blazers team has a core of Drexler, Porter, Kersey, and Sabonis (plus they probably still make the trade for Buck Williams), that's an imposing line up. Even Whatifsports has them beating the Bulls in '92 with a 31 year old Sabonis (with playoff adjusted minutes).

Anyway, this kid looks to have a lot of skills but the scouts at the Nike Hoops Summit seem to be split on him, ranging from not that impressed to the best European prospect that they've seen in ages.

Probably needs to add another 20-30 lbs. but I did like what I saw from him. One thing I liked in particular is he isn't too unselfish in the post like so many Euro guys are. He knows when he needs to score and when he has the perfect advantage on the block.

I'll wait until we go too far on him, but I can see some similarities. However, he has a long way to go in every way to reach Sabonis status.

The plus about him is that hes from Lithuania, a great basketball country where they teach the players there real well from a young age. He has all the fundamentals to be in the league, I was never sold on Bargnani being the top pick but this kid I think will be worth a top 5 pick.

• 1 month later...

Euro busts? What tha F.

Anyone forgetting Gallinari?

Plus this kid is a beast, his offensive skill-set is CRAZY, he is the leading scorer in the Lithuanian league and hes super young, this kid can shoot, drive, has a nice post-game, pretty much can do anything on offense.

Plus once Rubio comes in 2 years, he will be a beast.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

You people are acting like Europeans can't play or something. A bust can be European or American so I don't know what the big deal is that whenever a European player is hyped he gets called a bust before he even steps foot on an NBA court.

You people are acting like Europeans can't play or something. A bust can be European or American so I don't know what the big deal is that whenever a European player is hyped he gets called a bust before he even steps foot on an NBA court.

Yah, I remember last year everyone was saying Gallinari would be a bust. Just because hes not black and doesnt have a 50 inch vertical doesnt mean he will be a bust.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan