Michael Jordan Is Over-Rated

EastCoastNiner

Seriosly, he is the most over-rated player in NBA history, bar none.

I'm not saying that he wasn't great, but people act as if he will never be surpassed is "greatness", even though the gap is not nearly as big as people think.

I really wish the old "otr" didn't lose everything because I had all of my stats in a thread where most of you pussied out and left.

Anywas, Kobe Bryant is a better player than Michael Jordan, and I have no problem telling the truth about that.

What exactly did Michael Jordan do better than Kobe Bryant?

He's not a better pure scorer, not a better defender(most over-rated aspect of his game), and he did NOT make his team-mates better.

If he made his team-mates so much better like many people say, why did nine players on the Bulls, collectively, shoot a better percentage of 164 games without Michael Jordan, even though the defenses didn't have the falsely name "GOAT" playing?

I know that Scottie Pippen never won a Championship without Michael Jordan, but Michael Jordan never won one without Scottie Pippen and didn't want to come back to the Chicago Bulls if Scottie Pippen wasn't still there.

Scottie Pippen had a better career record than Michael Jordan, and only had one losing season, which was in 2003-2004 with a young Chicago Bulls team, while during the 5 seasons that Michael Jordan played without Scottie Pippen, he posted.........5 losing seasons, missed the playoffs twice, and posted an OUTSTANDING playoff record of.........1-9.

Some of Michael Jordan's defensive awards were well deserved, but later on in his career, he didn't always guard the best guard on the opposing team.

Pooh Richardson lit his [expletive] up, and Phil Jackson placed Scottie Pippen on Damon Stoudemire because Michael Jordan was too slow and couldn't hang with him.

BTW, there were better defender's on Michael Jordan's own team when he was winning awards, and Ron Harper was one of them.

I'll add more later.

You are a dumbass EastCoastNiner.

Career Scoring Average

*Michael Jordan - 30.12

Kobe Bryant - 25.1

Highest Steals (season)

*Michael Jordan - 3.2

Kobe Bryant - 2.2

Career Blocks Per Game

*Michael Jordan - 0.83

Kobe Bryant - 0.5

Highest Blocks (season)

*Michael Jordan - 1.6

Kobe Bryant - 1.0

Career Turnovers Per Game

*Michael Jordan - 2.73

Kobe Bryant - 2.90

Lowest Turnovers Per 40 (season)

*Michael Jordan - 2.1

Kobe Bryant - 2.8

Highest Turnovers Per Game (season)

*Michael Jordan - 3.5

Kobe Bryant - 4.1

Career Assist-to-Turnover Ratio

*Michael Jordan - 1.93

Kobe Bryant - 1.57

Highest Assist-to-Turnover (season)

*Michael Jordan - 2.57

Kobe Bryant - 1.96

Career Field Goal Percentage

*Michael Jordan - .497

Kobe Bryant - .453

Highest Field Goal Pct. (season)

*Michael Jordan - .539

Kobe Bryant - .455

Career Free Throw Percentage

Michael Jordan - .835

*Kobe Bryant - .840

Highest Free Throw Pct. (season)

Michael Jordan - .857

*Kobe Bryant - .868

Enough said. Kobe has him in FT%, and that's it.

Are you that stupid to honestly believe that PPG and APG makes Michael Jordan a bette scorer and passer. :lol: .

Kobe Bryant is more skilled offensively than Michael Jordan, and Michael Jordan got away with a lot of [expletive] that he wouldn't get away with in today's game.

I'm actually 99.9999999% that Brandon will actually agree with me about Kobe being a better scorer.

Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan play in two very different era's, so those stats aren't anything special.

BTW, steals don't mean [expletive].

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Are you that stupid to honestly believe that PPG and APG makes Michael Jordan a bette scorer and passer. :lol: .

Kobe Bryant is more skilled offensively than Michael Jordan, and Michael Jordan got away with a lot of [expletive] that he wouldn't get away with in today's game.

I'm actually 99.9999999% that Brandon will actually agree with me about Kobe being a better scorer.

You can't compare different eras. You can't say Jordan wouldn't hang with the guys in the league right now if he were in his prime today. Would Bob Cousy be a top point guard if he were in the game today? Who knows, there is no way to tell because of the different eras. Kobe is NOT more skilled than Jordan offensively. Jordan was much more creative at getting to the rim and getting his own shot off. Kobe has even admitted that he has modeled his game off of Jordan. You are right about one thing, numerical stats don't make the player. So just compare how many rings each one has ;).

How can someone be overrated, if they are the best player in the league's history. I guess that concludes the theory that everyone is overrated

Umm, he is not the best player in NBA history.

Also, someone can be the GOAT, but get too much credit.

BTW, would one of you people actually respond to my post, or do you know that I am right?

Umm, he is not the best player in NBA history.

Also, someone can be the GOAT, but get too much credit.

BTW, would one of you people actually respond to my post, or do you know that I am right?

I've been responding to you this whole time you persistent dumbass. History doesn't lie. Kobe isn't, and probably won't ever be, the player that Jordan was.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Thank you.

You prove my point that you can't counter my comments, so you leave lame little comments.

Honestly, the last time I made this thread where all of you pussied out, Brandon was the only one who would try and counter.

...There's nothing to really respond to. :lol:

I don't know what else to say, I've presented hard facts and evidence to support the FACT that Jordan is a better player than Kobe.

Yes, because stats from two different era's prove that one player is better. :lol: .

Please, respond to my first posts, and Smitty, as usual, knows nothing, so he makes dumb remarks. ;) .

Yes, because stats from two different era's prove that one player is better. :lol: .

Please, respond to my first posts, and Smitty, as usual, knows nothing, so he makes dumb remarks. ;) .

You just contradicted yourself... you can't compare players in different eras. Stats and accomplishments are the only way, and using those 2 categories, Jordan is the superior player. You are just digging yourself a hole here. I think you just like debating because you want attention. You know this argument is going no where.

You just contradicted yourself... you can't compare players in different eras. Stats and accomplishments are the only way, and using those 2 categories, Jordan is the superior player. You are just digging yourself a hole here. I think you just like debating because you want attention. You know this argument is going no where.

You have yet to answer any of the points that I made in my first post.

You have yet to answer any of the points that I made in my first post.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA

I've proved you wrong in so many ways, and you have no comeback besides saying that I haven't responded to you, which I have.... more than once. You're not exactly a good debater are you...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?!?! HAHAHA

I've proved you wrong in so many ways, and you have no comeback besides saying that I haven't responded to you, which I have.... more than once. You're not exactly a good debater are you...

You didn't answer ANY of the points besides providing stats from different ERA's where Michael Jordan was a #1 option his entire career.

You didn't respond to anything I said. :lol:

You didn't answer ANY of the points besides providing stats from different ERA's where Michael Jordan was a #1 option his entire career.

You didn't respond to anything I said. :lol:

There's nothing specific to respond to.. you just ranted about why you thought Kobe was a better player than Jordan because he had a better offensive game... I've proved you wrong in so many ways. I'm still waiting for you to retaliate with a post that shuts down everything I've said throughout this topic. Go ahead, make your next post a retaliation, not a comment saying "you didn't respond to my post." Impress me.

If he made his team-mates so much better like many people say, why did nine players on the Bulls, collectively, shoot a better percentage of 164 games without Michael Jordan, even though the defenses didn't have the falsely name "GOAT" playing?

I know that Scottie Pippen never won a Championship without Michael Jordan, but Michael Jordan never won one without Scottie Pippen and didn't want to come back to the Chicago Bulls if Scottie Pippen wasn't still there.

Scottie Pippen had a better career record than Michael Jordan, and only had one losing season, which was in 2003-2004 with a young Chicago Bulls team, while during the 5 seasons that Michael Jordan played without Scottie Pippen, he posted.........5 losing seasons, missed the playoffs twice, and posted an OUTSTANDING playoff record of.........1-9.

Some of Michael Jordan's defensive awards were well deserved, but later on in his career, he didn't always guard the best guard on the opposing team.

Pooh Richardson lit his [expletive] up, and Phil Jackson placed Scottie Pippen on Damon Stoudemire because Michael Jordan was too slow and couldn't hang with him.

BTW, there were better defender's on Michael Jordan's own team when he was winning awards, and Ron Harper was one of them.

I'll add more later.

Ughhhh, duuhhhhhh.

You never responded to any of that. :lol: .

Ughhhh, duuhhhhhh.

You never responded to any of that. :lol: .

You should have just said "sorry man you're right" since you didn't retaliate to my points. Don't retaliate with your original posts, my comments were already directed to that. Stir up some new [expletive] and prove me wrong.

Edited by Smitty
filter is still in effect...meaning you can't bypass it. - Smitty

You should have just said "sorry man you're right" since you didn't retaliate to my points. Don't retaliate with your original posts, my comments were already directed to that. Stir up some new [expletive] and prove me wrong.

I did respond you your list of stats.

You still haven't answered any of my points.

I know that you're in a corner that you can't get out of, so you'll keep saying that you responded and I didn't, even though I responded to your list, and you still haven't answered anything. :lol: .

This is ridiculous. I'm not going to debate with an unknowledgeable kid to prove me right. Jordan is better than Kobe, and if you need proof look back at the history. I'm done.

*anticipates ECN saying that he won the debate because I left and "couldn't respond" to his comment*

This is ridiculous. I'm not going to debate with an unknowledgeable kid to prove me right. Jordan is better than Kobe, and if you need proof look back at the history. I'm done.

*anticipates ECN saying that he won the debate because I left and "couldn't respond" to his comment*

Just answer my questions, and it will be alright.

You just threw a lists of stats together, that's all.

You didn't answer any one of my points, and I know you're leaving because you have no way of responding, and you're going to wait until Brandon, Mason, or someone else comes in here to back you up, and the you'll say, "OMG, that is what I was saying"