Michael Jordan Is Over-Rated

EastCoastNiner

Kobe being down 0-3 to Dallas without Caron Butler in the second round should end this debate right now. MJ would NEVER be down 3-0 with the team Kobe has around him. That's not taking anything away from Bean, but its just absurd to even consider him better than Mike IMO.

• Owner

Kobe being down 0-3 to Dallas without Caron Butler in the second round should end this debate right now. MJ would NEVER be down 3-0 with the team Kobe has around him. That's not taking anything away from Bean, but its just absurd to even consider him better than Mike IMO.

WTF...Jordan didn't have a pansy-ass second scoring option that was having mental issues + physical instability.

Would you like to put Gasol on Pippen's level?

You might as well say Derrick Rose is the best player in the NBA right now, because he won the MVP award, and that Nash was the best player the two seasons he won his.

LOL, I seriously can't believe you put that.

WTF...Jordan didn't have a pansy-ass second scoring option that was having mental issues + physical instability.

You might as well say Derrick Rose is the best player in the NBA right now, because he won the MVP award, and that Nash was the best player the two seasons he won his.

True, but at the same time, Jordan never had a line up capable of producing 4-5 all stars, had they not played together. This has been one Kobe's worst playoff series imo, 17 points in that last game? Just not enough, however credit the Mavs for doubling him so much.

Thank You, finally, it should be pretty obvious to yall that MJ was way too [expletive]in overrated. Stats dont [expletive]in matter, looked who dropped 81 and he did it in this era. Back than MJ didnt have the competition that Kobe has had and still has. Kobe can manhandle anyone and all those stats are BS, they gotta update those. Dont forget to look at the records KB has broken. And remember who will be the All-time scoring leader in history after its all over!!!! ;)

Thank You, finally, it should be pretty obvious to yall that MJ was way too [expletive]in overrated. Stats dont [expletive]in matter, looked who dropped 81 and he did it in this era. Back than MJ didnt have the competition that Kobe has had and still has. Kobe can manhandle anyone and all those stats are BS, they gotta update those. Dont forget to look at the records KB has broken. And remember who will be the All-time scoring leader in history after its all over!!!! ;)

Wilt scored 100, Wilt > Kobe.

Because Michael always had the inside talent on his team that Kobe has now right? Bynum and Gasol >>> any big guy player Michael ever played with. Not to mention the 6th man of the year in the NBA as well. Continue on though.

LMAO. MJ scored 63 in the playoffs against the Celtics back when they were one of the GOAT teams and he was a youngster. 1 game doesn't mean shit when you compare the 2. If Kobe could manhandle anyone, Jason Kidd didn't get the memo.

MJ had the beat the Bad Boys and those excellent Utah teams in the 90's. Not to mention, Houston fielded some good teams as well those years.

You're right, Kobe is playing with multiple All-Stars..........Jordan was playing with multiple Hall of Famers.

He did nothing when he didn't have Grant on the defensive end, and then only started winning again when Rodman joined.

You think Horace Grant >> Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum? Seriously?

Lets compare big men to wing men. It used to be considered impossible to win without bigs in the nba, and mj did just that. But really, who gives a shit, the point is THEY WON. HONESTLY WHO CARES??? BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORT< YOU NEED TEAMMATES TO WIN, PERIOD. I really don't understand your argument, other than obvious trolling or arrogance to the game. You might as well say mj couldn't win without Stacey King or Bill Wennington.

Lets compare big men to wing men. It used to be considered impossible to win without bigs in the nba, and mj did just that. But really, who gives a shit, the point is THEY WON. HONESTLY WHO CARES??? BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORT< YOU NEED TEAMMATES TO WIN, PERIOD. I really don't understand your argument, other than obvious trolling or arrogance to the game. You might as well say mj couldn't win without Stacey King or Bill Wennington.

If you are saying winning is a team game, then the argument for Kobe the greater player all-time becomes that much more obvious because he is better in every phase of the game than M.J. ever was. :lol: .

If you are saying winning is a team game, then the argument for Kobe the greater player all-time becomes that much more obvious because he is better in every phase of the game than M.J. ever was. :lol: .

Yes, name me a player in any team sport who has won it all on his own? I never seen a nba basketball player win a game one on five. You need teamates. I'm not gonna respond to your second statement, cause that's beyond absurd and I know you're trolling.

To put it simple, Jordan changed the game of basketball and inspired today's generation of Jordan Wannabes.

At least Kobe didn't get swept in the Finals.

I think being swept in round 2 is a bit worse..but I would hold that against LBJ in a potential LBJ vs. MJ debate down the road. I can only hope we can have that debate one day. Will we? I'm not sure.

• Owner

Pretty sure Mike never got swept either. Debate over. Lock this up for the sake of humanity.

Before you go off and think you just trumped everyone, calling the debate over, you might want to do your homework. Jordan has been part of two sweeps.

Because Michael always had the inside talent on his team that Kobe has now right? Bynum and Gasol >>> any big guy player Michael ever played with. Not to mention the 6th man of the year in the NBA as well. Continue on though.

Gasol and Drew, combined, are not Dennis Rodman. The Worm is the greatest defensive player of all-time. You're disrespecting a legend.

And, I'm sorry, but Horace Grant was just as good as Pau. If we're talking THIS Pau Gasol, from this season, he's better. You've obviously never seen Grant play.

You're arguing for the hell of it. If you're going to do that, at least prove to me that you actually watched the Bulls play, and not just their highlights off of DVD's.

• Like 1

Before you go off and think you just trumped everyone, calling the debate over, you might want to do your homework. Jordan has been part of two sweeps.

Gasol and Drew, combined, are not Dennis Rodman. The Worm is the greatest defensive player of all-time. You're disrespecting a legend.

And, I'm sorry, but Horace Grant was just as good as Pau. If we're talking THIS Pau Gasol, from this season, he's better. You've obviously never seen Grant play.

You're arguing for the hell of it. If you're going to do that, at least prove to me that you actually watched the Bulls play, and not just their highlights off of DVD's.

I don't need to prove anything..this is a silly debate. There's absolutely 0 chance Michael Jordan gets swept by this Dallas team. Absolutely 0 chance. That's not taking anything away from Kobe, that's just how good MJ was.

And fine, MJ lost in 3 to Boston in his first couple years. No biggie.

And no, Horace Grant does not > Pau Gasol as a player. Sorry.

And fine, Rodman > both Gasol and Bynum but Bynum and Gasol is one of the best front lines in the NBA.

Don't see any possible excuse that could be made but I'm sure we'll find some.

I don't need to prove anything..this is a silly debate. There's absolutely 0 chance Michael Jordan gets swept by this Dallas team. Absolutely 0 chance. That's not taking anything away from Kobe, that's just how good MJ was.

And fine, MJ lost in 3 to Boston in his first couple years. No biggie.

And no, Horace Grant does not > Pau Gasol as a player. Sorry.

And fine, Rodman > both Gasol and Bynum but Bynum and Gasol is one of the best front lines in the NBA.

Don't see any possible excuse that could be made but I'm sure we'll find some.

Unless Jordan was going to play all 5 positions on the court, yes he would have been swept also. You put Jordan on this Lakers team and still wouldn't matter.

Unless Jordan was going to play all 5 positions on the court, yes he would have been swept also. You put Jordan on this Lakers team and still wouldn't matter.

Bullshit. MJ won titles, beating the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone with Luc Longley at C and an old ass Ron Harper at PG. Sorry, but this Lakers cast isn't as bad as you want to make it sound.

Bullshit. MJ won titles, beating the Utah Jazz with Stockton and Malone with Luc Longley at C and an old ass Ron Harper at PG. Sorry, but this Lakers cast isn't as bad as you want to make it sound.

This Lakers team is one of the most talented teams ever put together.. on the paper at least. Lakers would have not gotten swept (and lost the series) if everybody else besides Kobe and Bynum would have played up to their potentional.