[expletive] COLLEGE

JWaLL

Yeah all colleges are like that I guess. Here at St. John's they nickle and dime you for every last thing. I remember I moved in freshman year my first day of classes and missed 2 classes that day waiting on line at the financial aid standing there no cell phone no ipod no one to talk to for 2 and a half hours just to get a schedule. I guess halfway through my 2nd year i've gotten used to the bull[expletive] and pretty much expect it now. Anyway no reason to take summer classes just take 18 credits twice next year and you are right back on track. I know it sounds hard but I'd rather work harder over the school year and have a full vacation than to do summer classes.

If there is one thing i've learned from going to college, it all depends on the professor. It doesnt matter what class it is.

There have been 4 classes my friends told me are like easy 100% A classes. I take a different professor and im struggling to get an A-. And the guys that tell me this are like idiots who dont study, dont do [expletive].

Yup, I'm doing that. And my next teacher is supposedly really good according to ratemyprofessors.com. She's apparently an easy A teacher so I'm looking forward to that.

That's what I'm doing for my Math 115 [College Algebra] class. Got a D- for the first semester, so I gotta register for it again on Monday, and drop some elective I had. Looked up all the available professors/classes for next semester and went straight to ratemyprofessors.com. Saw alot of excellent marks for one, so hopefully by the time it's 12:30PM PST on Monday there will be some space for me to get that professor. The professor I had this past semester was a douche. You ask a question and he doesn't exactly answer it. Instead, he makes you look dumb by saying "Weren't you listening?" Yes I was - but you just made everything confusing with your heavy accent. Math is not my forte either but I still do try...? I did my homework and whatnot all the time, got 9/10 or 10/10 but the exams I always bombed. Strangely, the only exam I ever passed was my mid-term, and that was meant to be tougher than the chapter/unit exams. Ha.

All in all, good luck. =\

i agree. on the phone its easy for them to say no. if you go and talk to them then it forces them to do something

Yeah you can get so much more handled if you meet them face to face. I learned that my freshman year. Also like I said the dean can reverse anything yo just have to be honest with them and tell them your side.

Since you are a freshman the dean will have sympathy for you and if you work on the campus liek you said thats a plus because you are involved with the school.

College really is all about the professors. I failed my economics class my first semester. Now I'm taking it with a different professor and she's so different from the douche I had before. She makes class much more interesting. She also has a completely different philosophy that is 10X better than the guy I had first.

Well, just to let you know, most businesses don't give two [expletive]s about your GPA as long as you have a degree.

Most people I have talked to that have had multiple jobs have said that the companies have never asked what their GPA was.

Also, I'm surprised you guys use "ratemyprofessors.com".

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Well, just to let you know, most businesses don't give two [expletive]s about your GPA as long as you have a degree.

Most people I have talked to that have had multiple jobs have said that the companies have never asked what their GPA was.

are you a business owner? you arent in a business, you dont know what they value and what they dont. maybe you know a couple people whos gpa's didnt matter, but every company is different, its absolutely stupid to judge off of a few people you know.

go and barely pass every class and get the minimum gpa that your school allows to stay in and let me know how getting a job or trying to go to grad school is. good luck

are you a business owner? you arent in a business, you dont know what they value and what they dont. maybe you know a couple people whos gpa's didnt matter, but every company is different, its absolutely stupid to judge off of a few people you know.

go and barely pass every class and get the minimum gpa that your school allows to stay in and let me know how getting a job or trying to go to grad school is. good luck

Actually, you have no clue what you are talking about, considering my mom worked for one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, my dad has worked for some very big companies, and is at Dell now, and I've been to multiple lectures and events with business owners and CEO's of fortune 500 Companies that said it really doesn't matter at all, and they won't ask you about it, so you need to get a clue.

You honestly do not know what you are talking about.

Why are you surprised we use ratemyprofessor.com, why wouldn't we?

And your GPA is definitely looked at. You act like you know it all, but really you don't. Now you're gonna give me a comeback where your going to sound like you own a business and you know for a fact they don't look at it.

Just a side comment, Undergrad gpa doesn't matter, as long as you know the material and get your degree. Unless you plan on becoming a doctor/lawyer and must go to a top grad school, gpa is only so-so important. Experience is what really matters nowadays in the business world, a degree gets you the min requirements, but you gotta take that extra step.

Just a side comment, Undergrad gpa doesn't matter, as long as you know the material and get your degree. Unless you plan on becoming a doctor/lawyer and must go to a top grad school, gpa is only so-so important. Experience is what really matters nowadays in the business world, a degree gets you the min requirements, but you gotta take that extra step.

You're not even in college.

• Like 1

Undergrad does matter to an extent man. If you just keep the bare minimum gpa, it'll be hard find a job in this economy. I'm shooting for dean's list next semester.

To update everyone, I'm only getting a 33% refund, but the grade is staying put for some reason. I have NO idea why, but I'm tired of fighting because I spent most of my last 2 days being on hold when calling the school listening to [expletive]ty waiting music and talking to employees who have real attitudes when you ask questions. Oh well...

Actually, you have no clue what you are talking about, considering my mom worked for one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, my dad has worked for some very big companies, and is at Dell now, and I've been to multiple lectures and events with business owners and CEO's of fortune 500 Companies that said it really doesn't matter at all, and they won't ask you about it, so you need to get a clue.

You honestly do not know what you are talking about.

Dude my dad is Warren Buffet and I have great connections with Bill Gates. So OMG I just owned you so bad and you are wrong hahahah, you mad?

To update everyone, I'm only getting a 33% refund, but the grade is staying put for some reason. I have NO idea why, but I'm tired of fighting because I spent most of my last 2 days being on hold when calling the school listening to [expletive]ty waiting music and talking to employees who have real attitudes when you ask questions. Oh well...

go in person. i always hate calling places because usually it never gets anything done

i wasnt aware that you were a buisness owner too

this is incredibly stupid. every company is different. sure one company may not look at gpa at all, but there may be another company that doesnt hire you because someone else had a higher gpa.

college gpa is similar as high school gpa. as soon as you get into college your high school gpa means nothing. just as once you get a good steady job then college gpa doesnt matter. but good luck getting into a college with a bad high school gpa and good luck getting a good first job with a bad college gpa

i wasnt aware that you were a buisness owner too

this is incredibly stupid. every company is different. sure one company may not look at gpa at all, but there may be another company that doesnt hire you because someone else had a higher gpa.

college gpa is similar as high school gpa. as soon as you get into college your high school gpa means nothing. just as once you get a good steady job then college gpa doesnt matter. but good luck getting into a college with a bad high school gpa and good luck getting a good first job with a bad college gpa

Well not saying you should get a bad gpa, its just college gpa in undergrad is vastly overrated. Unless you plan on going to a top grad school, a mediocre gpa will be fine as long as you know your material. A high gpa may help you with your first job, but who the hell stays with their first job for a long period of time? Once you build experience, you move on to a better higher paying job/position. 9 out of 10 times your employer wont bother with your college gpa, cause they could care less if you know what you are doing. Its all about connections and experience.

Well not saying you should get a bad gpa, its just college gpa in undergrad is vastly overrated. Unless you plan on going to a top grad school, a mediocre gpa will be fine as long as you know your material. A high gpa may help you with your first job, but who the hell stays with their first job for a long period of time? Once you build experience, you move on to a better higher paying job/position. 9 out of 10 times your employer wont bother with your college gpa, cause they could care less if you know what you are doing. Its all about connections and experience.

if you "know your material" then you are going to get a good gpa. if you get a bad gpa then clearly you dont

with jobs today nothing is guaranteed. you need every advantage you can possibly get, and having a good gpa is one

• Like 1

Flyers is absolutely right, no doubt.

No, he isn't, he is wrong like you always are.

MOST businesses and companies, that aren't very small businesses do not look at your GPA.

However, if you are majoring in accounting, or going to become a doctor, then they will look at your GPA and take it into consideration, but most companies will not look at your GPA.

There's really no debate, it's a fact.

Lets see ECN i went to Purdue's industrial round-table last semester and businesses like Microsoft, IBM, Ford, Toyota, Coke and many others told me they won't even consider students with a low gpa out of college. let me repeat, will not consider. GPA Matters a lot, especially with less jobs now a days. They say it shows not only how well you grasped the material but that you can handle good time management and be a bright person for their company.

Edited by OSUBucksfan09
  • Like 1

No, he isn't, he is wrong like you always are.

MOST businesses and companies, that aren't very small businesses do not look at your GPA.

However, if you are majoring in accounting, or going to become a doctor, then they will look at your GPA and take it into consideration, but most companies will not look at your GPA.

There's really no debate, it's a fact.

Dude I'm talking to Warren Buffet (I got them connections) right now and he said you're wrong. So.......

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87/eatmisc/umad-1.jpg

Edited by NeTs15VC