[expletive] COLLEGE

JWaLL

I don't think GPA matters much, at least not in high school. I have a 3.5 but only because I took easy Ap and Honors classes, as in showing up to class gets you can A+. I know plenty of people that work their asses off and only have a 3.0 or less. I also know people who walked into high school on a throne and started their freshman year with honors, so they could get C's straight through and still have a GPA similar to mine.

Point is, you can learn stuff one day and forget a week later and get a good GPA, or you could study all day, do alright on the test, but you remember the material for a long time.

Edited by SRV

I don't think GPA matters much, at least not in high school. I have a 3.5 but only because I took easy Ap and Honors classes, as in showing up to class gets you can A+. I know plenty of people that work their asses off and only have a 3.0 or less. I also know people who walked into high school on a throne and started their freshman year with honors, so they could get C's straight through and still have a GPA similar to mine.

Point is, you can learn stuff one day and forget a week later and get a good GPA, or you could study all day, do alright on the test, but you remember the material for a long time.

I agree with a lot of this.

Also, you have to take electives and other courses that are not related to your major, and you could get a C in all of them, and straight A's in your major, and your GPA would be hurt, but companies won't give two [expletive]s about the electives because they have NOTHING to do with your major.

Yes GPA matters, but if you have a 4.0 and they hire you, they expect you to do your job well. Problem is, if you got that 4.0 by taking easy classes and forgetting important things, you will get fired pretty quickly.

Yes GPA matters, but if you have a 4.0 and they hire you, they expect you to do your job well. Problem is, if you got that 4.0 by taking easy classes and forgetting important things, you will get fired pretty quickly.

You can't get your degree by taking all easy classes.

You can get a professor that's an easy A.

BRB taking an aerospace engineering class and not studying because the professor is so easy.

Bearsfan, you're not even in college, you are still in high school.

You guys act like you know everything and cant admit you're wrong, grow up.

yes. high school gpa is important ONLY to get into a good college. once you get into a school then high school gpa means absolutely nothing. college gpa is similar but getting a good job instead of good college

yes. high school gpa is important ONLY to get into a good college. once you get into a school then high school gpa means absolutely nothing. college gpa is similar but getting a good job instead of good college

Actually some jobs require a high school transcript which includes your GPA. It's not too common but there are definitely a good amount of employers who request it.

I'm not completely knowledgeable with the American GPA scores, but isn't a 2.0 a miserable fail in every single class? A 4.0 is a very average passing grade in Australia.

If so, it's understandable that you should be angry that they hadn't registered that you had dropped the class, but I think the bigger question would be why you were lazy enough to let yourself slip so far down. In my opinion, you should have been more aware of your other classes in case something like this happened. No disrespect to you, but you can't blame the whole university system for one mistake on their computers when you weren't putting in the work in any class to begin with. You were playing with your own future from the beginning, it had nothing to do with the offices not registering one change.

On the other hand, if a 2.0-2.5 is a pass, well then disregard what I just wrote, heh.

I'm not completely knowledgeable with the American GPA scores, but isn't a 2.0 a miserable fail in every single class? A 4.0 is a very average passing grade in Australia.

If so, it's understandable that you should be angry that they hadn't registered that you had dropped the class, but I think the bigger question would be why you were lazy enough to let yourself slip so far down. In my opinion, you should have been more aware of your other classes in case something like this happened. No disrespect to you, but you can't blame the whole university system for one mistake on their computers when you weren't putting in the work in any class to begin with. You were playing with your own future from the beginning, it had nothing to do with the offices not registering one change.

On the other hand, if a 2.0-2.5 is a pass, well then disregard what I just wrote, heh.

A 2.0 is an average of a C in all classes, so between 74% and 79% approximately. A miserable fail would be a 0.0 lol.

4.0: A

3.7: A-

3.5: B+

3.0: B

2.7: B-

2.5: C+

2.0: C

1.7: C-

1.5:D+

1.0: D

0-0.9: F

That's the grading scale at my school.

^ My mistake then. A C isn't all that bad, especially for a first year in university. The ratings here are somehting are 7.0 for an A+ working it's way downwards. A 4.0 is a pass, but as I mentioned, it's quite an average pass. So you can imagine why I thought a 2.0 was a miserable fail. My mistake.

Haha all good man I could definitely see why a 2.0-2.5 is considered bad to you. I've never heard of a 7.0 grading scale though, what are the percentages like for grades? Like what constitutes as an A?

So did you get back to the school? You can't let something like this go.

I got a partial refund for the price I paid for the class, but the grade remains the same. I'm retaking Calculus this semester so once I finish that and hopefully get a good grade, it will be like the first one with the F never existed and this will just overlap that.