Darko Milicic says Pistons wasted their pick on him

Warren2ThaG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2171.jpg

Darko Milicic says Pistons wasted their pick on him

-----------

"Every NBA observer would say that Darko Milicic was a wasted draft pick by the Pistons in 2003.

Milicic agrees.

The Pistons took Milicic second overall in 2003 -- after LeBron James -- and missed the opportunity to take Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade, who went 3-4-5 to the Nuggets, Raptors and Heat, respectively. Anthony, Bosh and Wade are bona fide NBA stars, while Milicic has become a seldom-used NBA journeyman.

Milicic was asked by SLAM magazine if he gets upset when it is suggested the Pistons wasted their No. 2 pick on him.

"They did," Milicic told the magazine. "They did waste a pick. Why did they take me? Who knows if I really had a chance to play like these players that play like Dwyane Wade or Carmelo. Those guys are incredible players."

---

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100109/SPORTS0102/1090363/1127/sports0102/Darko-Milicic-says-Pistons-wasted-their-pick-on-him

All he does is complain. He's had chances and done nothing.

He is right though. The Pistons did waste their pick on him. They drafted him 2nd overall and never really gave him the chance to crack the lineup.

And, umm, how exactly did he get a chance with the Pistons? He averaged 5 and 7 minutes a game during his two full seasons with the Pistons. He got a decent opportunity with the Magic and he played well for them, they just wanted to go in a different direction. Outside of that though, I really wouldn't say that he has been given a chance.

Even then, he was totally ruined as an NBA player by sitting on the bench for the better part of the first 3 years of his career.

He may complain quite a bit, but he is 100% correct in what he is saying here.

Way to show some confidence!

But the dude is just being honest. He didn't pan out.

But it's not like he didn't have his chance. It's obvious the coaches didn't see much in practice because he rarely got PT!

He is right though. The Pistons did waste their pick on him. They drafted him 2nd overall and never really gave him the chance to crack the lineup.

And, umm, how exactly did he get a chance with the Pistons? He averaged 5 and 7 minutes a game during his two full seasons with the Pistons. He got a decent opportunity with the Magic and he played well for them, they just wanted to go in a different direction. Outside of that though, I really wouldn't say that he has been given a chance.

Even then, he was totally ruined as an NBA player by sitting on the bench for the better part of the first 3 years of his career.

He may complain quite a bit, but he is 100% correct in what he is saying here.

You make it seem like all they do is play games. It looks like he didnt earn any minutes in practise.