Atlanta Braves 2010

Cobb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about having an unlucky debut. :lol:

Two runs resulting from bloops (one the most perfect bloop double ever), a third run because of an outfield boot, a fourth run because of a brutal infield error, and a HBP that barely grazes (if at all) the edge of a sleeve. To top it all off he misses out on his first hit and RBI getting thrown out by the RF at first.

Unluckiest debut ever? I think so.

The Braves acquired Derrek Lee today, a trade which I do not understand. They already have a right-handed first baseman who is going to give them Derrek Lee-like production, named Troy Glaus. Lee brings slightly better defense I suppose, but this seems like another lateral move (like the trade for Ankiel and Farnsworth).

The Braves acquired Derrek Lee today, a trade which I do not understand. They already have a right-handed first baseman who is going to give them Derrek Lee-like production, named Troy Glaus. Lee brings slightly better defense I suppose, but this seems like another lateral move (like the trade for Ankiel and Farnsworth).

I just got back from school and everything I've read is saying we're "close" to getting him. I'm just curious as to who we would send in order to get him.

Edited by Cobb

Cobb, you should start going to games. And bring a couple thousand of your friends too.

Seriously, a team in first place and playing great baseball in the middle of August should be getting more than 18,000 fans to their games.

Cobb, you should start going to games. And bring a couple thousand of your friends too.

Seriously, a team in first place and playing great baseball in the middle of August should be getting more than 18,000 fans to their games.

I'm actually going to a Braves-Marlins game on the 29th of this month. Hopefully I'll be able to attend some playoff games too.

As for the attendance problem, I have no idea what's going on. No one really seems to care about sports in Atlanta since we haven't won anything recently.

Edited by Cobb

September 1st Call-ups:

ajcbraves

Braves announced Freddie Freeman will be called up tomorrow along with Mike Dunn' date=' J.C. Boscan, and Scott Procter. McLouth was recalled.

Boscan is a third catcher. He's been in and out of the Braves organization for years. A steady defensive player. Sammons has had an off yr

[b']ajcbraves[/b]

Kenshin Kawakami has been optioned to Danville (rookie advanced) the Braves announced.

Kawakami option was strategic to get Kawakami off the roster for a day until Sept. McLouth will be activated for tonight's game

ajcbraves

Glaus recalled, will be activ Thursday. McLouth recalled activated tonight. Sept call-ups will be: Dunn, Kawakami, Boscan, Freeman, Proctor

FREDDIE time boys!

What's the magic number? Or are the Bravos the new Mets :P

I have no idea TBH.

I just hate the fact that we can't score more then one run on a pitcher who has a career ERA of 6.17. It's also pretty fun that we can't hit his fastball which was like 88mph. :lol: