Woodson decisively wins Defensive POY award

ChosenOne

The Associated Press has named Packers CB Charles Woodson the Defensive Player of the Year.

Rather surprisingly, his 28 votes doubled the number received by Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Woodson, still dominant at age 33, tied for the NFL lead with nine interceptions, forced four fumbles, broke up 18 passes, and returned three of his picks for touchdowns. Making the transition from press corner to a zone scheme, Woodson helped Green Bay finish the regular season No. 5 overall in pass defense under first-year coordinator Dom Capers.

Associated Press

Revis Deserved this award, not woodson. Revis played a true shutdown corner against elite receivers,of course hes not going to get the same defensive stats as other corners since teams do not throw his way. While woodson did play a great season, his stats did not help him much last week as he was getting torched by the cardinals now did it? Revis held almost all the number one receivers under 35 yards a game, that's just unreal. I'm really shocked that the voting was not even close, how did woodson get double the votes is beyond me.

Revis Deserved this award, not woodson. Revis played a true shutdown corner against elite receivers,of course hes not going to get the same defensive stats as other corners since teams do not throw his way. While woodson did play a great season, his stats did not help him much last week as he was getting torched by the cardinals now did it? Revis held almost all the number one receivers under 35 yards a game, that's just unreal. I'm really shocked that the voting was not even close, how did woodson get double the votes is beyond me.

LOL you just hate the Packers. If Revis really deserved the award so much why did Woodson win by so much?

And Woodson was the only guy doing much of anything. The only times he got beat was when Fitzgerald blatantly committed offensive PI.

Edited by Flash

LOL you just hate the Packers. If Revis really deserved the award so much why did Woodson win by so much?

I don't know, maybe cause of more media attention? Certain analyst were kissing his [expletive] all season long *gruden*? I'm not saying woodson played a bad season, cause he did have a great season especially for his age, its just revis played better.

And Woodson was the only guy doing much of anything. The only times he got beat was when Fitzgerald blatantly committed offensive PI.

Wasnt he beat for three td's against the Cards?

Wasnt he beat for three td's against the Cards?

Positive that one of them Fitz had a pass interference but they didn't call it. And the other Wood slipped.

Just to make it simple, Revis is the better cover guy, and Woodson is basically better at everything else. Woodson is the better defensive player, Revis is the better corner.

Don't be so blind. You know the decision process that goes into these awards. Completely irrelevant.

Oh, and Clay Matthews says "hi".

Woodson is the best CB in the NFL.

Debatable, but simply put, Revis shut down the likes of Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne. And he did it all year. He did more to opposing offenses then Woodson did. Pure cover corner.

You know why Revis didn't win? Because Ted Ginn made him look stupid. That alone should get him kicked out of the NFL.

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. Watch Vincent Jackson join Revis' Island's own "Under 35 yards" club.

I forgot about Clay I'll be honest. He's been so amazing this year and even against Arizona he's the only one who got something resembling pressure on Warner.

The Ginn thing was obviously a joke...

Charles Woodsen did not deserve this award, and won it for the same reason that Peyton Manning won the MVP last season.

He got a lot of media attention, and a lot of the people who vote let others influence their votes.

It was incredibly obvious that Derrelle Revis should have won.

It shouldn't have been so unanimous, but Woodson deserved it with his takeaway stats. he was simply a playmaker all year long

• Like 1

Don't be so blind. You know the decision process that goes into these awards. Completely irrelevant.

Oh, and Clay Matthews says "hi".

Debatable, but simply put, Revis shut down the likes of Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne. And he did it all year. He did more to opposing offenses then Woodson did. Pure cover corner.

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. Watch Vincent Jackson join Revis' Island's own "Under 35 yards" club.

Shutting down Randy Moss isn't an accomplishment at least anymore, Since Randy usually shuts himself down. Wayne hardly got any playing time, so I'm not sure if that's even credible. Ocho-No-Show isn't that good in the first place. Andre Johnson is the only one I'll give you.

Glad to see Woodson win this award. At his age I expected him to be a good asset for our team, but not the standout player he was. He played on an exceptionally high level all season long including the playoff game last week where he forced another fumble.

I'm pretty happy that a Packer got this award this year. Woodson earned it. :)

Shutting down Randy Moss isn't an accomplishment at least anymore, Since Randy usually shuts himself down. Wayne hardly got any playing time, so I'm not sure if that's even credible. Ocho-No-Show isn't that good in the first place. Andre Johnson is the only one I'll give you.

Bull it isn't an accomplishment. I don't care that he gets blasted for a perceived lack of trying, he's still a top flight receiver in the NFL. Wayne still played two and a half quarters with under 40 yards, so I don't know what you're trying to say. It's not like the Colts didn't play their starters at all. Ochocinco was top ten receiver this year, so once again I don't really get what you're trying to say.

Here's some more.

Steve Smith (Carolina)

Mike Sims-Walker

Marques Colston

Roddy White

Care to find some exploits in those receivers too?