Lost

Phightins

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple random thoughts/theories. If you are still a few episodes behind (cough cough fly3rs) and don't want to see any spoilers then don't read ahead.

Alright, first one is kind of obvious, but I think it's pretty clear that the new Sayid is Jacob, and this is shaping up to be an epic battle between fake Locke and fake Sayid. Also, I am guessing that Richard came to the island as a slave on that ship that Jacob and Jacob's nemesis saw sailing in during the last episode of last season ("Locke" (Jacob's nemesis) said something to Richard about it being nice to finally see him without chains). I read that theory today and it is one that makes a lot of sense.

Main questions I have right now...What did Jacob mean by "they're coming" before Ben killed him? What did Juliet mean before she died? Why was Desmond on the plane in the bizarro alternate reality? Why were some of the original passengers not on the plane? Anyway, can't wait for next Tuesday haha. This is going to be a hell of a season.

Edited by Phightins

Couple random thoughts/theories. If you are still a few episodes behind (cough cough fly3rs) and don't want to see any spoilers then don't read ahead.

Alright, first one is kind of obvious, but I think it's pretty clear that the new Sayid is Jacob, and this is shaping up to be an epic battle between fake Locke and fake Sayid. Also, I am guessing that Richard came to the island as a slave on that ship that Jacob and Jacob's nemesis saw sailing in during the last episode of last season ("Locke" (Jacob's nemesis) said something to Richard about it being nice to finally see him without chains). I read that theory today and it is one that makes a lot of sense.

Main questions I have right now...What did Jacob mean by "they're coming" before Ben killed him? What did Juliet mean before she died? Why was Desmond on the plane in the bizarro alternate reality? Why were some of the original passengers not on the plane? Anyway, can't wait for next Tuesday haha. This is going to be a hell of a season.

I think Sayid may be Jacob but here's something interesting as to why it may still be Sayid. I think Sayid may have a "Jesus" type role and here's why. Did you see his body position after being taken out of the pool? His arms were extended like Jesus on the cross and then he resurrected from the dead. That's just a theory although the Jacob theory makes a lot of sense.

My question is why the hell was the island under water in the shows opening.

I think Sayid may be Jacob but here's something interesting as to why it may still be Sayid. I think Sayid may have a "Jesus" type role and here's why. Did you see his body position after being taken out of the pool? His arms were extended like Jesus on the cross and then he resurrected from the dead. That's just a theory although the Jacob theory makes a lot of sense.

My question is why the hell was the island under water in the shows opening.

On lostpedia somebody pointed out that when Sayid came back to life and said "what's going on" or w/e, he had a far different accent than he normally had and he actually sounded a lot like Jacob. I think that may just be coincidence but it is certainly interesting.

And yeah the island being under water is another question I have. I am sure the alternate reality and the "real" reality will converge at some point and we'll find all of that out.

Eh I didn't really notice a different accent. Could be though.

Another question I have is who are the skeleton's that they called "Adam and Eve"? I think it might end up being Jacob and Evil Locke guy.

I just picked up the first season of this show to watch on DVD. Got it for 19.99 at the store so I said w/e and picked it up. I'm sitting there paying close [expletive] attention to everything going on because I don't wanna get [expletive]ed over or confused like everyone is saying. Show just seems really weird to me, hoping I enjoy it more as I go on, it is okay but there have been a lot of 'wtf?' moments for me so far, in the first season.

Glad that Jacob isn't possessing, or whatever you call it, Sayid's body. I definitely thought that was the direction that they were going in, and I wasn't really looking forward to it.

I think that this "poison/darkness" storyline is much more interesting considering we heard about it since season 1 from Rousseau (sp?) and never really knew if she was just crazy or if she was speaking the truth. Defintiely looking forward to seeing how they explain this one because it has been a storyline that we have been waiting for clarification on since season 1.

Oh yeah, Rambo Claire is awesome. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Glad that Jacob isn't possessing, or whatever you call it, Sayid's body. I definitely thought that was the direction that they were going in, and I wasn't really looking forward to it.

I still think it is Jacob. We will see. You can never really predict where they will take the show.

I still think it is Jacob. We will see. You can never really predict where they will take the show.

I don't really see the argument for it being Jacob. Why would Dogen and The Others want to poison/kill Sayid if it was actually Jacob possessing him?

Another hint that I noticed is Miles reaction to Sayid combined wth Dogen's comments to Jack at the end of the episode when he mentioned that Sayid is poisoned just like Claire was (or something along those lines). Remember back in Season 4 when Keamy blew up Claire's house and Claire was all loopy for a bit there and eventually ended up leaving Aaron in the jungle to follow Christian? Miles was really interested in Claire just like he was with Sayid.

Like you said though, you can never really predict where they will take the show, but I see a lot more connections between Sayid being "poisoned" than him being possessed by Jacob.

EDIT: Here are some things that make me believe what I do (posted on Lostpedia Forums).

CLAIRE: What's going on?

LOCKE: Claire?

SAWYER: You all right, sweetheart?

CLAIRE: Yeah, a bit wobbly, but, uh, I'll live.

MILES: Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

CLAIRE: Oh!

SAWYER: You okay?

CLAIRE: Yeah, just a bit woozy.

SAWYER: How's your head?

CLAIRE: It's better. Bit of a headache, but at least I'm not seeing things anymore.

MILES: Yeah? What'd you see?

SAWYER: Back off, Donger.

[Creek babbling]

[footsteps approach]

SAWYER: Don't even think about it.

MILES: What?

SAWYER: Don't look at her. Don't talk to her. Don't mess with her. You got a restraining order. 20 feet.

[Zips up backpack]

MILES: What are you, her big brother?

SAWYER: No. I'm the guy who's gonna put a boot in your face unless you say, "Yeah. I getcha."

MILES: Yeah. I getcha.

I just don't think that it is a coincidence that Miles showed such an interest in Claire all of a sudden just like how interested he was in Sayid's "corpse".

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I don't really see the argument for it being Jacob. Why would Dogen and The Others want to poison/kill Sayid if it was actually Jacob possessing him?

Another hint that I noticed is Miles reaction to Sayid combined wth Dogen's comments to Jack at the end of the episode when he mentioned that Sayid is poisoned just like Claire was (or something along those lines). Remember back in Season 4 when Keamy blew up Claire's house and Claire was all loopy for a bit there and eventually ended up leaving Aaron in the jungle to follow Christian? Miles was really interested in Claire just like he was with Sayid.

Like you said though, you can never really predict where they will take the show, but I see a lot more connections between Sayid being "poisoned" than him being possessed by Jacob.

We'll see, it is just a theory. As you know, there is nothing predictable about this show.