Trade Official: Clippers, Washington, Cleveland Agree to Deal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

Wow, will you guys get over that [expletive], seriously?

Antawn Jamison (a 20/10 player) was just traded for a first-round pick, likely 30th in the draft.

Pau Gasol (17 PPG, 11 RPG, 52% FG)

Marc Gasol (15 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 58% FG)

If you didn't know he was good, you didn't pay much attention to international basketball. Memphis wasn't even going to make the deal if Marc wasn't included, and it wasn't like he had a big contract, either.

It's getting annoying. Just because there are incompetent GM's in the NBA doesn't mean it should be placed on our heads. It's not our fault other GM's don't have the mental capacity to pull off a decent trade, or other owners are spending all of their time trying to drop $30-40 million under the cap and tank for a high pick every season.

O-Ville? Who cares. Reppin' T-Dot... smh..

Who knows I might be living going to Toronto's University 8 months from now, fall back.

Edit: How about value-wise and not just stats RD? Jamison is 33 years old compared to Pau who was 27 in the prime of his career, that is the major difference. Jamison could be irrelevant in 2-4 years while Pau, when traded for, is going to be a really good player for the better part of the next decade. Both deals were a salary dump, the only difference is Pau didn't get the value at the time he should have, Jamison is 33 and the fact is you aren't getting a good piece for a 33 year old.

Double Edit: I think I misread your post, but still my point is the same to anyone else who compares these 2 deals.

Edited by travesy3

• Owner

Who knows I might be living going to Toronto's University 8 months from now, fall back.

Edit: How about value-wise and not just stats RD? Jamison is 33 years old compared to Pau who was 27 in the prime of his career, that is the major difference. Jamison could be irrelevant in 2-4 years while Pau, when traded for, is going to be a really good player for the better part of the next decade. The deal's are not comparable, simple as that.

And Marc Gasol is young as well. I'm not comparing Jamison and Pau, I'm saying that the ridiculous comments concerning the Gasol/Gasol deal are unwarranted and annoying.

If anything, the Cavaliers got a better player for less, and it's not even debatable. Stats, age, whatever...doesn't matter, unless you think that 30th pick in the draft will be John Wall, for some strange reason.

Wow, will you guys get over that [expletive], seriously?

Antawn Jamison (a 20/10 player) was just traded for a first-round pick, likely 30th in the draft.

Pau Gasol (17 PPG, 11 RPG, 52% FG)

Marc Gasol (15 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 58% FG)

If you didn't know he was good, you didn't pay much attention to international basketball. Memphis wasn't even going to make the deal if Marc wasn't included, and it wasn't like he had a big contract, either.

It's getting annoying. Just because there are incompetent GM's in the NBA doesn't mean it should be placed on our heads. It's not our fault other GM's don't have the mental capacity to pull off a decent trade, or other owners are spending all of their time trying to drop $30-40 million under the cap and tank for a high pick every season.

It gets tiring hearing whining fans only go in with a 'feel sorry for my team' attitude when you just won the NBA Championship in threads that have nothing to do with the team.

All I know is when the Nets destroy the league next year I won't be whining about what the rest of the fans think about my team and post it in every thread.

;)

..and it's not directed at you.

Edited by Universe

• Owner

It gets tiring hearing whining fans only go in with a 'feel sorry for my team' attitude when you just won the NBA Championship in threads that have nothing to do with the team.

I understand where you're going with it and why you said it, but we already had to go through our share of that stuff when Boston, Cleveland, and Nuggets fans (and, well, pretty much every non-Lakers fan) dove into that Gasol topic (on the old board) to whine about THAT trade.

The worst part of it all is that we are STILL hearing about it, despite what Marc is doing in Memphis.

Yet, when something like this happens, it's not that big of a deal, and the Lakers fans are now whining about it?

It's sort of a double-edged sword, I guess. We do something, and we robbed the league and were handed a title we don't deserve, says the fans that have a right to speak on it. Someone else does something similar, and it's a fantastic trade for that team, and the whiny Lakers fans should shut their mouths.

Lol....it's not like Z makes that much more of an impact....

He's coming back. Rumors he won't come back are as out of wack as the Shaq trade rumors.

Only concern here is how we divide minutes for the rotation, especially with Powe coming back soon.

Hickson should start still.

Amazing pick up for the Cavs... If all goes well, they'll be in the Finals... maybe even win it all. We'll see how Jamison fits in, first.

As for the Wizards, who's left on their team? Who's their leader? Josh Howard? Man, talk about tanking...

Mike Miller is most likely our leader right now. IMO he's the only one on our current roster capable of holding the "captain" position.

Mike Miller is most likely our leader right now. IMO he's the only one on our current roster capable of holding the "captain" position.

Man... the Wizards might as well make John Wall their team captain already :lol:

Still, though. This has got to be an EXTREMELY frustrating season for the Wizards and their fans. Not only are they the second worst team in the East by record, but they lost all three of their main core players in a single season, including Brandon Haywood. I mean, wow...

So far, we've gotten Mo, Shaq, and Antawn for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones, a 1st rounder, and Z (who we'll get back, and we got Joe Smith back in the Mo deal)

LeBron won't leave with such good management in Ferry.

Man... the Wizards might as well make John Wall their team captain already :lol:

Still, though. This has got to be an EXTREMELY frustrating season for the Wizards and their fans. Not only are they the second worst team in the East by record, but they lost all three of their main core players in a single season, including Brandon Haywood. I mean, wow...

And we lost the guy almost every fan that has stepped into Verizon Center looked up to, Abe Pollin.

Talk about a season... :(

And we lost the guy almost every fan that has stepped into Verizon Center looked up to, Abe Pollin.

Talk about a season... :(

You have no one to blame but yourselves. :angry:

for the basketball related issues, not Pollin. :(

Edited by kingfish

Believe me, you have no idea. Diehard fans such as myself are going through quite a rough time right now. I liked the uptempo play we had tonight in our win over the Twolves. But still, every win we get just reduces our chance of getting John Wall. So should we hope to lose games to tank for Wall or win games to reassure ourselves and possibly snag the 8th seed in the very weak East? That's the question.

Believe me, you have no idea. Diehard fans such as myself are going through quite a rough time right now. I liked the uptempo play we had tonight in our win over the Twolves. But still, every win we get just reduces our chance of getting John Wall. So should we hope to lose games to tank for Wall or win games to reassure ourselves and possibly snag the 8th seed in the very weak East? That's the question.

Well, in order for Wizards to have any hope of making the playoffs, they'll need to be at least a .500 team. Right now, their record stands at 18 - 33. To be at .500 by the end of their 82nd game, they'll need to be 23 - 8 from here on out. With a team lead by Mike Miller and Josh Howard, do you really believe that to be a realistic goal?

With that in mind, tanking for a better pick sounds like the best option moving forward, though I'm sure you'd hate to see this season come to such a waste. :confused: