Update: Rockets, Kings, Knicks three-way

Real Deal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the trade expands to three teams, one official involved in the talks predicted as many as 15 players could be moved. The official described the talks as “fluid and complicated.” Among the variations being proposed, Knicks guard Larry Hughes(notes) would likely be sent to Sacramento. Forward Al Harrington(notes) also could be moved. Forward Jared Jeffries(notes), whose contract the Knicks are trying to clear from their salary cap, could go to Houston.

This is nuts.

ROCKETS GET JORDAN HILL!!!

The Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have agreed to terms that will expand the Houston-Sacramento deal into a three-way trade that lands Tracy McGrady with the Knicks, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento, sources said.

The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Sacramento obtains Houston's Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey and New York's Larry Hughes.

-espn

WHOA, the picks are different.

The Knicks' 2011 pick is Top 1 protected. The 2012 pick is Top 5.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I think its time we all admit that Daryl Morey is the best GM in the entire league.

• Owner

Real Deal, what did I say?

You said you were going to love Kevin Martin.

Morey was going to make an idiotic trade. The Knicks came in and made it ridiculous for them, and something extremely beneficial to the Rockets.

Had Walsh gotten Tyrus Thomas, this trade may not have happened...but he was so desperate to get McGrady, he nearly threw David Lee into the fire.

You said you were going to love Kevin Martin.

Morey was going to make an idiotic trade. The Knicks came in and made it ridiculous for them, and something extremely beneficial to the Rockets.

Had Walsh gotten Tyrus Thomas, this trade may not have happened...but he was so desperate to get McGrady, he nearly threw David Lee into the fire.

No I said in Morey I trust, and I trusted him and look what happened. The guy is a genius.

• Owner

No I said in Morey I trust, and I trusted him and look what happened. The guy is a genius.

...he wasn't until Walsh stepped in.

There are GM's that bully, and there are GM's that get bullied. Walsh is a GM that gets bullied. Morey just took advantage of that, that's all.

I'm not saying Morey is a bad GM. He's pretty good. He's just not as great as you guys are making him out to be. No Walsh, and he trades McGrady and Landry for Kevin Martin. Stupid trade, because Chicago was pressing hard for T-Mac with a better offer, legit players that will actually share the ball and play defense.

Walsh steps in, the Rockets get two first-round picks, one potentially being a #2 next year (or in that area).

That doesn't all go to Morey. A major piece of that deal was due to Walsh's panic button, and him wanting to have just three players signed this summer, with $30-35 million under the cap.

...he wasn't until Walsh stepped in.

There are GM's that bully, and there are GM's that get bullied. Walsh is a GM that gets bullied. Morey just took advantage of that, that's all.

I'm not saying Morey is a bad GM. He's pretty good. He's just not as great as you guys are making him out to be. No Walsh, and he trades McGrady and Landry for Kevin Martin. Stupid trade, because Chicago was pressing hard for T-Mac with a better offer, legit players that will actually share the ball and play defense.

Walsh steps in, the Rockets get two first-round picks, one potentially being a #2 next year (or in that area).

That doesn't all go to Morey. A major piece of that deal was due to Walsh's panic button, and him wanting to have just three players signed this summer, with $30-35 million under the cap.

Morey wouldnt have done it if K-Mart was all he was getting basically.

BTW morey has never made a dumb trade or signing. Everything he has done has been beneficial, one way or another.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

• Owner

Morey wouldnt have done it if K-Mart was all he was getting basically.

The deal was already done. They just revised it because Sacramento changed their minds, since they thought they could get David Lee from New York.

Morey worked for three days trying to get Jordan Hill from the Knicks, but Walsh said no. Morey then went straight to Sactown and traded McGrady to the Kings...and the deal was actually completed, and McGrady was ready to negotiate the buyout. It was reported that "fireworks" would happen if McGrady wasn't bought out by Sacramento, so they decided to listen to New York and try to rake in players that will want to contribute and play for them.

Morey had already taken the deal.

And I'm fully aware that Walsh has made good decisions for the team. Personally, I don't like the Landry trade, and had Walsh not stepped in, that trade was completely stupid...but other than that, he's been fine.

The deal was already done. They just revised it because Sacramento changed their minds, since they thought they could get David Lee from New York.

Morey worked for three days trying to get Jordan Hill from the Knicks, but Walsh said no. Morey then went straight to Sactown and traded McGrady to the Kings...and the deal was actually completed, and McGrady was ready to negotiate the buyout. It was reported that "fireworks" would happen if McGrady wasn't bought out by Sacramento, so they decided to listen to New York and try to rake in players that will want to contribute and play for them.

Morey had already taken the deal.

And I'm fully aware that Walsh has made good decisions for the team. Personally, I don't like the Landry trade, and had Walsh not stepped in, that trade was completely stupid...but other than that, he's been fine.

Oh well, could care less anyway

We get Jordan Hill, 2 GREAT picks, Kevin Martin and Hilton Armstrong, nuff said.

• Owner

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it's really too bad you guys couldn't keep Landry.

Well worth it, though, if the Knicks don't land a big FA. WELL WORTH IT.

In fact, I'd cross my fingers. If the Knicks don't get their way, the Rockets have a chance to snag a potential superstar in the draft...all because they traded McGrady and a solid sixth man.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it's really too bad you guys couldn't keep Landry.

Well worth it, though, if the Knicks don't land a big FA. WELL WORTH IT.

In fact, I'd cross my fingers. If the Knicks don't get their way, the Rockets have a chance to snag a potential superstar in the draft...all because they traded McGrady and a solid sixth man.

I loved Landry, but I love this trade even more.