Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?

YoSixers

Paul is probably the best off the ball. You aren't watching if you think he's the best defender at the 1 though. I didn't say that Rondo's assist numbers equaled leadership, but you have contradicted yourself twice with that point. You most likely said that Paul was the best defender simply because his steals per game. Allen Iverson was also a great gambler. In no way does that make them a great defender. You also cite scoring as if that's a leadership quality. If that's the case, Jason Kidd was never a leader, right?

I find it funny that you brought up Rondo the season before this past one and not this year. Of course you wouldn't bring up this year, since he was clearly the leader of our playoff run. It would be much more convenient for you to knock him for the year before this year, especially when he averaged a triple double for most of the playoffs this past year.

How is a point guard's rebounding just taking away from his teammates? Again I bring up Jason Kidd. Kidd is so valuable because as soon as he rebounds he can spark a fast break out of nothing. Rondo plays similar to Kidd in that way. Are you seriously going to argue that a point guard rebounding isn't valuable with that fact in mind?

EDIT: excuse that whole middle part, I misunderstood what you were saying. The point still stands. Rondo was CLEARLY the best player for us in the playoffs, how could you not see that? Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were atrocious.

Edited by NoneOtherThan...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah i was thinking to myself what is this guy talking about? .. I don't think you read what i said the first time.

Anyway i disagree dude, Pierce was the leader for that team, i am not taking anything away from Rondo though, the guy is a great point guard but i question his leadership ability and mentality. That ranks high in my terms of a player because i really don't see much of it from Rondo, i see talent in terms of his passing and overall versatility but with nothing behind it.

Also i never said anything about CP3's steals making him a good defender and Iverson .. blah blah haha .. i dunno where that came from dude .. lol

Devin. I have him with the bigger upside, with the more polished offensive game, and with the wherewithal to take a team on his shoulders, take the pressure of being dealt for Kidd to come back strong, and the passing will come. Besides the highlighted steals that Rondo gets, I have Harris with the better defense as well.

Give me Rondo all day every day. Rondo is a below CP3 and Deron for best PG in this league. Rodo got a ring already and due to KG injury he was arguably the Celtics best player last year.

Wow at that dude .. Wow. Below CP3 after his playoff appearance? .. You can't base his regular season performances because he was like 14 and 8 during the season. That isn't close to all-star status when Harris is 22 and 7 during the season and led our team to a above expected record. The Celtics were a lock for the playoffs and that's because of Pierce, Allen and KG putting in work during the season.

Rondo came to be during the playoffs and your basing him getting a ring the previous year because of what he did in the Celtics championship season? .. He didn't do as much as KG, Pierce and Allen did during their championship run and he became a option during the previous playoffs but the team still lost to Orlando, if you can't beat expectations then you are impressive.. if he happened to take the Celtics to the ECF then that would be a different thing but he didn't ..

Because he doesn't have the mentality.. look read the news bro. The Celtics want to move his [expletive] because of his attitude, you can have all the skill in the world but if your mentality isn't correct then you will fail and stay mediocre and borderline..

Harris is just as good on defense so i don't know what your talking about, i watch most Atlantic division teams and in comparison they are just as good.. In terms of passing i would go with Harris too. You say that Glen Davis had a breakout season right, well what about Brook Lopez who had a better season then him and was a rookie in fact?

Celtics wee looking to sell high. No Rondo deals were actually SERIOUS...... read a book.

I seen a stat on Celticsblog called "Wins produced" yes its a weird stat but its a real stat, & the only 2 PG's ahead of Rondo were CP3 and Jason kidd. Rondo was 3rd.

& not to mention Rondo torches Devin everytime they matchup lol! its actually pretty hilarious too me.

Edited by DWhiTex34

lol yeah i was thinking to myself what is this guy talking about? .. I don't think you read what i said the first time.

Anyway i disagree dude, Pierce was the leader for that team, i am not taking anything away from Rondo though, the guy is a great point guard but i question his leadership ability and mentality. That ranks high in my terms of a player because i really don't see much of it from Rondo, i see talent in terms of his passing and overall versatility but with nothing behind it.

Also i never said anything about CP3's steals making him a good defender and Iverson .. blah blah haha .. i dunno where that came from dude .. lol

Sorry kind of late on this

I read it. It was easy for me to get the year you were referring to mixed up, since you tried to actually tell me that Rondo didn't do anything when he was our best player damn near all season, let alone in the playoffs. Because of that, I assumed you meant our championship year right away. My mistake.

We agree to disagree. Pierce is our best offensive player and that's where it stops. Again, Rondo manages future hall of famers while chipping in his own efficient scoring. He does exactly what a championship team needs him to do at age 23. That's a leader.

Never, ever, have I saw someone mention that Chris Paul is the best defender at the 1 spot. The only reasonable explanation to me was that you thinking about the steals he gets. Sorry brah, Rondo is clearly a better defender than Paul

He's not a good defender because he gets torched from time to time? Lol. It is not easy for point guards to defend each other. Most of these guys are quick, but not quick enough laterally to keep up with a point guard who is (most likely) fast as hell. How they recover after initially getting burned is most important and I'm pretty sure Rondo is one of the best in that sense.

He's not a good defender because he gets torched from time to time? Lol. It is not easy for point guards to defend each other. Most of these guys are quick, but not quick enough laterally to keep up with a point guard who is (most likely) fast as hell. How they recover after initially getting burned is most important and I'm pretty sure Rondo is one of the best in that sense.

No. He's a bad defender because he gets stops from time to time.

Same difference. No point guard is stopping an opposing guard every time down the floor. It's just not possible. Rondo probably prevents opposing guards from getting into the late/getting an easy shot up better than any other 1 though. I'm starting to wonder if you just hate Rondo? Because it's clear you don't watch him. If so, cool, we all have the NBA players that we don't like.

Same difference. No point guard is stopping an opposing guard every time down the floor. It's just not possible. Rondo probably prevents opposing guards from getting into the late/getting an easy shot up better than any other 1 though. I'm starting to wonder if you just hate Rondo? Because it's clear you don't watch him. If so, cool, we all have the NBA players that we don't like.

No, he does not. If nothing else, Chris Paul plays the same brand of defense that Rondo does. But he's quicker, which makes his gambles more productive.

Strong guards like Chauncey Billups or Deron Williams will always have the advantage defensively.

Devin Harris EASILY. Rajon Rondo is so overrated. I can't wait until his super cast retires and you all see the truth.

That is just pure hate & comments like that about Rondo cant be taken serious anymore.

Open your eyes and stop being an idiotic moron.

Edited by DWhiTex34

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02ylffz7db99S/340x.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/02/24/ata.0223/harris608.jpg

Harris. Screw Rondo.

I like this game...

http://www.pcsportsbet.com/files/2008/06/rajon-rondo.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06WU1RW86Ke8g/340x.jpg

Screw Harris

Edited by tonyagnese

Devin Harris is going to have better stats because he's a #1 option.

Seriously, it's obvious that he is gonig to score more.

Also, just because Rajon Rondo let someone score 23 points on him means absolutely nothing.

Michael Jordan(vastly over-rated on defense) was torched by POO ROBINSON for about 40 points. :angry: .

I like this game...

http://www.pcsportsbet.com/files/2008/06/rajon-rondo.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06WU1RW86Ke8g/340x.jpg

Screw Harris

lol dude makes 2 posts and runs ...

Did you happen to forgot 3 hall of famers won that title?, Rondo didn't..

lol dude makes 2 posts and runs ...

Did you happen to forgot 3 hall of famers won that title?, Rondo didn't..

And, Rajon Rondo carried the Boston Celtics in the playoffs this season without KG, and with a [expletive]ty Paul Pierce and a [expletive]ty Ray Allen while Devin Harris was home watching the game on t.v.

Devin Harris is going to have better stats because he's a #1 option.

Seriously, it's obvious that he is gonig to score more.

Also, just because Rajon Rondo let someone score 23 points on him means absolutely nothing.

Michael Jordan(vastly over-rated on defense) was torched by POO ROBINSON for about 40 points. :( .

Let it go man. Good lord, are you going to be referencing how Michael Jordan "sucks" in every thread?

The only thing I have a problem with is the people saying Harris because Rondo has 3 other HOFers on his team. Rondo has no KG behind him in the playoffs this year which obviously made him more vulnerable on defense, but Rondo had his coming out party in these playoffs.

The guy was .3 RPG and .2 APG away from averaging a triple double for the entire playoffs and that's in 14 games so it isn't like it's one series or anything. That is insane. He nearly got 17-10-10 in these playoffs and was by far the most impressive player on Boston's roster. Rondo was making his teammates look better, not the other way around.

As for the people saying Rondo can't shoot, Harris can't really shoot either. Rondo's three point percentage is actually even higher than Harris's lol! lol!! Rondo shoots 30+ from three point land and over 50% from the field in general. He is more efficient. Rondo is probably the best PG in the league getting tips and deflections on defense which lead to turnovers for the other team in some cases or bad passes. He is freakishly long which is definitely comse to be more helpful than Harris's 6'3 frame. He is the best rebounding point guard in the league and the better passer. Harris is a better scorer, but when I'm looking at point guards that's not the first thing used to judge them.