USA vs Canada Hockey

Guest The Situation

This game can be summed up with one word.

Goaltending.

Miller stood on his head for the Americans while Broduer was shaky as can be for the Canadians.

Credit to the Americans for playing a prototypical road game and capitalizing on their chances, but make no mistake about it, Ryan Miller was the reason why USA won. Canada dominated this game but simply couldn't beat the brick wall that is Ryan Miller.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Guest The Situation

I think the reason I can see myself liking hockey is because I enjoying soccer alot and how the scoring only come in small amounts and when they score it means so much more.

Canadians should be familiar with the situation from the 2002 games. Curtis Joseph was replaced by Brodeur after having a brutal run into the Olympics and struggling mightily against Sweden. Canada came out as a completely new team and won Gold. Maybe Luongo can give Canada that kind of reassurance.

This was the kind of game that I'd imagine could convert quite a few people to hockey fans.

And, NBA is probably kicking themselves for not airing the game. :lol: .

Also, I hear most Canadians saying that they want Roberto Luongo to start, but if he sucks and Canada loses, you know that those fans will change their mind and say, "Roberto Luongo has always been a choker. Why did Mike Babcock start him?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!".

And, NBA is probably kicking themselves for not airing the game. :lol: .

Also, I hear most Canadians saying that they want Roberto Luongo to start, but if he sucks and Canada loses, you know that those fans will change their mind and say, "Roberto Luongo has always been a choker. Why did Mike Babcock start him?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!".

Umm no. I (and most I know) have been for starting Roberto the whole time because it's his arena and he is younger and various other reasons. The way Brodeur played tonight, it should be Roberto with no doubt in pretty much anyones mind.

Umm no. I (and most I know) have been for starting Roberto the whole time because it's his arena and he is younger and various other reasons. The way Brodeur played tonight, it should be Roberto with no doubt in pretty much anyones mind.

You also have to factor in Brodeur's play leading up to the games. Earlier on in the season, had the Olmpyics started, no one would have had a problem putting Marty as consensus #1. As the season went on, you could tell the wear and tear was getting to him. I think he was like 3-7 leading up to the games or something.

You also have to factor in Brodeur's play leading up to the games. Earlier on in the season, had the Olmpyics started, no one would have had a problem putting Marty as consensus #1. As the season went on, you could tell the wear and tear was getting to him. I think he was like 3-7 leading up to the games or something.

Yupp exactly.

anyone know of any torrents or websites that i could download the game from? i was busy and couldnt watch the game today (i have 2 exams tomorrow), but i want to see it

I know that there are replays on both the CTV and NBC Olympic websites, but they may start from a certain time. They have it replaying on my TSN right now, so it may be on NBC sometime today.

I'm glad Martin Broduer decided he was going to make it an entertaining game by playing out of his role. Marc Andre Fluery should have been given a chance because we wouldn't be in this situation IMO.

The easiest way for Canada to win gold? Make a teamof the best players for the past five years in the WJC and you have gold. Those guys give it everything while Pronger has been more of a pylon along with some of the other vets.

Seriously, you Canadians crack me up. :lol: .

If Roberto Luongo has a poor game, like he has a track record of doing in big games, you will all change your mind and say that Martin Brodeur should have started.

You are leaving out the fact that plenty of Canadians wanted Luongo to start the game against the Americans in the first place. Brodeur was shaky as hell in the month leading up to the Olympics and really didn't look all that good against the Swiss either.

And I really doubt that anybody is going to say that Brodeur should've started against Germany or Russia based on how he played against the USA. Basically everybody that I know has said that Luongo should be Canada's goalie from here on out regardless of how he plays.

But I imagine the entire Canadian fan base will be judged off of the select few individuals who make up ridiculous excuses as to why Canada lost (if they so happen to lose) just like they always are when it comes to hockey. But god forbid if a Canadian makes a generlization like that about any other country in the world. :rolleyes:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Seriously, you Canadians crack me up. :lol: .

If Roberto Luongo has a poor game, like he has a track record of doing in big games, you will all change your mind and say that Martin Brodeur should have started.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/ayecuh26/Animated%20Gif/WTF1.gif

Gonna be good rematch but i got a feeling Canada will send the whole town happy with a gold medal win so Ryan Miller gotta play really good this game for us to win. He won US the game last time so hopefully he can repeat history itself by beating Canada TWO TIMES