Lebron to Wear 6 Next Season

Doc

Guys, the paper work is only for if he stays in Cleveland. I know Cavs fans are going to say its a sign that he's going to stay but I think he just doesn't know what he's gonna do yet but he said he was going to do this before the season started.

Also, the reasoning is because he thinks no one should ever wear number 23 because of Mike which is completely agree with.

No one's implying that lol

I like this for LeBron. Clearly he'll be leaving Cleveland now. To bad for them too.

Changing your number, why not also change team. Start fresh.

Or is he going to another team that has that number retired?

Maybe they're being sarcastic or whatever, but I don't think a number change changes the possibility of him leaving or not leaving.

Maybe they're being sarcastic or whatever, but I don't think a number change changes the possibility of him leaving or not leaving.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I heard he might go to Portland to play with his bro' Oden...

Miller-Roy-LBJ-Aldridge-Oden

If he really wanted to win a ring, he would go to Portland, sick lineup right there.

Why wud he care about jersey sales. He dont get profit from his own jersey selling. Does he???

I doubt it's financial reasons(in terms of Jersey sales), cause he wouldnt get much even if he got a %(compared to what he already makes). Like i said, it's a marketing ploy. Get more media attention(like he needs more lol), change his number, overtake Kobe in #1 jersey sales(same reason KB24 switched to 24), and im pretty sure he has to change that LBJ logo on his headband/sneaker to something that resembles a 6, which would cause more sales(T-Shirts, Jerseys with that logo etc).

Edited by Celtics3420

• Owner

I think Bryant was already #1 in jersey sales right before he switched to #24. Bryant's reasoning behind the change was because if it being another chapter in his life, to drop the eight that he wore during the worst of times in his career (minus the championships, of course, but you know what I'm referring to) and to dedicated 24 hours a day to the game.

And I don't see the big deal with the change for LeBron, either. It's a number, and it's his Olympic number, at that.

The way I see it, LeBron thinks Jordan's number should be retired throughout the league. By picking his own number, he's hoping to earn that same respect 20 years from now.

And, as far as him changing the number early and indicating he's staying with Cleveland, that's not what it means. He could be undecided right now (as he has stated before), and because of that, he has to request the change when he can, just in case he does stay in Cleveland. Doesn't mean much, so don't look too deep into it, fellas.

most likely hes gonna stay in cleveland.

if he was to change teams, he wouldnt have to put papers in to change his jersey number, he could just go to a new team and select number 6.

filling papers for him to change his jersey most likely means he staying.