Lebron to Wear 6 Next Season

Doc

LeBron James told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he has filed the necessary paperwork with the NBA to change his jersey number from 23 to 6 next season.

"I've done it," James said. "I already sent it in. I'm going to be number 6."

James' decision may prompt another round of speculation about the superstar's impending free-agency. The number on his jersey may be different but what about the city name?

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65077/20100302/lebron_files_paperwork_to_change_jersey_number_to_6/#ixzz0h1LUqkam

So many players take 23 because their admiration for Jordan. It's kind of getting old. I mean a number isn't that important, but they should create their own legacy, not follow Micheal Jordan's. He should of done this when he first came into the league because his fans have to buy a new jersey now, but whatever.

So many players take 23 because their admiration for Jordan. It's kind of getting old. I mean a number isn't that important, but they should create their own legacy, not follow Micheal Jordan's. He should of done this when he first came into the league because his fans have to buy a new jersey now, but whatever.

Maybe, I think people still wear the Kobe 8's.