House Democratic official: 'We've got the votes' on health care

Lkr

It's pretty damn simple.

1. Get a job that offers health care insurance.

2. Get a 2nd or 3rd job so you can pay for it and get goods that you would like.

3. Go to school and get a degree so you can get a job that offers you health-care.

However, doing that would mean you can't be a lazy, which is where the problem lies for many people, but not all.

Also, those of you that don't have health-care or support the bill, you know that the bill doesn't only effect those that want health-care?

Yes, that's right, it effects EVERYONE, even those that don't support the bill.

Edited by EastCoastNiner
  • Like 1

Here's a very true quote from after the vote:

"Todays vote will go down in history as the culmination of a year long quest by a partisan majority party to force its will on the public over bipartisan opposition." - Mitch McConnell

On another site someone mentioned this and I found it to be very funny:

What's most ironic about all this is the people who are pro-choice claim nobody should have control over our bodies are the same people telling us exactly what we should do and force us all to purchase health insurance. Hypocrisy at its best. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It's pretty damn simple.

1. Get a job that offers health care insurance.

2. Get a 2nd or 3rd job so you can pay for it and get goods that you would like.

3. Go to school and get a degree so you can get a job that offers you health-care.

However, doing that would mean you can't be a lazy, which is where the problem lies for many people, but not all.

Also, those of you that don't have health-care or support the bill, you know that the bill doesn't only effect those that want health-care?

Yes, that's right, it effects EVERYONE, even those that don't support the bill.

It is easier said than done.

Like you said get a job that offers a health care plan.In doing that you prolly need a good degree like you said. But alot of people cannot afford to go to school or even have the same opportunity (like head start programs, tutors) because of their SES. Its tough balancing 2 jobs or even one and school. There are hard workers out there who don't have a education because of this reason.

lolz Lowes isn't hiring you because you're an 18 year old emo druggie. Kinda obvious, if you ask me.

Rather be an 18 year old emo druggie than 12 year old camper who only listens to 5 bands. Plus prick they cant see a person's face behind a job application you mong.

Rather be an 18 year old emo druggie than 12 year old camper who only listens to 5 bands. Plus prick they cant see a person's face behind a job application you mong.

Ha, but the thing is, I have a job and don't spent my life [expletive]ing about it on a forum.

• Owner

Watch the personal attacks.

I would debate in here, but I'll just pretend like I'm back with my private insurance company, and that means I'm blind again and can't type a long reply.

All of that crack and heroin I've done over the last 2-3 years has really screwed me over, also.

Exactly.

It is those people's fault though, because they've worked their asses of to get to where they are today. Not every rich person inherits their money. And don't give me the whole lack of education thing because my father didn't even finish college and has made a wonderful living for over 20 years. There's always an opportunity to make something of yourself. There are so many lazy people in this country looking for a handout from the government and they've gotten that and plenty more.

Here's a tip for the single mom with 3 kids. Tell your man to wrap it up next time. Problem solved.

Yeah the answers are so easier when your parents are rich and everything is handed to you. Opportunities are not as big as they used to be 'Flash'.

Watch the personal attacks.

I would debate in here, but I'll just pretend like I'm back with my private insurance company, and that means I'm blind again and can't type a long reply.

All of that crack and heroin I've done over the last 2-3 years has really screwed me over, also.

Its obviously because you dont deserve it, you shouldnt have had those 3 kids. Keep it in your pants brah.

Guest Need4Sheed

For anyone that is confused what this really means.

1. It basically is the beginning of the government saying they can now order us to purchase things that they deem necessary like healthcare. Car insurance, I can understand. But healthcare? If someone chooses to go uninsured until they become ill with something and then buy coverage, the government has no right to say you HAVE to purchase insurance if you’re completely healthy in the mean time. They have background deals depending on you and me buying into this plan. That’s why it was so important for them to get this bill signed into law.

2. People who choose not to purchase this insurance will be fined annually a sum of 2250.00 per person (not household) or 2% of your annual earned income.

3. It creates the assumption that the American people will foot the bill for people who are in this country illegally, people who are drug addicts and basically lost causes, people who were born with disabilities (which btw I DON’T mind paying for BUT they should already have government programs to pay for special cases such as this) etc. We will now be responsible through the increase of taxes to pay for this program. Not to mention the inflation that is to come because of our already failing economy.

4. In the case of abortion, Obama has made executive orders stating that abortions cannot be funded through obamacare unless it is a case of rape or incest. Now, typically, an executive order can be overlooked when the law is interpreted in a different way. So, lets say a 16 year old girl gets pregnant because she had sex w her bf. She can easily go to any doctor, say she was raped, was scared to come forward at the time and now wants to abort the child. And it’s a done deal right there. so, when they say abortions won’t be funded through this plan, they’re lying through their teeth.

5. Most importantly, this bill passing puts us at risk of the government saying how we can be cared for by our physicians. Since they are providing this to the people, if they don’t think your MRI or CTSN is necessary…they can deny this to you and make you wait and appeal. If you’re a diabetic, and you’re insulin is too costly to them for coverage, they can say listen buddy, you’re limited to this much every month because there’s too many people with cases like yours and its costing us too much money. In contrast, if you’re paying for your own health insurance, no one can tell you you cant be covered for certain things if you’re paying the premiums no matter how high they go up. As long as u show them the money you will be taken care of. Not so with this plan.

6. Overflow. Now that this bill is going to pass, it means millions of people who weren’t covered before (including illegals) will now be covered for care. SO, think about it, longer waits in hospitals and to see your doctor. Longer waits for surgery, etc. new facilities and new offices need to be opened in less time and new staff needs to be recruited. While this is good because it creates more jobs in the medical field, its also bad because there is little incentive for a doctor to become a doctor when the government is controlling now how much they can make a year. Salary caps will be put in place and many professionals will be driven out of areas that participate in obamacare

Edited by Need4Sheed

• Owner
If you’re a diabetic, and you’re insulin is too costly to them for coverage, they can say listen buddy, you’re limited to this much every month because there’s too many people with cases like yours and its costing us too much money.

LOL, that's bull[expletive]. The government doesn't do that with your insulin through Medicaid or Medicare. Instead, they require that you tell them how much insulin you take per day, and that gives you restrictions so you don't go and get 30 bottles of it for $90, sell each bottle for $90 with no prescriptions, and make money. It'll be the same with this.

Misinformation is ruining this country. I don't know who all is saying what, but it's very clear that people are being spoon-fed this massive amount of BS, and assumptions are coming from those who have no prior experience with government-run health care, let alone be in a situation where that care has saved their lives, or they are relying on it every single day to live.

I could go on and on about it, but nobody will listen to those who actually know something. People like me are the idiots that do crack, heroin, reproduce at massive rates, and live off the system and everyone else's taxes. [expletive] people like me.

• Like 2

• Owner

But if Healthcare is working in countries like Canada, France, England, why won't it work in the states? The most "powerful" country.

Because we are the best country in the world, we do everything right, and we have an awesome military and don't care about your country. Pfft, you already knew this.

The US is too good to be like Europe :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the [expletive] that Fox News is feeding is getting old. I was watching this morning and they did one of those "e-mail questions" asking if citizens will get the same coverage as those in Congress. The anchor then asked some senior reporter that was in Washington, and he said no, the GOP defeated that proposition. Then the anchor says, "There you have it folks, more lies from the bill!"

Also, I hear [expletive] all the time from friends saying that people in Canada and Europe aren't happy with their healthcare system. Hey Canadians, do you enjoy your health care?

Edited by Lkr

Me and my family are pretty happy with our healthcare. We are in the middle class and we never had a problem with our plan and also with our extend family. My grandpa has been through alot and without our healthcare plan, I don't think he would be here today.

Edited by Doc

Me and my family are pretty happy with our healthcare. We are in the middle class and we never had a problem with our plan and also with our extend family. My grandpa has been through alot and without our healthcare plan, I don't think he would be here today.

This. Not so much with a grandfather that is sick like Doc, but I'm happy.

Guest Need4Sheed

Seriously, the [expletive] that Fox News is feeding is getting old.

You always have issues staying away from things you dislike. :lol:

Fox cough cough, COD cough cough

1. We're still at war (something you supported under Bush)

2. Gitmo is still open (something you supported under Bush)

3. The Patriot Act was renewed (something you supported under Bush)

4. Government spending is still out of control (something you didn't seem to mind under Bush)

nice try

Guest Need4Sheed

1. We're still at war (something you supported under Bush)

2. Gitmo is still open (something you supported under Bush)

3. The Patriot Act was renewed (something you supported under Bush)

4. Government spending is still out of control (something you didn't seem to mind under Bush)

nice try

Who?

Isnt this about Healthcare Reform?

I think it's funny how everyone always goes back to all the negative things Bush did. Get over it. It's past his time.

==============================================

"Instead of using the poverty threshold to exempt low-income people, the bill would exempt households with incomes below the tax-filing threshold — $9,350 for individuals and $18,700 for couples in 2009."

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/03/19/us/politics/20100319-health-care-reconciliation.html

Edited by Need4Sheed
  • Like 1

The US is too good to be like Europe :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the [expletive] that Fox News is feeding is getting old. I was watching this morning and they did one of those "e-mail questions" asking if citizens will get the same coverage as those in Congress. The anchor then asked some senior reporter that was in Washington, and he said no, the GOP defeated that proposition. Then the anchor says, "There you have it folks, more lies from the bill!"

Also, I hear [expletive] all the time from friends saying that people in Canada and Europe aren't happy with their healthcare system. Hey Canadians, do you enjoy your health care?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/YugoRocketsFan/wewiejioej.jpg

These are the percentages btw.

Who?

Isnt this about Healthcare Reform?

I think it's funny how everyone always goes back to all the negative things Bush did. Get over it. It's past his time.

This is what people voted for...CHANGE. To all you Obama-haters out there who said he wouldn't change anything, well guess, what, he did? If you don't like it, you're entitled to your own opinion, that's fine. But this is what he said he would do during his campaign speeches, and he has finally done it. Now lets see how it works out.

• Like 1