McNabb traded to Skins!

Guest Need4Sheed

Also, it is NOT a coincidence that this trade is made the night before Opening Day. This organization is an attention whore, they can't handle the fact that the Phillies have officially taken over the city.

I seriously doubt that... :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt that... :rolleyes:

I guarantee you it is not a coincidence. The other 3 pro sports teams in town have good relationships with each other, but none of them can stand the Eagles. Most sports writers in the area actually called this a while ago. It doesn't surprise me at all.

I honestly could care less about this.

I have no clue why Philly fans would be mad or scared about this.

This is what so many of us wanted.

Are you really going to miss this dude?

[expletive], we lost to the Cowboys 3 times last year averaging 11 pts a game. Thats pathetic.

REID NEXT PLEASE!

I am OK with him getting traded, not OK with him going to a division rival.

to everyone who said that it was a terrible trade just because it was in the division---- learn to read instead of just reading headlines. yes you never want to trade within your division, but to me this is an exception. mcnabb is 33 years old and on the final year of his contract. it is well known that the eagles arent going to resign him after the season. instead of just keeping him, the eagles first off allow their young quarterback to get some playing time, but also they get pretty much a first round pick and other picks (not finalized yet).

i dont know if the redskins resigned him yet, but to me either keeping mcnabb for the year then losing him or trading him in the division for a first round pick and more is a VERY easy decision for me

im pretty happy with this trade. i am very excited for the season. i know we probably arent gonna get far into the playoffs, but this team is already loaded with young talent, plus have a ton of picks in the draft. all the tools be a very dominate team for a very long time

I honestly could care less about this.

I have no clue why Philly fans would be mad or scared about this.

This is what so many of us wanted.

Are you really going to miss this dude?

[expletive], we lost to the Cowboys 3 times last year averaging 11 pts a game. Thats pathetic.

REID NEXT PLEASE!

I don't really care that much, it's just shocking news that he's playing for a division rival now...

At the end of the day, I think this was the best deal on the table, and we took it. A high 2nd round pick is pretty valuable.

I just wished they traded McNabb elsewhere, so I can root for him to succeed. I can't do that now. And we all know that, with or without McNabb, this Eagles team wasn't going to do much next year anyways. So this talk about McNabb coming back for "revenge" doesn't bother me. My expectations are at an alltime low now, which should be a positive. They won't let me down this year, finally.

im pretty happy with this trade. i am very excited for the season. i know we probably arent gonna get far into the playoffs, but this team is already loaded with young talent, plus have a ton of picks in the draft. all the tools be a very dominate team for a very long time

Playoffs? You're expecting playoffs? I'd be shocked if we didn't finish last in the division.

Playoffs? You're expecting playoffs? I'd be shocked if we didn't finish last in the division.

its possible, why not. anything can happen over the course of a football season, and the eagles are a little young, but absolutely have more than enough talent on the roster to make it to the playoffs

Guest Need4Sheed

Why?

Even though they probably think McNabb sucks and dont like him because he played on the Eagles, this gives them a much better chance to win games and make the playoffs.

McNabb>>>>>>>>>any Redskins QB

http://i44.tinypic.com/2583tie.jpg

But I strongly dislike this move. I don’t at all think the gap between Jason Campbell and Donovan McNabb is great enough to spend a 2nd rounder + 3rd/4th next year. And even if it is, what’s the point? It’s not like we’re going to contend this year, so upgrading our QB when we have a perfectly serviceable one in-house doesn’t make sense, especially not at the cost of a 2nd rounder. This is a crazy thought, but why not use that 2nd rounder on a young player (ie not 33 like McNabb) who will help for years to come, instead of just this year and maybe next. Dumb, dumb move.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/4/4/1405243/donovan-mcnabb-traded-to-redskins#comments

Edited by Need4Sheed

Not sure if any of the Philly fans on here are familiar with The700Level blog.....but if so, check it out. Comments section is exploding haha. I understand why people would be upset over this but some people need to get a grip lol.

Edited by Phightins

Not sure why people are calling this a good or bad trade yet... I think it's way too early. McNabb is an aging quarterback, Kolb is as ready as he's ever going to be to step in. Eagles haven't gone anywhere with McNabb since 2004. He wins them regular season games but has failed to deliver in the playoffs. I think a change of scenery will do both McNabb and the Eagles some good. Philadelphia also has plenty of picks to play with in this years draft, so you know they will get a few good pieces. And the best part about football is nobody knows what is going to happen. Nobody thought the Bengals after going 4-11-1 would wind up sweeping the Steelers and taking the division. Things just happen. So don't bet against Kolb yet...

Not sure why people are calling this a good or bad trade yet... I think it's way too early. McNabb is an aging quarterback, Kolb is as ready as he's ever going to be to step in. Eagles haven't gone anywhere with McNabb since 2004. He wins them regular season games but has failed to deliver in the playoffs. I think a change of scenery will do both McNabb and the Eagles some good. Philadelphia also has plenty of picks to play with in this years draft, so you know they will get a few good pieces. And the best part about football is nobody knows what is going to happen. Nobody thought the Bengals after going 4-11-1 would wind up sweeping the Steelers and taking the division. Things just happen. So don't bet against Kolb yet...

I actually agree. This is so shocking, so everybody is having severe knee-jerk reactions. We need to give this a couple days for the shock to wear off, then we can better evaluate it.

I'm excited, but I won't get ahead of myself like I do every year, my teams always find a way to disappoint me.

I am actually okay with this move. I see the Skins moving Campbell out of town for a pick or two this year and I wouldn't be at all shocked if they still drafted a QB to learn under McNabb...instead of Campbell.

McNabb is a mobile QB from a WC system, and has been at the helm of an offense that is more productive than ours on a yearly basis.

Also, everybody is exaggerating the future impact of McNabb's rib injury. It is a painful injury that will heal completely. He will be absolutely fine next year with regards to the health of his ribs.

Interesting move. Definitely taking a wait and see approach.

In theory McNabb is a good pick-up for an established team making a playoff run. But at 34 and the Skins 3 years away how does this help them. Wouldn't it have been better for them to pick up Clausen and use those 3 years to groom him?

No, clearly the management here thinks we can make it to the playoffs. In essence, it isn't a long shot, nor is this deal worth regretting.

Think about it, we're a top 5 defense, we haven't lost anyone on that side of the ball, Orakpo will only get better, and this transition to the 3-4 isn't all that bad considering how versatile Brian is.

On offense, we will try to build our line over the draft, hopefully we trade Campbell for a few future picks, and possibly sign a player or trade for a WR to give mcNabb a few options on offense. We also signed Parker and Johnson to help out the backfield and hopefully motivate Portis, that's a win-win.

But like I said, I don't want to get my hopes up, I just have a feeling our front office is going to put us in a fair position to win this year.

i also agree. the trade could easily favor either team. the redskins could resign mcnabb and could win a lot of games for them and get to the playoffs. his age could also get to him and he could just be another average, overpaid quarterback. the eagles could use the picks and draft someone who turns out to be a great player. the eagles could also pick the wrong guy and waste the picks

you are right, anything can happen in the NFL. right now i think it was a smart move by both teams, but who knows how it will turn out

@AL - wouldn't it have been better for the 'skins if they waited till the draft, see if there are any desirable QB prospects besides Bradford and keep their picks? I would have LOVED this move for you guys a few years back but right now I'm scratching my head at this.

@AL - wouldn't it have been better for the 'skins if they waited till the draft, see if there are any desirable QB prospects besides Bradford and keep their picks? I would have LOVED this move for you guys a few years back but right now I'm scratching my head at this.

If there was a clearcut franchise QB prospect I would say select him, but I don't see that player in this draft. I feel like taking Bradford or Clausen #1 would be a huge reach and similar to SF selecting Alex Smith #1 overall a few years back.

The front office and I definitely did not see eye to eye here, I was under the assumption that we were going to build ourselves into a contender through the draft, we didn't go through our yearly spending spree, we didn't overpay anyone, it just seemed like we had a new perspective this year. Then here we are, bringing in a 33 year old QB who NO ONE thought would be in DC.

Obviously Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen think we can make it to the playoffs, it's not a long shot here. The Giants are going no where fast, the Eagles are looking like a 7 win team (pending on how the transition to the fulltime starting QB effects Kolb), and the Cowboys are defeatable with our defense.

Last year we held the Boys to a TD and a FG, no more no less. Our defense could be one of the best in the league, now we bring in a developing O-line, a pro bowl QB, a healthy receiving corps (plus a top 5 TE in Cooley), we can make the playoffs if everything goes right.

Of course, this is just speculation here, I'm just bringing up all the positives here, with DC sports, anything can happen.