McNabb traded to Skins!

Guest Need4Sheed

This is going to be so weird not seeing him in Philadelphia. When I think of McNabb, Philadelphia is the only team that comes to mind.

Exactly

I don't see why Eagles fans always trash McNabb, I really don't think Kolb has the potential to be better, if as good as McNabb.

McNabb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spencer

theres a big difference

You're completely wrong, Spencer was a first round draft meaning he's worth more than McNabb who is worth a high 2nd round pick. There is no difference, giving the Cowboys a first round draft pick was much worse than giving the Redskins a 33 yr old QB.

You're completely wrong, Spencer was a first round draft meaning he's worth more than McNabb who is worth a high 2nd round pick. There is no difference, giving the Cowboys a first round draft pick was much worse than giving the Redskins a 33 yr old QB.

What has Spencer done in his career? nothing to this point. Giving a proven great QB in McNabb to a divisional team is alot different when compared to giving away Spencer. lol McNabb was the face of that franchise for a decade maybe more.

What has Spencer done in his career? nothing to this point. Giving a proven great QB in McNabb to a divisional team is alot different when compared to giving away Spencer. lol McNabb was the face of that franchise for a decade maybe more.

Who cares his career is almost over. When you trade the 26th pick of the draft you give a team in your division the chance to draft a young star.

Exactly

I don't see why Eagles fans always trash McNabb, I really don't think Kolb has the potential to be better, if as good as McNabb.

I don't like those people either, and really I think they are the minority. More people like him than hate him, but you'd never know that since all you ever hear about are the morons who call into WIP (our radio station) talking [expletive] about him.

And it's hard to pass judgement on Kolb, seeing as he's only had 2 starts. They obviously have a boner for him, so we'll see how it goes.

who cares who is worth more or any of that. it really doesnt matter at all in any way. the eagles traded down a few picks because they knew they could still get kevin kolb. the cowboys offered the best deal and the eagles accepted. the eagles didnt hand spencer to the cowboys at all.

who cares

who cares who is worth more or any of that. it really doesnt matter at all in any way. the eagles traded down a few picks because they knew they could still get kevin kolb. the cowboys offered the best deal and the eagles accepted. the eagles didnt hand spencer to the cowboys at all.

who cares

Who cares? Lol, I don't know where you come from but in my world you never EVER help out a team in your division. Giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick there was just a dumb move.

Who cares? Lol, I don't know where you come from but in my world you never EVER help out a team in your division. Giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick there was just a dumb move.

id rather get better value in a trade with a team in my division only involving draft picks then not trade at all or get less

so you think the redskins were incredibly stupid for trading picks to a team in their division too? i guess they shouldnt have traded for mcnabb, doesnt matter if it helps their team, he is in the division so you cant trade with a team in the division.

Wow u traded him to skins lol... Look like Cowboys gonna be dominating the division for the next few years

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Outside of divisional play, the Cowboys weren't that impressive last year. Then again, the NFC East wasn't impressive last year. The Redskins can make the playoffs now imo, they just need to improve the oline in the draft

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Outside of divisional play, the Cowboys weren't that impressive last year. Then again, the NFC East wasn't impressive last year. The Redskins can make the playoffs now imo, they just need to improve the oline in the draft

Yeah the cowboys were only 7-3 outside the division, they suck. (BTW thats the same record Packers had outside of their division, and the NFC East is better tan the NFC North)

• Owner

Raiders should have gotten him...

Probably, but it wouldn't have done anything for us, because he'd get sacked 300 times a game with our line trying to protect him.

Plus, it's a big "hell no" if we had to trade Asomugha for him, which is the rumor I read.

Probably, but it wouldn't have done anything for us, because he'd get sacked 300 times a game with our line trying to protect him.

Plus, it's a big "hell no" if we had to trade Asomugha for him, which is the rumor I read.

Hell no if we trade Nnamdi. But I would do it for the second rounder. The Raiders are retarded when it comes to drafting.

Guest Need4Sheed

Alot of people dont understand.

McNabb is a great QB but he is a QB that could never get over the hump.

You know how frustrating it is getting so close to lose all these years? It's not fun.

Then to see him go out every year and smile after interceptions and ground ball to the feet passes and thento play air guitar in Dallas before getting lit up.

He doesnt know when to be serious.

This era needed to end because it wasnt getting any better.

Yes we are probably going to take some bumps in the next few years but thats what happens when drastic changes happens.

But then again, we still have a lot of sick players on this team so dont count them out.

Guest Need4Sheed

From Redskins Forum:

Doesn't this trade reek of the past blunders?

- The Redskins lack youth and they trade away 2 picks

- The Eagles obviously don't consider the Redskins or McNabb much of a threat if they trade him in-division.

- The Eagles have 11 draft picks this year, which is how many the Redskins have the next 2 years.

- Eagles starters at QB, both WR spots, TE and RB are all under the age of 25...They can grow together

- Eagles players (even before the trade) appeared to be for it

If you were a new fan to football, which organization would you rather be behind?

From a Giants Forum:

6 reasons:

1. Your supposed franchise QB is 33 years old, is no longer the elite player he was, and only has a couple years left as a productive player

2. You have a young, talented replacement ready to play who can probably already offer similiar performance this year, and likely better performance over the next few years

3. Using your excess resources at QB to fill other holes rather than letting McNabb walk in free agency is smart.

4. By the time the Skins are any good, McNabb likely won’t be, so strengthening a division rival is not that relevant.

5. Taking a second round pick from the Skins (plus another pick in 2011) actively hurts them in the future, when they have a greater chance of being competitive.

6. It actively hurts the Eagles to accept less in a trade just to get him out of the division (in other words, taking anything but the best offer), and keeping your team as strong as possible should be more important than hurting your rivals. If the Eagles ever want to win a Superbowl, they’ll need to do a heck of a lot more than just be better than the Skins.

Edited by Need4Sheed

Now that I am over the shock, I like this trade more and more. Yes, it is going to suck seeing Donovan come into the Linc for the first time, but the Eagles wound up getting a high 2nd round pick which is really what I have expected all along. If this trade was to the Rams, I don't think people would have as big an issue with it, despite the fact that the Eagles would be getting basically the same compensation. And if Andy Reid is telling the truth that this is the best offer he got, then how can he be blamed for pulling the trigger. And if he is telling the truth about Donovan wanting to go to Washington, then it's a win for everybody.

Guest Need4Sheed

I think it went down like this.

Oakland - Best offer but McNabb threatened retirement

Buffalo - Good offer but McNabb choose DC over here

Washington - Good offer and who McNabb wanted to go to

St. Louis - Good offer but McNabb choose DC over here

1. Your supposed franchise QB is 33 years old, is no longer the elite player he was, and only has a couple years left as a productive player

2. You have a young, talented replacement ready to play who can probably already offer similiar performance this year, and likely better performance over the next few years

3. Using your excess resources at QB to fill other holes rather than letting McNabb walk in free agency is smart.

4. By the time the Skins are any good, McNabb likely won’t be, so strengthening a division rival is not that relevant.

5. Taking a second round pick from the Skins (plus another pick in 2011) actively hurts them in the future, when they have a greater chance of being competitive.

6. It actively hurts the Eagles to accept less in a trade just to get him out of the division (in other words, taking anything but the best offer), and keeping your team as strong as possible should be more important than hurting your rivals. If the Eagles ever want to win a Superbowl, they’ll need to do a heck of a lot more than just be better than the Skins.

i think that giants fan knows more about the eagles then most eagles fans. i totally agree with every point, especially number 6. it seemed like i was the only one who thought that

Um, wow. Thats some hellish news to wake up to. :lol:

Don't really like him still being in the Division.....but at least the madness is over. Sucks we couldn't get Aso, though. Oh well. Let the Kolb era begin!

Guest Need4Sheed

Honestly, I think they are mildly just retooling.

Do teams that are rebuilding have pieces like:

Desean

LaSean

Weaver

Celek

Avant

Bell

Kolb

Vick

Bradley

Cole

Samuel

Tapp

There are still alot of good quality players on this team. Usually a rebuilding team has nothing really. Look at teams like the Rams, Lions, Chiefs, and Raiders. Now they are teams that are rebuilding.

Edited by Need4Sheed